Should BomberBlitz and BomberTalk merge?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Filthy

Should BomberBlitz and BomberTalk merge?

Post by Filthy »

It seems to me that we are lucky to have as a Club 2 great sites where we can talk footy as well as a range of issues? I don't know nor do I care about any other Clubs but I would hazard a guess and say that along with the Offical Site, we would have to be one of the best served Clubs in the AFL info wise and being able to chat wise.

I also note that their are many common members to both sites.

So a question to the mod's here and member's of both sites, is there any economy's of scale, is their any benefit in having one you beaut, one size fits all, Super Site, or is it better like it is?

Personally I don't have time for both so I stay here, but some of the contributor's are top draw over there (and some duds of course) and it would be fun yarning with them.

Thoughts? :wink:
Last edited by Filthy on Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Post by Koala »

I like both sites, but I know of some people who don't like one but do like the other.

There are a few people that find Blitz to be quite cliquey, to be over to the top with criticism of players and of other posters. They prefer BT - it's generally a lot calmer and nicer over here!

Then there are others who didn't like the BT of old - they felt it was too controlled, that they couldn't say what they really felt. That's kind of put them off even trying out the new BT.

Some also like being on a smaller site with fewer members, where it's easy to keep up with the latest threads - other like the bigger base of posters, with a lot more threads being posted.

So no, I don't think the two should merge... I think it suits the majority of people to have both sites.

It means that unfortunately people don't always have time to post information on both sites, but if the thread is interesting enough links usually get put up on the other one eventually!
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

it would be great to have one big forum, but like you filth i dont have time to read both forums so i stay here too.
i think it would be fantastic to merge with the other site, but doesnt bother me.

as long as bluey isnt over there
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

I'm a member of both but rarely post on Blitz...it just seems that if you're not one of the regulars, then theres' a lot of stuff that I don't understand.

I love their training reviews but overall I'm happy to do most of my posting here and to maintain the staus quo
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

I like them both and I check the "Windy Hill Hangar everyday" particularly the training reports. Last year I almost gave up on BT, but I have been very impressed by what this forum has become in a few months, congrats to all those that made it happen including you Filthy.

It's a case of two is better than one.
Red and Black Forever
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

To me, the people over at BB are like 'The Others' . Frankly, I dont care for them much.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I agree with nearly everything said in this thread. I'm happy with it the way it is, I suppose the BB crew would find the BT threads to be a bit grandma, which suits me just fine, and I know some BTers find the BB crew to be just too abrasive.

I like the fact that we have our own quieter little community over here. I too am a member of BB but not particularly interested in going over there. Once bitten twice shy, I'm afraid. I copped a bit of abuse for being a nazi mod last year (more idiots who didn't know facts before they started talking shit) so I'm not interested in going over there much anymore, which is a shame as it seems like there's some good convos going on over there.

Still the powers that be (Andy yeah?) is doing a great job over there, for sure.

And Kinky - everyone could say what they wanted over in the old BT, they just didn't have to be abusive f****** arseholes about it, which some just DIDN'T GET.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Bomberblitz people do a fantastic job with their reports etc. but some of them are rude and childish and over here people are more polite and like laid back. I say lets recruit the good ones over here.
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Post by Koala »

Megan wrote:And Kinky - everyone could say what they wanted over in the old BT, they just didn't have to be abusive f****** arseholes about it, which some just DIDN'T GET.
well, no, not everyone could say what they wanted, because some of them wanted to do the over the top player bagging thing, and Blitz allowed them a bit more latitude than BT. And you know I understood full well why it couldn't be allowed on BT - I went into bat a number of times on Blitz defending the stance. I really disliked it being on any forum, but for the sake of the club, better it be posted on Blitz than them persisting with it on BT.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Mmm interpretation Kinky. They wanted to say Henno was a dud. They could've said "Henno isn't up to scratch for a senior player and should be dropped to the seconds". Instead they said "Henno should be taken out back and shot".

Yes, I modded comments like that on more than one occasion. Evidently this made me a nazi.

I never liked the idea of BT being considered somewhere you couldn't have an opinion... but some people just couldn't seem to understand that it was the official site and that made it much tighter in the rules department. Rules that seemingly some people seem to think I made, when in fact I made NONE of the rules.

Either way it's a moot point, long live the old BT :)
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Post by Koala »

Yep, and I understand all of that - like I said, I defended the stance on a number of occasions.

But sometimes if you feel like yelling about something, you don't want to be told you can only speak at a normal tone!!

So technically people couldn't always say what they wanted to. And for some, it was a turn off. Me, I liked having BT that way - I didn't want to have to read those angry over the top comments. Many times after losses I'd deliberately avoid Blitz until people had calmed down.
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

The majority rules...keep it as it is!!! :D
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Keep it as it is. I post on both sites and its quite fun.

There seem to be more people at BB who are more "in the know" then some in here. Yu get some cockheads over there but also there are some very intelligent people.

As a side note, I wouldnt directly copy their training report. JM goes to a lot of trouble with those reports so I think that if people want to read it, just post the link. He may get shitty with his report being copied onto other sites.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Rossoneri wrote: As a side note, I wouldnt directly copy their training report. JM goes to a lot of trouble with those reports so I think that if people want to read it, just post the link. He may get shitty with his report being copied onto other sites.
I highly doubt it. He is a great guy, and does the reports to fill in those supporters who can't get to training, as do the others who do the reports like Bender and Sandbelt.

As for merging, I think it is better as is. Both forums are quite different. Now that this forum is not associated with the club, I feel it has become much better. No need to over mod, and a lot of the morons have not returned.

It's a bit quiet now, but when the season starts i'm sure it will pick up.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

I'm not sure why i am not a big BB fan.

I went over there and it was big and i sort of got lost easily.

I like BT... Most of us a civil and can have a proper debate without flying off the handle like some at BB do.

It is a bit quiet, but i do hope we pick up some more members during the season and i do hope it gets a bit busier.

But then again, i spose all off seasons on BT are reasonably quiet yeah?
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

I'd say this offseason has been alot louder than offseasons normally are on bt, I wouldn't be suprised if we grow alot bigger and louder come season time when we actually have stuff to talk about.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Seems to be alot less dingbats on this forum. Most people here are well informed and civil. Can't say the same for the other mob. I for one will miss BT if it goes... :(
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Its not going anywhere DF :wink:
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

danstar84 wrote:
Rossoneri wrote: As a side note, I wouldnt directly copy their training report. JM goes to a lot of trouble with those reports so I think that if people want to read it, just post the link. He may get shitty with his report being copied onto other sites.
I highly doubt it. He is a great guy, and does the reports to fill in those supporters who can't get to training, as do the others who do the reports like Bender and Sandbelt.

As for merging, I think it is better as is. Both forums are quite different. Now that this forum is not associated with the club, I feel it has become much better. No need to over mod, and a lot of the morons have not returned.

It's a bit quiet now, but when the season starts i'm sure it will pick up.
Not denying he is a great guy, but he might get a upset if you copy and paste them. But if he doesnt mind then thats ok. His reports are far more detail than anything I have ever seen (koalas are very good also).
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

I think both forums work best in coexistence. I vist BB as much as I visit BT. There are some very knowledgeable people over there, as there is here. Although it is very easy to find new information over there as someone said there are a lot of people 'in the know'. I don't tend to post as much there as generally my thoughts may have been already posted by someone else, although if i feel i can contribute something I will.

BT works well, It will be interesting to see how many people post here during the football season. Hopefully we will get more people joining up here and some good discussion. BB is a lot bigger and even at this time of the year will often have more people on line that we have signed up here. :P