All my posts in one !

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

All my posts in one !

Post by hillchaser »

I haven't posted on this board since the move but wanted to get a few thoughts on the record before the season starts.

Firslty we are are vastly different team from last year in terms of our depth and flexibility. If Mal Michael can stay fit he fwill ree up fletcher to attack from HB like we were doing in 2000. The whole backline structure will be much more flexible. Same up forward with the edition of CJ (and the return of Lloyd).. now Lloyd and Lucas and hird will stretch any defence.. Lucas can play geniune CHF. This will force the other teams to help out and zone off a bit more .. which will free up our small forwards for some action as well.

Our new draftees look really good... Pev , Hef , Welsh and Bolton must perform ! This won't be popular but I think Dyson needs to show a bit as well ..

I hope I'm wrong ... but I just can't shake the feeling that we should have picked up Hanson... I hope Gumby can live up to the expectations of a number 2 pick.

The best thing about our team is that we actually have some talent and can win outright a few positions on the ground. Over the past few years we just haven't had the talent or depth and so we had to play this zoning off defence.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Gumby will probably go ok but I'm not too concerned. From what I've heard and read about Jetta, Hislop, Houli and Davey, even if our #2 pick flops we'll have done pretty well out of this draft. Personally I'm stoked that the club isn't saying much about Gumbles so far... might help to douse expectations. Imagine being Captain Gibbs or Hansen.

This season? Remains to be seen, but we need dramatic improvement from positions 6 - 30 on our list to compete with the big boys. Don't expect the book-ends to solve our obvious deficiencies in the midfield and around the ground. So far I like what I'm hearing but until the season proper starts I won't be getting too excited... particularly with our draw.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I cannot believe you guys are even raising the question about Gumbleton.

He is carrying a minor injury, he hasnt had the opportunity yet to show his stuff.

Someone posted some video of him playing for the WA state U/18 team - amazing talent

We havent played a serious game in anger and you are doubting the guy?

Hey, he may not make it but Geez, can you at least reserve judgement until after his career!!