Cale hooker

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bombermancan
Top Up Player

Cale hooker

Post by bombermancan »

What a selfish c***. If had agreed to go to west coast the saints would of got brown and we would be without this spud.

Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: Cale hooker

Post by Jazz_84 »

we would have got picks 25 and 27 but as he was contracted and wanted to improve and be a part of Essendon... can hardly blame him
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Same thing happened with Mark Bolton some years ago. He stayed, and we missed Steve Johnson.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I agree that we would have done very well out of that deal... But I'm not angry at Cale for agreeing to stay, like Gumby he has shown wonderful loyalty and shows that the ayers believe that the club is going in the right direction...yes he may not be best 22 next year but at least he has another 12 months to prove himself or increase his trade value for the end of 2013..

Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

bombermancan wrote:What a selfish c***. If had agreed to go to west coast the saints would of got brown and we would be without this spud.
You idiot. He's a c*nt for showing loyalty? Get your f****** head checked.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.

Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

At least they guy wants to be a part of it even when potentially being shown the door...cannot knock him for that. Not unhappy at all. Up to him now to go about creating a situation where the coaches (and us) look back 2 years later and think "thank christ we kept Cale Hooker!" rather than "bloody hell...just imagine if...".
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives

Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Ossie wrote:
bombermancan wrote:What a selfish c***. If had agreed to go to west coast the saints would of got brown and we would be without this spud.
You idiot. He's a c*nt for showing loyalty? Get your f****** head checked.
lol...this was my first reaction too.
So yeah, + 1
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:I agree that we would have done very well out of that deal... But I'm not angry at Cale for agreeing to stay, like Gumby he has shown wonderful loyalty and shows that the ayers believe that the club is going in the right direction...yes he may not be best 22 next year but at least he has another 12 months to prove himself or increase his trade value for the end of 2013..
I don't think we're ever going to get another opportunity like that again for Hooker. The guy was pick 54 himself and hasn't really shown anything outstanding to deserve picks 25 & 27.

And by your own reckoning, he might not even be in the side a lot next season - so how could he increase his trade value?

It's just a shame he has another year on his contract IMO.

bombermancan
Top Up Player

Post by bombermancan »

Jazz_84 wrote:we would have got picks 25 and 27 but as he was contracted and wanted to improve and be a part of Essendon... can hardly blame him
improvement is made with him leaving.

JockStrap

Post by JockStrap »

25 and 27 for Cale is ridiculous and I dont think Cale is that bad. I didnt realise that was what was on offer!!!

Cant blame him for holding his ground but those 2 selections would have been a fantastic bonus.

I guess the good thing is other clubs obviously rate him a little hugher than we do to place this sort of value on his head (even though this was largely driven by him being under contact) I supposehad he not been contracted, the offer would have been more realistic

bombermancan
Top Up Player

Post by bombermancan »

JockStrap wrote:25 and 27 for Cale is ridiculous and I dont think Cale is that bad. I didnt realise that was what was on offer!!!

Cant blame him for holding his ground but those 2 selections would have been a fantastic bonus.

I guess the good thing is other clubs obviously rate him a little hugher than we do to place this sort of value on his head (even though this was largely driven by him being under contact) I supposehad he not been contracted, the offer would have been more realistic
we won't get anything near this ever again.

JockStrap

Post by JockStrap »

bombermancan wrote:
JockStrap wrote:25 and 27 for Cale is ridiculous and I dont think Cale is that bad. I didnt realise that was what was on offer!!!

we won't get anything near this ever again.
C'est la vie!

Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

it was more the fact we would have been the beneficiaries of St Kilda being very desperate to get Brown and willing to pay overs for him, rather then a club rating hooker enough to offer those 2 picks for him
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Jazz_84 wrote:it was more the fact we would have been the beneficiaries of St Kilda being very desperate to get Brown and willing to pay overs for him, rather then a club rating hooker enough to offer those 2 picks for him
Correct.

BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

BenDoolan wrote:Same thing happened with Mark Bolton some years ago. He stayed, and we missed Steve Johnson.
I thought it was Bartel.

BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Was Hooker ever on the table? It looks like West Coast and St Kilda made the deal and then approached Essendon. Essendon mentioned it to Cale who said no and that was the end of it.

bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

I'm reading the headlines and it basically is blaming Cale Hooker for this falling over and I really want to say f*** off St Kilda and Liam Pickering.

However, this proposed deal would have been fantastic for Essendon. Pick 25 and 26 for Hooker, we could have got a ready and able replacement in Jacobs from Port Adelaide and possibly had one of those picks left for the draft.

Christmas in October!!!!

However Hooker is contracted and being a stand by player for the Eagles will never be as attractive as playing for the Bombers.

Cest la vie

swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BERT wrote:Was Hooker ever on the table? It looks like West Coast and St Kilda made the deal and then approached Essendon. Essendon mentioned it to Cale who said no and that was the end of it.
That's pretty much what Dodoro said on the club website.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012

swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

The only spud around here is you.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012

jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Jesus. 25 + 27 for Hooker!? That would've been the deal of the entire trade period. He's within his rights to stay, but that would've been an amazing outcome.