Changes for Geelong

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Changes for Geelong

Post by robbie67 »

In: Heppell, Winderlich, Fletcher, Carlisle, Hurley, Ryder.

Out: Stanton, Pears, Jetta, Hardingham, Hille, Gumby.

Gumby desperately unlucky, but we just cant go that tall in a night game at the MCG.
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Re: Changes for Geelong

Post by JockStraps »

Agree

Hardingham also a little unlucky - thought h was good today

All good ins though - only issue is match fitness but you would hope to think Ryder has been doing the hard yards at training

We may need some pace in the team and it would be worth seeing how Kav goes this week in the 2's
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Just figured out we are playing Geelong at Etihad. Maybe we could play Gumby........still leaning to not though. Would rather have the extra run.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I'm leaning towards Gumby in, Melksham out. Agree with all the others. Tough decision though.
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

No arguments here...
Gumby and Hardingham unlucky, but the inclusions pretty much pick themselves right now...
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

robbie67 wrote:In: Heppell, Winderlich, Fletcher, Carlisle, Hurley, Ryder.

Gumby desperately unlucky, but we just cant go that tall in a night game at the MCG.
It's at Ethihad , but we still can't go that tall, Geelong will murder us on the rebound.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

robbie67 wrote:Just figured out we are playing Geelong at Etihad. Maybe we could play Gumby........still leaning to not though. Would rather have the extra run.
Why don't we play 22 talls then? Sook, sook, sook.

Changed your tune.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

If only we had 22 NLM's. We could play all of them. How is that big year of his coming along Gimpa?
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

robbie67 wrote:If only we had 22 NLM's. We could play all of them. How is that big year of his coming along Gimpa?
Sorry, how many talls will be in the forward line?
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Yep i reckon you are on the money. Id lean towards resting Merrett for a week too but that would be too many changes.
bomber88
Top Up Player

Post by bomber88 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:

Yep i reckon you are on the money. Id lean towards resting Merrett for a week too but that would be too many changes.
Hardingham been solid the last two weeks. Pears is finished might as well terminate his contact now.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

bomber88 wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:

Hardingham been solid the last two weeks. Pears is finished might as well terminate his contact now.
Wow thats harsh. Pears still has some sort of upside, we know he is very capable of playing some very good footy. There is still time for him to get back to that form. Having said that he should still be dropped this week.

Out : Melksham, Pears, Hille, Stanton, Jetta.
In: Fletcher, Heppell, Carlisle, Hurley, Ryder.

I don't mind having a tall team against the Cats, at least it will force Harry Taylor to play back. If it's not working Gumby can be subbed off.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

I think the club has to be careful that we don't go in too tall...

For mine, I tend to agree that if all are fit, then Fletch, Hurley, Ryder and Carlisle are guaranteed ins, however, if that is the case, then Hardingham and/or Hooker will get dropped as well as Pears...

If Stanton doesn't pull through, Heppell will be a straight swap (not necessarily like for like, but certainly quality for quality...) and this IMHO would save Jetta..

Therefore, assuming fitness:
Ins:
Fletch, Hurls, Paddy, Buckets & Hep
Outs:
Pears, Hille, Hooker, Merrett, Stanton

Only change to this IMHO is if Stants does pull through, then I think Jetta will be gone...
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Crazyman wrote:I think the club has to be careful that we don't go in too tall...

For mine, I tend to agree that if all are fit, then Fletch, Hurley, Ryder and Carlisle are guaranteed ins, however, if that is the case, then Hardingham and/or Hooker will get dropped as well as Pears...

If Stanton doesn't pull through, Heppell will be a straight swap (not necessarily like for like, but certainly quality for quality...) and this IMHO would save Jetta..

Ins:
Outs:

Only change to this IMHO is if Stants does pull through, then I think Jetta will be gone...
I take it you have just forgotten about Winderlich? Only place Jetta should be in front of Winderlich is to hold the door open for him.
bomber88
Top Up Player

Post by bomber88 »

ZeroEffect wrote:
bomber88 wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:

Wow thats harsh. Pears still has some sort of upside, we know he is very capable of playing some very good footy. There is still time for him to get back to that form. Having said that he should still be dropped this week.

Out : Melksham, Pears, Hille, Stanton, Jetta.
In: Fletcher, Heppell, Carlisle, Hurley, Ryder.

I don't mind having a tall team against the Cats, at least it will force Harry Taylor to play back. If it's not working Gumby can be subbed off.
upside with pears?? LOLO
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

robbie67 wrote:
Crazyman wrote:I think the club has to be careful that we don't go in too tall...

Ins:
Outs:

I take it you have just forgotten about Winderlich? Only place Jetta should be in front of Winderlich is to hold the door open for him.
Admittedly, yes I had forgotten about Winders and agree that he is well ahead of Jetta on any day, however, with all the changes that have been slated, I would hold him back for one more week...just an opinion...
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Crazyman wrote:
robbie67 wrote:

Ins:
Outs:

Would definitely play Licha. He has given us some real zip around the forward line and with Froggy firing, has become a viable second option when and if the ball hits the deck. Plus he is a goal scorer.

Admittedly, yes I had forgotten about Winders and agree that he is well ahead of Jetta on any day, however, with all the changes that have been slated, I would hold him back for one more week...just an opinion...
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

robbie67 wrote:Gumby desperately unlucky, but we just cant go that tall in a night game at the MCG.
robbie67 wrote:Just figured out we are playing Geelong at Etihad. Maybe we could play Gumby........still leaning to not though. Would rather have the extra run.
:D
I was going to make a smartarse comment. #-o
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:I'm leaning towards Gumby in, Melksham out. Agree with all the others. Tough decision though.
Me too. It's not as if Melksham actually provides any run. Plus anything to keep H Taylor more accountable.

And FWIW I don't think we'd be too tall with two tall forwards and two ruckmen.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
bomber88
Top Up Player

Post by bomber88 »

j-mac31 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:I'm leaning towards Gumby in, Melksham out. Agree with all the others. Tough decision though.
Me too. It's not as if Melksham actually provides any run. Plus anything to keep H Taylor more accountable.

And FWIW I don't think we'd be too tall with two tall forwards and two ruckmen.

Melksham good at guarding space thats about all.