New TV telecasts....what do you like/dislike??

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
On the Rookie List

New TV telecasts....what do you like/dislike??

Post by 84859300 »

I have watched about a 1/4 of the Ch7 telecast and I must say that the new angle from the Half Forward Flank looks quite good. I like how you can see the ball runner and the play developing up ahead. To make it even better, I would like to see another camera on the opposite side of the ground so that you could see all the way to the goals when you were attacking the other way.

Good innovation for mine.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Yea, i have to agree on that one, the camera view was very good, there was nothing that annoyed me so im quite happy with channel 7 hosting the fotty.
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

the only thing i would like to see is the little score box be moved from bottom left corner to top left.. other than that i enjoyed bruces "little give.."
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Dislike Bruce
The rest is ok I guess. I prefer to listen to SEN when Dermie isnt on.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Rossoneri wrote:Dislike Bruce
The rest is ok I guess. I prefer to listen to SEN when Dermie isnt on.
I second that motion
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

David Schwarz was a mistake in the 'special comments' position. He adds very little, much like Silvagni did at Channel 10.

On another note, FOX's broadcast of the Port v Adelaide match last night was good. Alastair Lynch is a solid addition: he actually makes some insightful comments, Gerard Healy is always good and i still reckon Grybas is the best regular caller going around (i just like his style). Rohan Smith, however, looks like he'll battle as boundary rider - too many "yeah, no's", "ummms" and "ahhs" for mine. I think Fox, as an overall package, do their broadcasts better than any other network - less fanfare and less bullshit, less advertisements, and a generally good special comments team.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I love Bruce and Dennis. Makes me relive childhood memories. Bruce is a little rusty at this stage with names but as is everyone else but when the real stuff starts I'm sure the old Bruce will be back. I think they need to recruit better special comments people like they used to have Walls :P , Dermie etc. Most people hate Walls but he knows football, neither though he bags Essendon a lot I see the lighter side of it. Well I'll try and save this thread turning inot a Robert Walls bagging one by saying Channel 10 need to do soemthing with their telecast, I find it too amateurish but I like Quarters and Huddo and Tim Lane but they need to do something different, with either more itneresting people or something that can give the viewer more interest because I find myself switching channels. Thats my view.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

JumboPaddy wrote:I love Bruce and Dennis. Makes me relive childhood memories. Bruce is a little rusty at this stage with names but as is everyone else but when the real stuff starts I'm sure the old Bruce will be back. I think they need to recruit better special comments people like they used to have Walls :P , Dermie etc. Most people hate Walls but he knows football, neither though he bags Essendon a lot I see the lighter side of it. Well I'll try and save this thread turning inot a Robert Walls bagging one by saying Channel 10 need to do soemthing with their telecast, I find it too amateurish but I like Quarters and Huddo and Tim Lane but they need to do something different, with either more itneresting people or something that can give the viewer more interest because I find myself switching channels. Thats my view.
And I'm one of them :evil:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

The special comments men, need to be changed. Gerad Healey is missed from the Channel 7 commentary box. I do like Watson there though.
Makaveli
High Draft Pick

Post by Makaveli »

Watson and schwarze take the cake as the most boring special comments men around. But watson does have a saving grace, he was a good footballer, schwarze was even average at that. It seems 7 have the best commentators, worst special comments men and 10 have the shit commentators and good special comments men. Even though they could be pains i'll actually miss gary and dermott.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Robert Walls is like one of those farts that pop out after a hard night on the sauce. You know, the ones that just hang around way too long, bringing everybody down. No matter how much you want it to go away, it just hangs there in all its obnoxious glory... :wink:
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Good:
McAvaney
Grybas
Healy
Watson

Bad:
Walls
Russell
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Hmmm i don't know whats happened to channel 7 over the past 5 years or so but it was a very boring commentary team. I love Dennis Commetti but even he seemed bored with Bruce and the Ox. Schwartz is shocking and our own Olarenshaw has a lot of work to do as a boundary rider. I would like to see channel 7 get Sandy Roberts back and give Timmy Watson a lot more air time.