Hille and NatRat retire

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Hille and NatRat retire

Post by Gossy7 »

Hilley and NatRat announced their retirement today.

Farewell game is this week.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Re: Hille and NatRat retire

Post by Gimps »

I knew this day would come, and I prepared for it. But I'm still a mess. I love David Hille, but my old mate Disco, what can I say? Legend.

Ode to Disco to coming soon.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

I heard Hille got suspended in the VFL last week? No idea if its true.
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

=D> Both great clubmen. Thanks guys.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Gyoza wrote:I heard Hille got suspended in the VFL last week? No idea if its true.
Got off on appeal i'm pretty sure.
patoman
On the Rookie List

Post by patoman »

Big Dave has been a great servant for the club
He was the best ruck man in the afl for a number
of years when we didn't have a good enough team
to support him. Wish him all the best for the future!

NatRat has always attracted his FAIR share of criticism
from bomber fans and yeah he has frustrated me at
times but I also say he has played some fantastic games
for the club and has ALWAYS given his all for the club.
He was always used as a bit of a utility player and as
such even when he kind of established himself
across half back he was still regularly thrown forward
or into the middle and never really nailed a position as
his own... He was awesome in the sub role as he made
an impact on the game almost every time.
And he's been a credit to his community ;)
Thank you and good luck to both of these fantastic
servants of the essendon football club
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Hille needs to be talked into going around again. He's still in top half of ruckman in the country. He's hanging up the boots too early for my liking. I guess it's less important now that we've signed TBC though. Silly decision that one. He's been a great servant of the club. Shame he never played in a premiership.

Disco has always been a favourite of mine. We are still a soft outfit and the physical presence that Disco brings has always been most welcome. I wonder if his glove work is up to a standard such that he could embark on a Mundine like career (minus the stupidity). I'd like to see him and Melksham have a spar. Would be a bit going on I reckon.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
patoman
On the Rookie List

Post by patoman »

Has tbc been signed? I thought it was still 50/50
As to weather he'd sign?
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

FINALLY NLM. Only eight years overdue.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Gringo, Kommer seems likes the physical side of the game and isnt shy about applying some bone crunching bumps when necessary.

Well done to both David Hille and Nathan Lovett-Murray. They have been good and loyal players for our club and I wish them all the best in their future endeavours.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Always sad when servants of the club retire :( Sad but not surprising these two have called it a day! I think a lot of AfL ppl forget Hille is a best & fairest winner & was one if the best ruckman in his prime! Loved the way Natrat went about his footy too! A great effort from a player coming off the rookie list!

I wish them all the best in their future endeavours! Maybe Hille will stick around with our VFl team??
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

MH_Bomber wrote:Gringo, Kommer seems likes the physical side of the game and isnt shy about applying some bone crunching bumps when necessary.

Well done to both David Hille and Nathan Lovett-Murray. They have been good and loyal players for our club and I wish them all the best in their future endeavours.
Yeah I like the way Kommer goes about it. He was pick 73 in the draft. Granted he is a mature age player but lossing our first and second round picks for two years doesn't necessarily mean we won't get good new bloody through the club during that period.

I remember the days when Hille was a favourite whipping boy of Essendon fans, myself included. He had a stellar career though whilst playing in some very mediocre teams.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Congrats and thanks to both for their contribution to the club over the years... right time for them bth to go though

Hille - who suffered at the end of the Sheedy era - and never recovered ... Could have had a Cox or Brogan like career ... ah well ... he is a great clubman, played some great footy at times and has been a strong advocate for road safety initiatives...

Likewise NatRat, seemingly found his niche with the supersub, but off field matters got in the way of his farewell year...

Announcements of retirerments at this time seems to indicate the Doreto and recruiters have a cunning plan or two though (and not just elevation of rookies)

s'd
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

gringo wrote:Hille needs to be talked into going around again. He's still in top half of ruckman in the country. He's hanging up the boots too early for my liking.
He's far too slow to have any impact on games now.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

gringo wrote:Hille needs to be talked into going around again. He's still in top half of ruckman in the country. He's hanging up the boots too early for my liking. I guess it's less important now that we've signed TBC though. Silly decision that one. He's been a great servant of the club. Shame he never played in a premiership.
Hille had to have his arm twisted by Hird to play on THIS year. This was always going to be it for him.
As the closest thing I've ever had to a mate who played footy (he was the year below me at school) I am really happy for him that he has had such a fantastic career. Crichton Medal winner, club captain, 197 games. Take a bow Hilley. =D>
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Great career from David Hille, got everything out of himself, and was a far better player than Josh Fraser who got taken at 1, in the draft Hille got taken at 40? I think? Great servant of the club.

NLM. We served him very well, and he was great for his community.
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

robbie67 wrote:Great career from David Hille, got everything out of himself, and was a far better player than Josh Fraser who got taken at 1, in the draft Hille got taken at 40? I think? Great servant of the club.

NLM. We served him very well, and he was great for his community.
Community yes Essendon Football Club HELLL NO