Joe Daniher has 2nd thoughts

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Joe Daniher has 2nd thoughts

Post by BenDoolan »

Well, maybe?

I'm trying to imagine being him. Sitting in his loungeroom watching that shit yesterday afternoon. Then watching the Swans retain top spot today. Thinking..........hmmmm.....F****** hell eh.......I could be with the Swans next year!

He must be a masochist.
Essendunny
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Re: Joe Daniher has 2nd thoughts

Post by ZeroEffect »

Wtf dude, that headline is similar to something the herald sun would pull on the front page. Sucked me in big time.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

ZeroEffect wrote:Wtf dude, that headline is similar to something the herald sun would pull on the front page. Sucked me in big time.
:lol:
Essendunny
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Hahaha BD how pissed are you......you need a holiday I think....need to relax a bit. It'll all work out one day!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

knew as soon as i read it what he was getting at, had similar thoughts too to start a similar thread
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

So much hysteria...the end can't come quick enough ! Everyone needs a break.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

hahaha you got me BD.... I was thinking.. geez our week couldnt get any worse hahaha #-o
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

JP_32 wrote:Hahaha BD how pissed are you......you need a holiday I think....need to relax a bit. It'll all work out one day!
Haha, yeah I do mate. I'm looking to book something in September :wink: :lol:

Seriously though, I am jack of it all. Lost all patience now. I'll explain why. I grew up in the mediocre 70's. Swore my allegiance to the Bombers back in 1973. I had to contend with the usual "what happened to Essendon?" barbs almost every Monday when I arrived at school. It never bothered me. I just loved the Bombers and all that played for them.

I loved the battlers that played for our club - Ian Marsh, Steve Robins, Peter Hickmott, Wayne Primmer, Ken Mansfield etc, etc. I'd hear older guys abuse them (around my age now) saying they were crap and all that. I could never understand why they would bag players for the team they support.

Then amazing things started to happend when Sheedy arrived. We became an awesome outfit. And players became real heroes. It was a magnificent period for us in the 80's and 90's - (2000). We set the standards in so many ways during that time.

Now we are where we are now - a period like the 70's. Some younger kids are probably like me when I was younger - loving every player that runs out for our club. And there's me now (like the older blokes back in the 70's) hanging shit on those who keep this club languishing. Now I understand where those guys were coming from. They would have experienced the success in the 60's and then watched the club turn to junk like it is now.

I apologise for my venomous ramblings. I just can't help it. :wink:
Essendunny
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Ramble on, Benny. Share your thoughts entirely. Similar journey.

Need a big break and focus on whippinng the Poms.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

BenDoolan wrote:
JP_32 wrote:Hahaha BD how pissed are you......you need a holiday I think....need to relax a bit. It'll all work out one day!

Seriously though, I am jack of it all. Lost all patience now. I'll explain why. I grew up in the mediocre 70's. Swore my allegiance to the Bombers back in 1973. I had to contend with the usual "what happened to Essendon?" barbs almost every Monday when I arrived at school. It never bothered me. I just loved the Bombers and all that played for them.

I loved the battlers that played for our club - Ian Marsh, Steve Robins, Peter Hickmott, Wayne Primmer, Ken Mansfield etc, etc. I'd hear older guys abuse them (around my age now) saying they were crap and all that. I could never understand why they would bag players for the team they support.

Then amazing things started to happend when Sheedy arrived. We became an awesome outfit. And players became real heroes. It was a magnificent period for us in the 80's and 90's - (2000). We set the standards in so many ways during that time.

Now we are where we are now - a period like the 70's. Some younger kids are probably like me when I was younger - loving every player that runs out for our club. And there's me now (like the older blokes back in the 70's) hanging shit on those who keep this club languishing. Now I understand where those guys were coming from. They would have experienced the success in the 60's and then watched the club turn to junk like it is now.

No need to apologise...we are all share the same feelings at the moment. Just for your mental wellbeing don't let it drive you too crazy ha.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

I was born in 88. First game i ever remember watching was the 93 GF. Had some heartbreak losses through the 90's and succeeded in 2000. Since then its been a long time between drinks...Atm im even copping it from kanga supporters!!! I have a 5yo nephew and ive brainwashed him to barrack for essendon, but its going to be tough to keep him on board if shit dont start turning around soon!!!
bombermancan
Top Up Player

Post by bombermancan »

sconsey wrote:I was born in 88. First game i ever remember watching was the 93 GF. Had some heartbreak losses through the 90's and succeeded in 2000. Since then its been a long time between drinks...Atm im even copping it from kanga supporters!!! I have a 5yo nephew and ive brainwashed him to barrack for essendon, but its going to be tough to keep him on board if shit dont start turning around soon!!!
Use to go most weeks from 93=2006. With Work, Uni, Mates who don't attend anymore i barely go. I actually can't remember the last time i've been to essendon game at the g and there has been 80,000 + bar anzac day or a final. The club needs to do something quick and fast.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

rockhole wrote:Ramble on, Benny. Share your thoughts entirely. Similar journey.

As I think most of you know, I'm another child of the 70s and there is a horrible feeling of history repeating itself at the moment.
Still, the 80s were great and so (assuming history always repeats), there will be good times again some day.
Just hope it isn't TOO far in the future and that I'm still around to see it!
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

billyduckworth wrote:
rockhole wrote:Ramble on, Benny. Share your thoughts entirely. Similar journey.

As I think most of you know, I'm another child of the 70s and there is a horrible feeling of history repeating itself at the moment.
Still, the 80s were great and so (assuming history always repeats), there will be good times again some day.
Just hope it isn't TOO far in the future and that I'm still around to see it!
Me 4.

Hey Rocky......If you seriously think that turning your mind to the Aussies beating the Poms will save your sanity - look away.
I fear that too will be just like the footy season we are enduring!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:

Circle of life; hakunah matata.

Great post. =D>
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

And BTW I was not sucked in by the title/poster. :D

If anyone other than Doolan, Gimps, Robbie or Donnie had posted it I might have thought it was true. Maybe Jimmy too.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.