Stanton

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Stanton

Post by robbie67 »

Once again a complete failure in a big game. His whole career he has been disappointing more often than not in this situation. Goddard must think he is still at StKilda, because that shit has always been acceptable there.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Re: Stanton

Post by tonysoprano »

f*** me you are a hard man Robbie.
Every bomber on the ground has been no better than putrid. Not sure why Stanton gets singled out.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Leadership required, he has gone missing. Again. Look at the game Watson is having after 3 weeks out.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I thought all the "outside" mids (Stanton, Goddard, Zaharakis) stank it up both last week and this week. Not sure why.
Those trying to cover for Jobe inside did ok (Heppell, Myers, Melksham) but not great.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

There's quite a few who have dropped their bundle. Carlisle has copped an absolute hiding the last 2 weeks. And he's been down for at least the last 4 weeks TBH. Michael Hibberd is nowhere near as effective as he used to be. Those two have been outstanding this season - AA form for sure. Their last few weeks may jeopardise that.

Howlett has been down on form and ultimately dropped. Goddard is playing with a fractured finger - and has been fumbling a bit. Zaharakis has been lousy the past couple of weeks.

As for Brent, did he play today?
Essendunny
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I didn't realise Goddard had a broken finger, but that is no excuse for letting your man run up the ground at will. Stanton was ordinary but he had five tackles to his name, Zaharakis had 0.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

You know you are struggling when Fev tweets about how lazy you are
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

bomberdonnie wrote:You know you are struggling when Fev tweets about how lazy you are
LOL, who did Fev tweet was lazy?
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

DC2 wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:You know you are struggling when Fev tweets about how lazy you are
LOL, who did Fev tweet was lazy?
Stanton

'Stanton give us a spell bud, stop calling for it in junk positions. Bomber boys don't give it to him when he screams for it. #spell'
Bomber2theend
Top Up Player

Post by Bomber2theend »

Hate it when Stanton is singled out. Everybody, except for Watson stank today, Im loathed to blame the coaching staff, but in the end they are the ones responsible for making the necessary adjustments. Basically we were playing the same game plan in the first quarter as we were in the last.
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Post by JockStraps »

questioning Stanton's effort.....lol
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

I'm far more concerned with Zaharakis' form. He is soft at the contest and unless our inside mids are playing well, he's hardly worth having on the field. It's a team game and you need many parts performing well for the team to function effectively, but Zaha really struggles when things aren't going our way. I'd be very surprised if he's ever been in our best in a losing team, particulary where the lossing margin has been > 5 goals.
Last edited by gringo on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I think senior players should be singled out more often when the whole team is shit, but I'm gringo in being more concerned about Zachariah.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

Stanton definitely not alone yesterday.

To me it looked like 22 players who had just found out that they would be stripped of premiership points by the end of August.
Here's to swimming with bow legged women...
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I agree with Fev. Far too often Stanton calls for the ball when he is in a position where he should be directing his teammate instead of calling for the ball.
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Post by JockStraps »

FMD. Stanton has for the most part, been supreme over the last 2 seasons. Sure, he has his flaws but honestly his good is seriously better than his bad.

Open for discussion but lets not fall into old habits of ripping the poor bugger to shreds on the back of some average form.

Apparently playing injured. As he did 3-4 weeks ago when he could barely walk but stayed on the ground to maintain rotations. That was a gutsy effort
mds
On the Rookie List

Post by mds »

Why scapegoat him. He certainly wasn't on his own. We had a very, very, bad day at the office.

Holding a candle to Jobe, is a very hard act to follow.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Connolly had a thing today about our drop offs at the end of seasons and this year and last, Stanton and Zachariah have both dropped away noticeably.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

JockStraps wrote:FMD. Stanton has for the most part, been supreme over the last 2 seasons. Sure, he has his flaws but honestly his good is seriously better than his bad.

Open for discussion but lets not fall into old habits of ripping the poor bugger to shreds on the back of some average form.

Apparently playing injured. As he did 3-4 weeks ago when he could barely walk but stayed on the ground to maintain rotations. That was a gutsy effort
Colour over the cracks all you like. His big game performances have been an issue his whole career. He doesn't dispose of the ball well under heat, and he has brain freezes where he runs to bad spaces. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. All in all, an above average footabeller who performs below his best on average in big games.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

robbie67 wrote: Colour over the cracks all you like. His big game performances have been an issue his whole career. He doesn't dispose of the ball well under heat, and he has brain freezes where he runs to bad spaces. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. All in all, an above average footabeller who performs below his best on average in big games.
I agree.

I know you've been on about this for a long time, but didn't you declare him all good after one good game against Carlton? :P