f*** off..c***

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1778
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by nudder12 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:54 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:05 pm
I think that success will be the only thing that salves the still gaping wounds.
Success may put all this in a shallow grave, but it'll always and forever be bubbling away under there, and occasionally the stench will rise through to remind us.

User avatar
boncer34
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 9159
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by boncer34 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:53 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am

There’s no record of that.[
I'll agree to disagree on this with you but:

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... c79f4f9aa5
He wasn’t consulted when players’ blood samples were allegedly sent interstate to check for the WADA-banned substance Insulin Growth Factor 1 in November 2011.
Believe me when I say there is nothing alleged about that.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25182
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by BenDoolan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:18 am

boncer34 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:53 am
BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am

There’s no record of that.[
I'll agree to disagree on this with you but:

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... c79f4f9aa5
He wasn’t consulted when players’ blood samples were allegedly sent interstate to check for the WADA-banned substance Insulin Growth Factor 1 in November 2011.
Believe me when I say there is nothing alleged about that.
Very vague. Any idea who it was sent to or what the result of the tests were?

In any case, does it really matter? We know we kept things from Reid. That’s not the point of the argument. The argument is about what the AFL knew, and what they did / didn’t do.

This says it all for me. They knew what we were up to, but failed to act to shut down their concerns...
The AFL had become sufficiently concerned by 2012 that its advice had been ignored, and by persistent rumours and misgivings of other clubs about what Essendon was doing, to send blood specimens to Cologne in Germany, at the time one of only two laboratories in the world capable of testing for peptides.

According to Harcourt, “nothing came” out of those tests. What he actually meant was no positive results were recorded. But he also spoke of having to monitor players for the next five to 10 years for potential hormonal issues or cancers as a result of “this crazy activity that individuals allowed to occur at the club”.

That’s pretty dramatic stuff, obviously of grave concern to the keepers of our code. So if the AFL’s fears were that transparent, why did it wait a full year to apply any penalties to Essendon for its shocking administration and disregard for its own players’ welfare? Or even continue to counsel and keep tabs on the club and the players Harcourt said it was so worried about?

Former AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou had already expressed publicly his concerns about the creeping influence of sports science in the game, but denied repeatedly that he knew specific details about the club or clubs involved prior to Essendon’s “self-reporting” in February last year.

Are we supposed to swallow the possibility that the AFL’s chief medical officer was as worried by what was going on as his conference speech indicated, yet somehow failed to alert his boss to those concerns?
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.the ... zsurt.html
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
boncer34
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 9159
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by boncer34 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:13 am

Very vague?

Benny please. We sent blood samples interstate to test if the players had WADA banned substances in them, that's not vague at all. Its no more vague then the AFL sent the players blood to Germany to get it tested for WADA banned substances.

Clearly the results were negative, as the AFL's version hence why we weren't hung, drawn and quartered there.

And absolutely it matters, the argument is the AFL should've known and no way we could've kept it hidden from them. Well we kept it hidden from Reid so how come we kept it hidden from the bloke in contact with the players every day but its so implausible we kept it from the AFL?

And that article right there says that we ignored the AFL's warnings (which I have repeatedly said we did and demonstates the AFL didn't sit on its hands it clearly warned us repeatedly) and they were sufficiently concerned enough to step in and send players bloods away (again not a sign of inaction by them). What you're neglecting to mention is that once the AFL stepped in and sent away the bloods we stopped the program.

So the timeline was

Hird asks about peptides
AFL warn him against it
Essendon hires Dank
AFL asks about Dank
We say he's not running a team wide program
AFL accepts that
AFL starts cluing on that we lied to them
AFL sends bloods away
Club stops program


Doesn't scream inactivity to me. Sounds like they took very reasonable steps, they warned us, we said we listened, they believed us, once they became concerned we hadn't listened they sent the bloods off.

The reason for the full year of penalties was once the bloods came back negative as far as the AFL was concerned we'd done nothing illegal so why punish? However as we know Feb 2013 happened, the "optics" became muddy and they had to be seen to act. Everything post Feb 2013 is garbage, fully support that. But everything leading up to that is on the club.

Its my absolute last post on the topic but just to restate it. The AFL warned us against the program, the AFL checked on why we hired Dank, the AFL kept tabs and when it became clear Dank had run a program the AFL sent bloods off to be tested.

The fact we hid it from Reid and its widely accepted we did clearly demonstrates that it was entirely plausible we hid the worst of it from the AFL until after it stopped.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 11811
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by Windy_Hill » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:09 pm

So based on the timeline mentioned above, I stand by my claim that the club was naive/stupid but never set out to deliberately cheat and stopped the program once it was clear that they may be overstepping the mark and obviously because of the “optics”

Hird encouraged a cutting edge supplements program provided it was legal

Dank claims it was although there remains doubts as to how legal his supplements were/were not

When suspicions arose, both the club and the AFL had the samples tested

The samples tested negative

Everything after this point was a cluster f*** whereby the club was thrown under a bus through self administered stupidity, AFL commercial agenda and a gullible media looking to win Walkleys

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1778
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by nudder12 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:54 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:09 pm
So based on the timeline mentioned above, I stand by my claim that the club was naive/stupid but never set out to deliberately cheat and stopped the program once it was clear that they may be overstepping the mark and obviously because of the “optics”

Hird encouraged a cutting edge supplements program provided it was legal

Dank claims it was although there remains doubts as to how legal his supplements were/were not

When suspicions arose, both the club and the AFL had the samples tested

The samples tested negative

Everything after this point was a cluster f*** whereby the club was thrown under a bus through self administered stupidity, AFL commercial agenda and a gullible media looking to win Walkleys
You can claim that, but maybe it went more like.....
....the Club embarked on an illegal drugs program, and once it became clear they were overstepping the mark, they decided it better end.
Just sayin'.
I don't know. Who does??
The biggest thing to me in this whole argument, is that Dank has never produced ANY evidence of his program's legality. There can only be one reason for that......has has NO evidence. NONE.
You can all decide for yourselves why that is the case.
And, before anyone says it, maybe the Club had no idea and it was all Dank's fault, BUT it was the Club's duty to ensure legality - see my previous comment on that.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25182
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by BenDoolan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:36 am

boncer34 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:13 am
Very vague?

Benny please. We sent blood samples interstate to test if the players had WADA banned substances in them, that's not vague at all. Its no more vague then the AFL sent the players blood to Germany to get it tested for WADA banned substances.
Yeah, very vague. Like, WHO sent the blood samples to WHICH state, and WHAT was the result? No info whatsoever. As opposed to THE AFL sent blood samples to COLOGNE in Germany, and the result was negative. See the difference?
Clearly the results were negative, as the AFL's version hence why we weren't hung, drawn and quartered there.
Yeah, clearly. It would be nice if there is some sort of record of this don’t you think? I mean TWO tests came back negative instead of one. But there is no mention of this anywhere.
And absolutely it matters, the argument is the AFL should've known and no way we could've kept it hidden from them. Well we kept it hidden from Reid so how come we kept it hidden from the bloke in contact with the players every day but its so implausible we kept it from the AFL?
You make me laugh. Other clubs knew about the program lol. Clubs tipped off the AFL. They knew. You just fail to acknowledge it. Don’t know why you’re protecting these cretins.
And that article right there says that we ignored the AFL's warnings (which I have repeatedly said we did and demonstates the AFL didn't sit on its hands it clearly warned us repeatedly) and they were sufficiently concerned enough to step in and send players bloods away (again not a sign of inaction by them). What you're neglecting to mention is that once the AFL stepped in and sent away the bloods we stopped the program.
Do you know when EFC administrators asked Dank to stop the program? May 2012. Did he stop? Not entirely. Do you know when Dank was sacked? September 2012. Do you know when the bloods were sent? Over to you...
So the timeline was

Hird asks about peptides
AFL warn him against it
Essendon hires Dank
AFL asks about Dank
We say he's not running a team wide program
AFL accepts that
AFL starts cluing on that we lied to them
AFL sends bloods away
Club stops program


Doesn't scream inactivity to me. Sounds like they took very reasonable steps, they warned us, we said we listened, they believed us, once they became concerned we hadn't listened they sent the bloods off.
It’s not about “inactivity” or even “activity”. It’s about accountability. As they run the game, and govern it, they failed in their duty of care to the players. You can try and excuse them all you like, but they are responsible and culpable. An integrity officer allowed the integrity of the game to be enormously damaged. 12 clubs were found with systemic issues in their governance. He failed, simple as that. Blame all the individual clubs all you want, but there is an officer who is employed to oversee the integrity of the competition.
The reason for the full year of penalties was once the bloods came back negative as far as the AFL was concerned we'd done nothing illegal so why punish? However as we know Feb 2013 happened, the "optics" became muddy and they had to be seen to act. Everything post Feb 2013 is garbage, fully support that. But everything leading up to that is on the club.
See above.
Its my absolute last post on the topic but just to restate it. The AFL warned us against the program, the AFL checked on why we hired Dank, the AFL kept tabs and when it became clear Dank had run a program the AFL sent bloods off to be tested.

The fact we hid it from Reid and its widely accepted we did clearly demonstrates that it was entirely plausible we hid the worst of it from the AFL until after it stopped.
No matter how many times you say it, Clothier was employed to ensure the integrity of the game. He failed in his follow ups to stop it once he was tipped off. Instead of insisting the practice stopped, they secretly sent bloods off for testing. Disgrace.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
boncer34
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 9159
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by boncer34 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:50 am

Benny I haven't failed to acknowledge anything. We just strongly disagree.

All good. No matter how many times we go back and forth facts are facts and we clearly read them differently.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

mdso
Club Captain
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:55 am
Location: Merimbula, Far South Coast of N.SW.

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by mdso » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:42 am

What no one has mentioned was that the AFL ok'd Dank and Robinson to work at Essendon. They gave them a big O.K. Both worked at the Gold Coast Suns and Boak a Suns player, had already been caught using banned substances which Robinson had provided which supposedly came from Dank. Yet, the AFL still approved their employment at Essendon which seems beyond odd to me. The matter of banned substances at The Suns was with-held from the EFC and both men were given the O.K. to work at Essendon and the Melbourne Footy Clubs.

There were two lots of bloods which were taken from Essendon players and sent away and both lots came back negative. The second lot of bloods taken much later and once again, Essendon and the players were in the dark about the tests. The AFL and ADSADA told no one at the club. They were not just Essendon players but also players from other AFL clubs. Only two Essendon players had higher TB4 readings than normal, remembering TB4 would be natural occurring substance present in anyone with injuries.

These later tests must have proved an embarrassment for both the AFL and ASADA, as the tests showed only two Essendon players had higher TB4 readings and the readings of players from other AFL clubs had much higher readings. The public might have expected headlines about this story yet it was supressed and only surfaced much later. All hush, hush. One has to wonder why wasn't this story wasn't newsworthy? The media weren't interested in the story, nor were the AFL and ASADA and everyone kept Mum about the results and failed to share the test results with Essendon and the players. Only much later when all was all over red rover did this information come to light. Could this have been classified as new evidence??? Obviously not, no one of any importance was interested in hearing about it and it seems to have died a natural death.

1. Why did the AFL allow Dank and Robinson to work at Essendon and Melbourne knowing full well they had bought banned substances to the Gold Coast Suns. Why was this information kept secret from the Essendon Football Club? Who gave the order to keep Mum on the subject?

2. The facts are both Dank and Robinson had worked at several other AFL clubs which were never inspected as Essendon was maybe they should have been.

3. Why did the AFL and ASADA NOT inform Essendon or the Essendon players, the results of bloods taken from the players and sent overseas to be tested and let them know early on, NO POSITIVE RESULTS WERE FOUND?

4. The disappearance of documents relating to the supplements saga and leading to the EFC being slammed for slack governance, the club being expelled from playing finals, the players being banned for 12 months and staff also banned and fined. Yet, certain people at the AFL had knowledge of both Dank and Robinson's suspicious activities at other clubs. The AFL kept quiet about what they knew, they allowed Dank and Robinson to work at Essendon and did not inspect or regulate them at Essendon. WHY didn't they?

5. The AFL without a doubt put the players lives at risk. They did nothing to ensure the players safety until; it was too late. What unfolded at Essendon was a disgrace. Yet, the AFL stayed in with-hold about information when they were fully aware of what had happened else where and sat on their hands and allowed what happened to happen. Once again keeping Mum on any relevant information. Had the AFL acted after the debacle at the Gold Coast Suns and Melbourne, there would NOT have been an Essendon supplement saga.

Something stinks about this whole affair.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25182
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by BenDoolan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:23 am

mdso wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:42 am
What no one has mentioned was that the AFL ok'd Dank and Robinson to work at Essendon. They gave them a big O.K. Both worked at the Gold Coast Suns and Boak a Suns player, had already been caught using banned substances which Robinson had provided which supposedly came from Dank. Yet, the AFL still approved their employment at Essendon which seems beyond odd to me. The matter of banned substances at The Suns was with-held from the EFC and both men were given the O.K. to work at Essendon and the Melbourne Footy Clubs.

There were two lots of bloods which were taken from Essendon players and sent away and both lots came back negative. The second lot of bloods taken much later and once again, Essendon and the players were in the dark about the tests. The AFL and ADSADA told no one at the club. They were not just Essendon players but also players from other AFL clubs. Only two Essendon players had higher TB4 readings than normal, remembering TB4 would be natural occurring substance present in anyone with injuries.

These later tests must have proved an embarrassment for both the AFL and ASADA, as the tests showed only two Essendon players had higher TB4 readings and the readings of players from other AFL clubs had much higher readings. The public might have expected headlines about this story yet it was supressed and only surfaced much later. All hush, hush. One has to wonder why wasn't this story wasn't newsworthy? The media weren't interested in the story, nor were the AFL and ASADA and everyone kept Mum about the results and failed to share the test results with Essendon and the players. Only much later when all was all over red rover did this information come to light. Could this have been classified as new evidence??? Obviously not, no one of any importance was interested in hearing about it and it seems to have died a natural death.

1. Why did the AFL allow Dank and Robinson to work at Essendon and Melbourne knowing full well they had bought banned substances to the Gold Coast Suns. Why was this information kept secret from the Essendon Football Club? Who gave the order to keep Mum on the subject?

2. The facts are both Dank and Robinson had worked at several other AFL clubs which were never inspected as Essendon was maybe they should have been.

3. Why did the AFL and ASADA NOT inform Essendon or the Essendon players, the results of bloods taken from the players and sent overseas to be tested and let them know early on, NO POSITIVE RESULTS WERE FOUND?

4. The disappearance of documents relating to the supplements saga and leading to the EFC being slammed for slack governance, the club being expelled from playing finals, the players being banned for 12 months and staff also banned and fined. Yet, certain people at the AFL had knowledge of both Dank and Robinson's suspicious activities at other clubs. The AFL kept quiet about what they knew, they allowed Dank and Robinson to work at Essendon and did not inspect or regulate them at Essendon. WHY didn't they?

5. The AFL without a doubt put the players lives at risk. They did nothing to ensure the players safety until; it was too late. What unfolded at Essendon was a disgrace. Yet, the AFL stayed in with-hold about information when they were fully aware of what had happened else where and sat on their hands and allowed what happened to happen. Once again keeping Mum on any relevant information. Had the AFL acted after the debacle at the Gold Coast Suns and Melbourne, there would NOT have been an Essendon supplement saga.

Something stinks about this whole affair.
Well said.

And we “hid things” from the AFL?

LOL
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1778
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by nudder12 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:55 pm

mdso wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:42 am
What no one has mentioned was that the AFL ok'd Dank and Robinson to work at Essendon. They gave them a big O.K. Both worked at the Gold Coast Suns and Boak a Suns player, had already been caught using banned substances which Robinson had provided which supposedly came from Dank. Yet, the AFL still approved their employment at Essendon which seems beyond odd to me. The matter of banned substances at The Suns was with-held from the EFC and both men were given the O.K. to work at Essendon and the Melbourne Footy Clubs.

There were two lots of bloods which were taken from Essendon players and sent away and both lots came back negative. The second lot of bloods taken much later and once again, Essendon and the players were in the dark about the tests. The AFL and ADSADA told no one at the club. They were not just Essendon players but also players from other AFL clubs. Only two Essendon players had higher TB4 readings than normal, remembering TB4 would be natural occurring substance present in anyone with injuries.

These later tests must have proved an embarrassment for both the AFL and ASADA, as the tests showed only two Essendon players had higher TB4 readings and the readings of players from other AFL clubs had much higher readings. The public might have expected headlines about this story yet it was supressed and only surfaced much later. All hush, hush. One has to wonder why wasn't this story wasn't newsworthy? The media weren't interested in the story, nor were the AFL and ASADA and everyone kept Mum about the results and failed to share the test results with Essendon and the players. Only much later when all was all over red rover did this information come to light. Could this have been classified as new evidence??? Obviously not, no one of any importance was interested in hearing about it and it seems to have died a natural death.

1. Why did the AFL allow Dank and Robinson to work at Essendon and Melbourne knowing full well they had bought banned substances to the Gold Coast Suns. Why was this information kept secret from the Essendon Football Club? Who gave the order to keep Mum on the subject?

2. The facts are both Dank and Robinson had worked at several other AFL clubs which were never inspected as Essendon was maybe they should have been.

3. Why did the AFL and ASADA NOT inform Essendon or the Essendon players, the results of bloods taken from the players and sent overseas to be tested and let them know early on, NO POSITIVE RESULTS WERE FOUND?

4. The disappearance of documents relating to the supplements saga and leading to the EFC being slammed for slack governance, the club being expelled from playing finals, the players being banned for 12 months and staff also banned and fined. Yet, certain people at the AFL had knowledge of both Dank and Robinson's suspicious activities at other clubs. The AFL kept quiet about what they knew, they allowed Dank and Robinson to work at Essendon and did not inspect or regulate them at Essendon. WHY didn't they?

5. The AFL without a doubt put the players lives at risk. They did nothing to ensure the players safety until; it was too late. What unfolded at Essendon was a disgrace. Yet, the AFL stayed in with-hold about information when they were fully aware of what had happened else where and sat on their hands and allowed what happened to happen. Once again keeping Mum on any relevant information. Had the AFL acted after the debacle at the Gold Coast Suns and Melbourne, there would NOT have been an Essendon supplement saga.

Something stinks about this whole affair.
Of course, the one thing missing from all you've said is that Melbourne had no apparent issues, but EFC did!

mdso
Club Captain
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:55 am
Location: Merimbula, Far South Coast of N.SW.

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by mdso » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:04 am

nudder: yes Melbourne did have issues but none it appeared the AFL publicly it seemed were interested in pursuing. None the media were
interested in writing about. (Remember this was the club who were fined $500,000 for NOT tanking.) Gillon McLaughlin hounded Dean Bailey
the former coach of Melbourne, who was dying from terminal cancer. His wife wrote a book speaking about the AFL's disgraceful behaviour and
threats to Dean Bailey. Who incidentally was another former Essendon person. Jack Trengrove reportedly had an injury and was being treated for
that injury "with supposedly banned substances." Dank was working as a consultant for Melbourne and they were allegedly using Thymomodulin
which is what the bottle was that found in Dank's fridge at the EFC. There is a photo kicking round with Dean "Wally" Wallace and the bottle in his
hand clearly labelled. Like magic disappeared and was like it never had appeared.

More unanswered questions and far too many strange goings on, by some still current AFL staff and former AFL staff. Many people who since the
supplement saga have been handsomely rewarded by promotions either in the AFL, the AFL Commission or elsewhere like Bastion.

Who said crime doesn't pay? ](*,)
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7809
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by grassy1 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:03 pm

Reminds me of that scene from Frontline when Crusading Freelance Journo Bob Foster,tells Mike Moore,”Crusading doesn’t pay!”

Mike Moore,”I thought that was Crime didn’t pay”.

Bob Foster(getting in his crappy car),”Oh no,Crime Pays beautifully!”

Even from that fictitious setting,I just wonder if that pointed sentiment rings true,25 years later?

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 803
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by Windy Hille » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:40 am

mdso wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:04 am
nudder: yes Melbourne did have issues but none it appeared the AFL publicly it seemed were interested in pursuing. None the media were
interested in writing about. (Remember this was the club who were fined $500,000 for NOT tanking.) Gillon McLaughlin hounded Dean Bailey
the former coach of Melbourne, who was dying from terminal cancer. His wife wrote a book speaking about the AFL's disgraceful behaviour and
threats to Dean Bailey. Who incidentally was another former Essendon person. Jack Trengrove reportedly had an injury and was being treated for
that injury "with supposedly banned substances." Dank was working as a consultant for Melbourne and they were allegedly using Thymomodulin
which is what the bottle was that found in Dank's fridge at the EFC. There is a photo kicking round with Dean "Wally" Wallace and the bottle in his
hand clearly labelled. Like magic disappeared and was like it never had appeared.

More unanswered questions and far too many strange goings on, by some still current AFL staff and former AFL staff. Many people who since the
supplement saga have been handsomely rewarded by promotions either in the AFL, the AFL Commission or elsewhere like Bastion.

Who said crime doesn't pay? ](*,)
Define it. It seems that Bruce was repeating much of this in his posts. Can it be a shade of his dislike for establishments? One wonders.

mdso
Club Captain
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:55 am
Location: Merimbula, Far South Coast of N.SW.

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by mdso » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:52 pm

The most important question which still remains unanswered - the AFL knew something was going on, people in a high places at the AFL knew about Shane Charters, Stephen Dank and Dean Robinson via a leak from the ACC so the AFL had a sniff "of something" in 2012. But; they remained silent about this.

The ASADA/WADA and the AFL were all aware before Essendon "supposedly" self reported in 2013. Remember; there were rumours floating around about the secret deals between the AFL and ASADA. However someone leaked information to the NRL about ASADA's deal with Essendon, the NRL were onto it like a shot and warned ASADA, shortly after the deal with Essendon, was withdrawn. The NRL were offered a deal if they pleaded guilty. People in high places at Essendon knew about this "leaked" information and the deal with ASADA's although, a lot of people at Essendon knew nothing. Zilch because Mum was the word. Shane Charters was belted up big time, his house trashed, car set on fire and his dog killed. Sounds like someone was sending him a message. Charters asks for police protection. From whom? H'm there are quite a few choices.

Staff had complained at Essendon to Management including the Essendon Doctor, Dr. Bruce Reid whose letter to the Board went missing, two Coaches and other staff complained about Dank and Robinson, they were ignored and told to shut their mouths. Why didn't the complainers go to the AFL then? Who knows? Maybe they didn't trust certain people in high places? If they didn't as it turned out they were right to be wary but they paid a high price for their mistakes of trusting others to do what was right. They didn't do what was right and acted in their own best interests and; some were rewarded for their loyalty to the AFL.

WHY did the AFL even allow Stephen Dank and Dean Robinson to work at Essendon? There was ample proof they were shonky. When it was already known there was involvement with banned substances at the Gold Coast Suns, where players were suspended or retired and Melbourne. WHY was this hushed up or Essendon not informed about whom they were intending to employ? Or, did the AFL have a deal with ASADA/WADA and was this deal part of what went down at Essendon? ( I AM JUST ASKING.) If something was going on with supplements at the Melbourne Footy Club involving a player/s and both Robinson and Dank were involved, in what was happening at the Melbourne, was this also part of a deal with ASADA involving Essendon and its players? (I AM JUST ASKING.) The secrecy behind what happened at both clubs is hidden in mysterious secrecy, followed up by threats and intimidation to keep anyone from talking. Remember Dr. Bruce Reid was stood down for his part in the supplements scandal at Essendon and he took the AFL to the Supreme Court and did NOT back down. The AFL dropped the charges against him and he was cleared to continue working at Essendon and as a Doctor. The AFL and Bruce settled on the steps. No one else has followed through with any legal action against the AFL. Is that because the AFL use a very big bag of dirty tricks, the best and most qualified lawyers and do everything within their power legally to ensure they back off and some. We know that everyone involved in compensation claims everyone has been compensated and signed "no talk" agreements. Wondering if the death of someone involved in Essendon's Supplement Saga some time in the future, will speak or leave documents will might open up a can of worms.

Ask yourself about this possibility and wonder: IF the AFL, had intervened and had NOT APPROVED of Dank and Robinson to work at Essendon, there would have been NO supplements saga at Essendon but there may have been other clubs involved. Remember 12 clubs ran supplement programs with virtually no governance or intervention. Think about them apples!!! DEAL OR NO DEAL???
Last edited by mdso on Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

desmondo
High Draft Pick
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by desmondo » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:38 pm

mdso wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:52 pm
The most important question which still remains unanswered - the AFL knew something was going on, people in a high places at the AFL knew about Shane Charters, Stephen Dank and Dean Robinson via a leak from the ACC so the AFL had a sniff "of something" in 2012. But; they remained silent about this.

The ASADA/WADA and the AFL were all aware before Essendon "supposedly" self reported in 2013. Remember; there were rumours floating around about the secret deals between the AFL and ASADA. However someone leaked information to the NRL about ASADA's deal with Essendon, the NRL were onto it like a shot and warned ASADA, shortly after the deal with Essendon, was withdrawn. People in high places at Essendon knew about this "leaked" information and the deal with ASADA's although, a lot of people at Essendon knew nothing. Zilch because Mum was the word. Shane Charters is belted up big time, his house trashed, car set on fire and his dog killed. He asks for protection from whom? H'm there are quite a few choices.

Staff had complained at Essendon to Management including the Essendon Doctor, Dr. Bruce Reid whose letter to the Board went missing, two Coaches and other staff, they were ignored and told to shut their mouths. Why didn't the complainers go to the AFL then? Who knows? Maybe they didn't trust those in high places? If they didn't it turns out they were right to be wary but they paid a high price for their mistakes for trusting others to do what was right. They didn't do what was right and acted in their own best interests and; were some rewarded for their loyalty.

WHY did the AFL allow Stephen Dank and Dean Robinson to work at Essendon? When it was already known there was involvement with banned substances at the Gold Coast Suns and players suspended or retired. WHY was this hushed up? Or, did the AFL have a deal with ASADA/WADA and was this deal part of what went down at Essendon? I AM JUST ASKING. If something was going on at the Melbourne Footy Club involving a player and both Robinson and Dank, was what was happening at the Melbourne footy club part of a deal with ASADA involving Essendon and its players? I AM JUST ASKING. The secrecy behind what happened is hidden in mysterious secrecy, followed up by threats and intimidation to keep anyone from talking. Remember Dr. Bruce Reid took the AFL to the Supreme Court. The AFL and Bruce settled on the steps. No one has followed through with any legal action against the AFL. That is because the AFL use a very big bag of dirty tricks and do everything within their power to ensure they back off. In this saga everyone has been bought off. Wondering if the death of someone in the future will open up a can of worms.

Ask yourself about this possibility, had the AFL intervened into what happened in 2012 with ACC and Shane Charters and his links to Dank and Robinson and their links with the Gold Coast Suns. Why did the AFL APPROVE Dank and Robinson to work at Essendon, without them there would have been NO supplements saga. Think about them apples!!! DEAL OR NO DEAL???
Gimps to go down in the history of BT as the creator of the highest discussed topic ever...

A good write mdso, I can`t believe the AFL has escaped any scrutiny or investigation, and/or punishments to certain individuals, by any power. ARE THEY UNTOUCHABLE??, and if so WHY and HOW???. We all know they couldn`t or wouldn`t sanction in anyway their 'love child' of a club Gold Coast. Melbourne were also strugglers at that stage and they couldn`t be seen to be kicking a team when they were down, as they seem to want ALL clubs to be successful (more money for them through bums on seats). But us, we were already successful and rich and powerful. Enter Fatpatrick (a sworn Essendon hater for MANY years), that clown gilligan, (the smiling assasin), Clothier and other assorted idiots. We never stood a chance.

Can you tell me how the AFL and Bruce 'settled on the steps'?. I thought Bruce was still 'somehere', fighting for the cause, although I sure wouldn`t blame him for just saying f*** it and trying to enjoy his older years in peace and quiet.

The AFL haven`t bought US off yet mdso...maybe the cheque`s in the mail :lol:

If it going to take the death of some-one to actually get the truth out there then I hope it`s soon, I`d like to live to see it. :-"

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 803
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by Windy Hille » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:53 pm

desmondo wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:38 pm
mdso wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:52 pm
The most important question which still remains unanswered - the AFL knew something was going on, people in a high places at the AFL knew about Shane Charters, Stephen Dank and Dean Robinson via a leak from the ACC so the AFL had a sniff "of something" in 2012. But; they remained silent about this.

The ASADA/WADA and the AFL were all aware before Essendon "supposedly" self reported in 2013. Remember; there were rumours floating around about the secret deals between the AFL and ASADA. However someone leaked information to the NRL about ASADA's deal with Essendon, the NRL were onto it like a shot and warned ASADA, shortly after the deal with Essendon, was withdrawn. People in high places at Essendon knew about this "leaked" information and the deal with ASADA's although, a lot of people at Essendon knew nothing. Zilch because Mum was the word. Shane Charters is belted up big time, his house trashed, car set on fire and his dog killed. He asks for protection from whom? H'm there are quite a few choices.

Staff had complained at Essendon to Management including the Essendon Doctor, Dr. Bruce Reid whose letter to the Board went missing, two Coaches and other staff, they were ignored and told to shut their mouths. Why didn't the complainers go to the AFL then? Who knows? Maybe they didn't trust those in high places? If they didn't it turns out they were right to be wary but they paid a high price for their mistakes for trusting others to do what was right. They didn't do what was right and acted in their own best interests and; were some rewarded for their loyalty.

WHY did the AFL allow Stephen Dank and Dean Robinson to work at Essendon? When it was already known there was involvement with banned substances at the Gold Coast Suns and players suspended or retired. WHY was this hushed up? Or, did the AFL have a deal with ASADA/WADA and was this deal part of what went down at Essendon? I AM JUST ASKING. If something was going on at the Melbourne Footy Club involving a player and both Robinson and Dank, was what was happening at the Melbourne footy club part of a deal with ASADA involving Essendon and its players? I AM JUST ASKING. The secrecy behind what happened is hidden in mysterious secrecy, followed up by threats and intimidation to keep anyone from talking. Remember Dr. Bruce Reid took the AFL to the Supreme Court. The AFL and Bruce settled on the steps. No one has followed through with any legal action against the AFL. That is because the AFL use a very big bag of dirty tricks and do everything within their power to ensure they back off. In this saga everyone has been bought off. Wondering if the death of someone in the future will open up a can of worms.

Ask yourself about this possibility, had the AFL intervened into what happened in 2012 with ACC and Shane Charters and his links to Dank and Robinson and their links with the Gold Coast Suns. Why did the AFL APPROVE Dank and Robinson to work at Essendon, without them there would have been NO supplements saga. Think about them apples!!! DEAL OR NO DEAL???
Gimps to go down in the history of BT as the creator of the highest discussed topic ever...

A good write mdso, I can`t believe the AFL has escaped any scrutiny or investigation, and/or punishments to certain individuals, by any power. ARE THEY UNTOUCHABLE??, and if so WHY and HOW???. We all know they couldn`t or wouldn`t sanction in anyway their 'love child' of a club Gold Coast. Melbourne were also strugglers at that stage and they couldn`t be seen to be kicking a team when they were down, as they seem to want ALL clubs to be successful (more money for them through bums on seats). But us, we were already successful and rich and powerful. Enter Fatpatrick (a sworn Essendon hater for MANY years), that clown gilligan, (the smiling assasin), Clothier and other assorted idiots. We never stood a chance.

Can you tell me how the AFL and Bruce 'settled on the steps'?. I thought Bruce was still 'somehere', fighting for the cause, although I sure wouldn`t blame him for just saying f*** it and trying to enjoy his older years in peace and quiet.

The AFL haven`t bought US off yet mdso...maybe the cheque`s in the mail :lol:

If it going to take the death of some-one to actually get the truth out there then I hope it`s soon, I`d like to live to see it. :-"
Geez, you two have really brought back dark memories. I think Bruce covered all of that in his postings and tried to uncover and expose the truth. He spent heaps on FOO’s and challenging the authorities to investigate the AFL. Where has he gone?

mdso
Club Captain
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:55 am
Location: Merimbula, Far South Coast of N.SW.

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by mdso » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:01 am

To answer your question about the AFL and Bruce settling on the steps of the Supreme Court; that was Dr. Bruce Reid. Fortunately Bruce won, because the AMA would have stopped him from practicing medicine. Never doubt the friends and connections of friends of the AFL in high places.

I think Robert Lovett Murray aka as NatRat, a former Essendon player was/is taking the AFL to court. It may have been settled by now. The AFL's usual form is to buy people off and shut them up with a "no talky agreement." Or, if that doesn't work they intimidate and threaten to block supply of work within footy and elsewhere until they cave in. That usually does work and it all fades away into oblivion.

Bruce Francis has not given up and he has paid for it all himself. He is taking a different tack with enquiries in his fight for justice for the Essendon 34. He is now going on through FOI's and Government Departments and ASADA but nothing has come of it as this stage. ASADA simply refuses to release documents and no one can make them not even the Australian Government. They truly are, a law unto themselves. The Government have not budged from their former position which is not even reading the material and saying they can't do anything without new evidence. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Yes, they are virtually untouchable. All of them the AFL, ASADA/WADA and the Government, they are more bent than a bunch of over ripe
Queensland bannanas.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7809
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by grassy1 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:19 am

Is there any floppy,decaying weakness in that bunch though,Windy? 8)

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25182
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: f*** off..c***

Post by BenDoolan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:25 am

mdso wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:01 am
To answer your question about the AFL and Bruce settling on the steps of the Supreme Court; that was Dr. Bruce Reid. Fortunately Bruce won, because the AMA would have stopped him from practicing medicine. Never doubt the friends and connections of friends of the AFL in high places.

I think Robert Lovett Murray aka as NatRat, a former Essendon player was/is taking the AFL to court. It may have been settled by now. The AFL's usual form is to buy people off and shut them up with a "no talky agreement." Or, if that doesn't work they intimidate and threaten to block supply of work within footy and elsewhere until they cave in. That usually does work and it all fades away into oblivion.

Bruce Francis has not given up and he has paid for it all himself. He is taking a different tack with enquiries in his fight for justice for the Essendon 34. He is now going on through FOI's and Government Departments and ASADA but nothing has come of it as this stage. ASADA simply refuses to release documents and no one can make them not even the Australian Government. They truly are, a law unto themselves. The Government have not budged from their former position which is not even reading the material and saying they can't do anything without new evidence. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Yes, they are virtually untouchable. All of them the AFL, ASADA/WADA and the Government, they are more bent than a bunch of over ripe
Queensland bannanas.
This is why I want the AFL to implode. I don’t give a shit if the entire competition collapses because of it. I really don’t. I want all those who were involved in this mess, to get what’s coming to them. Misery for the rest of their lives.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Post Reply