Thank f*** that's over

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Thank f*** that's over

Post by Crazyman »

I know there are a squillion other threads about everything relating to the program, but I just have to say it...

THANK f*** THAT'S OVER

Also, as frustrated as I am like everyone else, in the cold light of day, it was never going to end any other way...I think the club and Hird especially have conducted themselves with honour and dignity throughout the whole f****** saga (unlike those leaking sieves at AFL house and 90% of the f****** media whores that think it's ok to act as witness, prosecutor, judge, jury and executioner)

On the penalties, I think Hird and the club both swallowed a significant amount of pride to a) keep it out of the courts and b) prevent even harsher penalties from being handed down...

Finally, now we know where we stand, let's sit back and relax knowing we can be damn well prepared for next season AND that we beat those SCUMMY arseholes twice this year...
That said, f*** I hope Port smash their sorry arses and show them just what a rabble of a club and list they are and that either Norf or Brisvegas get up...
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Re: Thank f*** that's over

Post by paddyl90 »

Totally agree.

That's my biggest feeling of all I'm feeling.

The rest I won't forget but just have to move on....
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

If you think its over ... you're nuts

Wake me in 10 years time ... we might just be getting over it

But Soccer and competition Xbox will be filling the void by then

I really f****** hope that Vlad, the 17 presidents and the AFL media mark this down as the day the AFL shot its future in the ass ...

s'd
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

s'dreams wrote:If you think its over ... you're nuts

Wake me in 10 years time ... we might just be getting over it

But Soccer and competition Xbox will be filling the void by then

I really f****** hope that Vlad, the 17 presidents and the AFL media mark this down as the day the AFL shot its future in the ass ...

s'd
I know what you're saying and yes, the fallout will continue for some time, but I agree with the club in that it is now time to build that bridge, get over it and move on.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I feel like Essendon fans are in two camps... those who continue to support and those that don't. Membership numbers next year will be interesting.

I am relieved the worst of it is over. AFL got what they want so I feel like the rest will be swept under the carpet, unless we do something else to upset them.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
patoman
On the Rookie List

Post by patoman »

f***** oath!!!
Shit end to a great on field season!!
But now that we know what the sanctions are we can
concentrate on the work we need to do to get us
back up off the canvas and rebuild our great club!
No more opening the paper or turning on the tv
every day to this rubbish! The endless bagging by
opposition supporters will continue for a while yet
But they can go get f*****!!!
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Well for those who want to tear up their memberships with their high mark packs with the best seats in the house - there is an army of Essendon supporters that will be willing to take up memberships and take the opportunity to show their support for the club.

You dont abandon you club because we have gone through a some shit. This is the time to step up and show your loyalty. What you all of sudden dont like footy ? Perhaps you guys willing to throw the club and Hird under a bus might think about following an another club or code.

I have supported the Essendon Football Club all my life and always will. I have so many fond memories over years of support and membership. This club has given me great joy over my 50 years and I will never abandon it.

We will get over the pain of all this. In life mistakes are made and its how you deal with these mistakes that shows the mark of a person or an organisation. Do you crumple and say its all too hard. No you fight.

Do you want our club to become a charity case like North and Footscray ? Essendon have and always will be a strong club with loyal supporters. I am shocked that anyone is considering abandoning our great club at it greatest time of need.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Its only just begun.

There is the asada final report.
Possible player bannings.
Coaching vacancy to fill.
Court cases against the club.

Oh and we will be put back years by not being able to pick decent players over the next two years.

Not to mention the continual bagging from opposition supporters. The club is stained. Either by the facts or a determined afl to set an example. I would say some of both.

You cannot say you do not know on one hand and claim no peds on the other. Its a simple cop out if Dank rolls.

Oh and wait until the government has a go at us.
LadyX
Top Up Player

Post by LadyX »

I am relieved its all over now , even though I don't agree with what has happened, I am not going to read anymore in the newspapers about it or on the TV, need a break from it all, am sick to death of reading half truths in the media, I will still support James Hird and the Bombers next year, but as for the rest of this year its all over for me. I am surprised how I actually feel about the whole mess.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Yea, time to move on to next year. I hear there may be some good news with more signings. Let's hope. We need to keep the young group together now that we won't get the picks in the draft.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I am far from relieved. Regardless of what we were threatened with, we should have fought this.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

It's over?

There's a little matter of 13 players facing bans. They are not in the clear. There is some shit happening in the background which disturbs me. No declaration that AOD-9604 was ok to use at the time, only clear statements from both ASADA and AFL that it IS a banned substance.
Essendunny
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

BenDoolan wrote:It's over?

There's a little matter of 13 players facing bans. They are not in the clear. There is some shit happening in the background which disturbs me. No declaration that AOD-9604 was ok to use at the time, only clear statements from both ASADA and AFL that it IS a banned substance.
Yep and of those 13 it includes our skipper. In his brownlow medal winning year.

Its not going to be over until asada has had its go. And f@#k me they are taking their sweet time with it. No club in thwir right mind would cooperate with those fools.

Cronulla meanwhile up in Sydney will be playing finals.

Seriously poor handling of this whole situation by the AFL. Should not have leaked to fairfax. Should have waited to a final asada report. Theb ahould have gone bang with penalties. I can only think its in our interest. The wolves got what they wanted.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Yes Ben you are correct but my friend did you know 4 other clubs are in the same boat? Dont believe me just watch and see...Underground investigation. You Honestly think we were alone in this?
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

This has been going on for years.way back to 90s with Weagles.Any laws broken No but every club always looking for an edge over the others...This is now over for us...I sincerely hope I am wrong about the other 4.I would hate to see others go through what we have been through but much worse...Danks is the key.Will he be unlocked? Hmmmmm
Bomber2theend
Top Up Player

Post by Bomber2theend »

IMO, I don't think that the loss of draft picks will hurt us to much. We are basically losing picks around 12 and 30, in a draft I'v read wont be as strong as previous years. Many are referring to the disaster Carlton had, but they lost 1st and 2nd picks and were on the bottom of the ladder at the time. We still are eligible to get Free agents and trade for early draft picks .
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

BenDoolan wrote:It's over?

Agree with this.

Still confused though with the status of AOD. As per the AFL Statement that they consider AOD to be a banned substance, where does that leave Jobe who publicly admitted to taking it?

Still more questions than answers at this stage in this whole f**ked up affair. Get the feeling the AFL has dealt with what they needed to prior to the finals and the rest will come in the off season so it doesn't take away from September action...
Here's to swimming with bow legged women...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

stryper wrote:Yes Ben you are correct but my friend did you know 4 other clubs are in the same boat? Dont believe me just watch and see...Underground investigation. You Honestly think we were alone in this?
I don't care about other clubs. Our club has been exposed on a grand scale and many people have been betrayed - players, families, sponsors, members, supporters etc. Regardless of banned substances, there is a concern over the health & wellbeing of those who were subjected to this shit. It was stated some time ago (and now realise the truth in it), that lab rats are better looked after than our players were. That is despicable.

I know there are many supporters who will follow our club regardless. They will rock up and buy their memberships no matter what sins the club has committed. They won't question anything, and they will sit there clapping everyone and wave their flags. Good on them. However, if everyone did that regardless of what has happened, then the club is doomed. The club needs to be criticised and challenged by the members for the decisions it has made. Otherwise, nothing changes. I am gobsmacked that the club is supporting someone like Danny Corcoran. This bloke has been responsible or part responsible for the two biggest scandals in the club's history. How can the club sit there today and say "we put our support behind Danny Corcoran"? It has got me f*****.

I will be writing a letter to the Essenfon Football Club. I demand an answer to why that bloke will remain on the payroll. I want to know why (dependant upon my membership renewal) I should put my money towards his wage. It's about time this club gives something back to its members. Like, answers for a start. Or the courtesy to respond to requests. I'm still waiting for a reply from James Hird for special request on behalf of my 12 year old daughter from September last year. I know he obviously had a lot on his plate, but a simple "sorry mate, too busy" would have been fine. Nothing.

Well, I'm going to start hammering them until I get a response. They have taken my money for decades and I want to be acknowledged that I exist. And not by an automated, computerised email, but a fairdinkum response from a direct letter.

I am f****** furious. And I won't accept mediocrity of performance, reprehensible behaviour, or scant treatment as a member.
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

stryper wrote:Yes Ben you are correct but my friend did you know 4 other clubs are in the same boat? Dont believe me just watch and see...Underground investigation. You Honestly think we were alone in this?
While I am not disputing your intel nor impunigning your sources ... frankly there has been too much "insider hinting" and chinese whispers on this mess in this, the 4th estate and other forums ... and too many insiders have just got it plain wrong or have been as cryptic as a astrologer (or the I Ching) so facts have been twisted and unconnected dots joined to fit the elusive "inside source" ... lets just deal with it or react when or if it happens.

s'd
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Its basically over.

ASADA can't recommend the AFL issue infractions as we will commence proceedings which will reveal the nature of ASADA's misleading advice.

WADA have never overruled a decision made by a national anti-doping body unless there has been a positive test.

Unless Dank provides some information that TB4 was taken (and why would he, he'd only be implicating himself), the players are clear.