Dank Bank

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Dank Bank

Post by Gimps »

He'll be able to open one if the story is true, and he succeeds..

Apparently suing various media outlets for deformation. $10 million.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: Dank Bank

Post by robrulz5 »

Hope he wins.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

There are 5 people in this case going for the media so it's not just Dank
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Dank on the 7:30 report Monday night.

Mandatory viewing
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Choppy
Top Up Player

Post by Choppy »

I agree with him. Most of the media outlets are deformed into hideous manifestations.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Sweet! I think he has decent chance. The media have effectively destroyed his career.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

He's clearly got the worst lawyers in the world.
The statement is written ENTIRELY IN CAPITAL LETTERS .... and says he is suing 'the media'. The entire media? I think you need to pick someone to sue first mate.
And then they pick this number of $10 million out of thin air. I think a magistrate or judge decides what you get pal.
f****** hell.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Post by JockStraps »

Ossie wrote:He's clearly got the worst lawyers in the world.
The statement is written ENTIRELY IN CAPITAL LETTERS .... and says he is suing 'the media'. The entire media? I think you need to pick someone to sue first mate.
And then they pick this number of $10 million out of thin air. I think a magistrate or judge decides what you get pal.
f****** hell.

Not sure on the law but I believe he can claim for direct losses caused by the defamation - a judge can then also award punitive damages at his/her discretions if deemed appropriate
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I hope this bloke is telling the truth.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Yep, hope he is telling the truth:

Were coaches players aware? Yes, as per the consent form and ongoing discussions with coaches/players/club doc.
Was anything illegal given? No, all within drug codes.

Coaches apparently taking supplements, but WADA/ASADA doesn't apply to them so don't care.

7.30 report did a good job of making Essendon the bad guy.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Don't you just love the way the media deals in half-truths and deliberately misconstrues statements to suit their agenda?
Kevin Bartlett is a task master at this.

The 7.30 Report cast aspersions on the entire (supplementation) program as if it was underhand, secretive and illegal - when the interviewee (Danks) was adamant that everthing was above-board, legal, known and explained thoroughly.
If he is correct - then no case to answer.

The fact that there has beeen an ACC Report has given the cause for concern - not the fact that the EFC Coaches and players from Hird down - all believed what they were doing was O.K.

The concern is over whether the program did go beyond what was legal - not that we had the program in place in the first instance. The program itself now seems to be the avenue of attack. EFC had a supplementation program around recovery - therefore they are drug cheats.

No different to what Hawthorn, for example, was celebrated over, for getting Brent Guerra on the park throughout the 2nd half of last year.
Last edited by hop on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Post by JockStraps »

I have to say, unless Dank is thev world's best liar, this has been the biggest storm in a teacup in recorded history!!!!!
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

After hearing a really credible Steve Danks on the 7:30 report, it seems to me that unless the authorities can get someone to provide actual proof that illegal supplements were knowingly or unknowingly supplied to our players, what case do we have to answer to.

Nobody denies that there was a program as there is no doubt with every AFL club, but where is the smoking gun??

Nobody has tested positive.

Danks maintains that officials and players were constantly informed about the program. He also mention an electronic register which logged everything that was administered. That could make interesting reading.

And where the hell is Doc. Reid. Danks said that he was across all of this and his comments are vital to our cause. And Bomber for that matter.

In fact, what case do we have to answer for??

Just finally, did anyone listen to Jon Faine this morning. It appears that Gerard Whateley was asked about Caro's vindictive attack on the EFC. He said something to the effect that Caro had it in for Essendon from way back which explains a few things. I would love to know what was actually said.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

ABC tonight...less than 18 minutes.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-11/f ... .svl=news0

I heard Whateley thru a slow awakening. I only remember thinking he thought EFC was in HUGE trouble.

Faine spoke to Gordon from the doggies, discussing player litigation if they were suspended over this whilst doing as they were told by the club.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

He is either the best liar man has witnessed or we are absolutely fine
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

I'm sure someone will tell me so if I've got this wrong.......

But, isn't the issue for EFC apparently that while the substances we've used may be legal, the method of administering them may not have been legal?
i.e. you can use drug X if taken orally, but not by injection - something like that.

So, IF that's the case, I'd love to know EXACTLY what has been said by Danks (and others), because if all they said is EFC didn't take anything illegal, then that still leaves the door open that we administered the drugs illegally (and permits Danks etc to say what they say and not be lying)

OK, go for it...shoot me down :)
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

nudder12 wrote:I'm sure someone will tell me so if I've got this wrong.......

But, isn't the issue for EFC apparently that while the substances we've used may be legal, the method of administering them may not have been legal?
i.e. you can use drug X if taken orally, but not by injection - something like that.

So, IF that's the case, I'd love to know EXACTLY what has been said by Danks (and others), because if all they said is EFC didn't take anything illegal, then that still leaves the door open that we administered the drugs illegally (and permits Danks etc to say what they say and not be lying)

Your opinion has merit on this occasion.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Love how the news break announces "Former Essendon sports scientist, Stephen Dank, says the Essendon hierarchy knew of his program...." and not "Former Essendon sports scientist, Stephen Dank, denies injecting players with illegal supplements".

Not only have I stopped buying toilet papers (newspapers), I think I'm also going to stop watching and listening to mainstream "news". It is totally f*****.
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

nudder12 wrote:I'm sure someone will tell me so if I've got this wrong.......

Correct.

They didn't address that in the 7.30 report. And they should have.
Essendunny
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

I'm more confused than ever.

Dank says he didn't give us any banned substances, and didn't administer anything illegally.
The players and coaches were fully aware of the program (because it was only legal substances?)
McLachlan says the AFL are unaware of ANY AFL players that are of concern in regards to banned substances coming into the 2013 season (did I hear that right?!)

So why the f*** is this even a story?

Do you reckon the 730 report could deliberately confuse the terms "supplements" and "banned substances" any more if they tried? What a f****** joke. How hard is is to be a journalist? I reckon I might have a degree in it already (I know how to type, and ask questions).

Also, does anyone have any word on the club meeting this arvo which involved player parents?