Is the Jim tide turning on his returning?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Is the Jim tide turning on his returning?

Post by Daisy..1 »

Not sure how many of you read the comments after EFC posted the article "Mark Thompson supports James Hird's return to the Club" on Facebook late yesterday afternoon? I must say i was pretty shocked and devistated to read literally hundreds of these postings about how James should "piss off" and "never return" from our so called supporters. After spending most of last night reading over the posts, it seems alarmingly clear that there are alot more "supporters" wanting Bomber to stay and for James to never return. I would say it was 75% for Bomber...thats coming from hundreds of comments. Media posion is getting to many now it seems....
Image]
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Re: Is the Jim tide turning on his returning?

Post by tonysoprano »

Do we know if they are real bomber fans or Caro 's army of flogs?
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Daisy I wouldn't read anything on Facebook and take it as a reflection of the wider population.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Same "supporters" would have been calling for bombers head if we weren't winning. A lot of them would also be trolls from other clubs.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Don't be fooled by wolves in sheep's clothing.

If Carlton were in the same predicament, I would also reply to such articles (as a "Blues fan") to savage whoever was in the seat. It's easy to do. It's obvious.
Essendunny
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

..well i hope that it was just me then being sucked in and its not a true reflection. I could not believe some of the things that were being written!! Hindsight is a wonderful thing......no doubting Bomber is a great coach...let's just see how we go Friday night against quilty oppositon, should tell us everything we need to know.
Image]
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Agree with above comments but would also add that it doesn't matter what way the tide turns anyway providing the club is resolute in doing what is best for the club and its members.

The media rubbish will disappear. If there's one thing that has been proven time and time again, their memories are extremely short and they're very simple people (much like Facebook trolls).
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

I can't say I'm thrilled by the prospect of Hird coming back to coach the group. However, I don't currently have a clear understanding of the events that have transpired, and what Hird's role was in those events.

The facts we know that are certain, however, are these:

1. It is uncertain what drugs players were given, and by what means. The absence of proper medical records will almost certainly ensure that this remains the case.

2. Hird was aware that Dr Reid was uncomfortable with practices occurring at the club as early as January 2012 regarding the use of supplements.

3. Hird was the coach of the EFC during the period which the problematic supplements program was implemented.

4. Essendon players face possible bans and have suffered considerably already.

In light of the above, I'm not comfortable with the prospect of Hird returning as coach as matters currently stand.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

gringo wrote:I can't say I'm thrilled by the prospect of Hird coming back to coach the group. However, I don't currently have a clear understanding of the events that have transpired, and what Hird's role was in those events.

1. It is uncertain what drugs players were given, and by what means. The absence of proper medical records will almost certainly ensure that this remains the case.

2. Hird was aware that Dr Reid was uncomfortable with practices occurring at the club as early as January 2012 regarding the use of supplements.

3. Hird was the coach of the EFC during the period which the problematic supplements program was implemented.

In light of the above, I'm not comfortable with the prospect of Hird returning as coach as matters currently stand.
Fact 1 is a furphy.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

gringo wrote:I can't say I'm thrilled by the prospect of Hird coming back to coach the group. However, I don't currently have a clear understanding of the events that have transpired, and what Hird's role was in those events.

Does it then follow that you want a clean sweep of every person of responsibility that was at the club at the time this took place?
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Gyoza wrote:

Does it then follow that you want a clean sweep of every person of responsibility that was at the club at the time this took place?
No.

Any more questions?
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Can categorically state that every single player wants Hirdy back coaching next season.

They love Bomber and want him to hang around, but this has always been about the players, and I can assure you that they all want him back.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

gringo wrote:
Gyoza wrote:

No.

Any more questions?
haha no that's about it. I just think that if your answer is no, you're placing too much onus on the senior coach for being responsible for the entire club, when everything that I've seen and read over the last 10 years points to that not being the way things work at all any more.

Specifically I can't see how you could be against Hird returning but be okay with Mark Thompson staying on.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Gossy7 wrote:Can categorically state that every single player wants Hirdy back coaching next season.

They love Bomber and want him to hang around, but this has always been about the players, and I can assure you that they all want him back.
In the end I think that's what people's disappointment with Hirdy not coming back more actively in Round 23 boils down to. The players would have been happy, hopefully Hirdy would have been in there for the song after the game, and EFC would have been seen to have a real positive and a bit of a win. Keeping that on ice until next year takes that away from the fans for another 6 months.

What would make that a non-factor mind you is a couple of good finals wins :wink: :lol:
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Gyoza wrote:
gringo wrote:
Gyoza wrote:

No.

Any more questions?
haha no that's about it. I just think that if your answer is no, you're placing too much onus on the senior coach for being responsible for the entire club, when everything that I've seen and read over the last 10 years points to that not being the way things work at all any more.

Specifically I can't see how you could be against Hird returning but be okay with Mark Thompson staying on.
See the above in bold. That is why I said "However, I don't currently have a clear understanding of the events that have transpired, and what Hird's role was in those events."

My views are merely based on the fact that Hird was the senior coach. Thompson was not the senior coach during the relevant period.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Gyoza wrote:
gringo wrote:
Gyoza wrote:

No.

Any more questions?

See the above in bold. That is why I said "However, I don't currently have a clear understanding of the events that have transpired, and what Hird's role was in those events."

My views are merely based on the fact that Hird was the senior coach. Thompson was not the senior coach during the relevant period.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Fair weather supporters with glazed eyes at the prospect of playing finals.

There was not much support for Bomber earlier this year when we lost 5 out of six.

I look forward to attending Hirdy's first training session as well as letting the media know first hand what I think of them.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Gossy7 wrote:Can categorically state that every single player wants Hirdy back coaching next season.

Awesome. That should be all that matters.

Any chance you could tell this to a non-c***, non-Robbo (compromised) journo?
Last edited by j-mac31 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

gringo wrote:
Gyoza wrote:
gringo wrote:
Gyoza wrote:

No.

Any more questions?

Hird has some responsibility, but as the coach was not (or should not have been) in charge of hiring people, setting up programs and overseeing those programs. Ultimate responsibility for these lies with the CEO, who f***** off.

Also, regardless of hoe responsible you think he is, he's been strongly punished for it. That should be the end of it unless and until any player is suspended.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

If Hirdy is cleared by ASADA then I think he will be supported by all to return.

He had a better win loss record last year, he is a coach of the future.

Bomber of course its his team this year, and I think thats always been the plan.