Hird BACKED! (Caro WRONG again!)

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Re: Hird SACKED!

Post by uptick »

Daisy..1 wrote:I think the writing is on the wall unfortunately..Bombers possible link to Suns has panicked the Club into this decision. Bombers speech alone last night was a "take me as head coach or I leave" ... After that, I would suggest that a Hird/Bomber co coaching scenario would be no chance. What a bloody mess... Give James a 2 year contract extension on the back of his suspension to then sack him as soon as he returns.... Little for sure should be packing his bags... Just an absolute embarrassing situation....not to mention the copious amount of money down the bloody drain.
Bombers, touting for the top job was a very bad look at the B & F night. He wouldn't consider the Crows job, given what was done to his mate Sanderson, but in the case of his "mate " Hird ...
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Re: Hird SACKED! (BD writing Caro's headline)

Post by boncer34 »

Better?
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote:Better?
Much! :lol:
Essendunny
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

bombercol wrote:This whole thing is breaking my heart.

I stand firm in the belief that Jimmy Hird has done nothing wrong, the players took nothing illegal, it is not Jimmy Hird's job to administer supplements...his job is to coach the team. He is though the face of the club.

I want everything to be OK, my fear is Jimmy Hird will never be left alone to do his job and coach by the media and others. Now he is appealing the court decision can he concentrate on moving forward and fully prepare for our 2015 season?

My heart says Jimmy Hird! My head says Jimmy Hird, do what you have to do, then speak your mind, tell the World your side of what happened, but Bomber Thompson should be taking the reins as coach as Jimmy is carrying this baggage.

No matter what happens I'll be true to the club, players and the jumper, but my fear that Jimmy Hird will never be left alone and always reminded of this supplement programme which will be too much of a burden on him our players and our club.

I agree with a lot you have said but, will the media and the AFL leave us alone with BT at the helm? Or, will it just be more of the same? If the AFL have their hearts set on BT going to the GCS and he stays at Essendon, what then? How will the club deal with this? So far, they have remained in a fixed hovering pattern of August last year.
Last edited by mdso on Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

mdso wrote:
bombercol wrote:This whole thing is breaking my heart.

I stand firm in the belief that Jimmy Hird has done nothing wrong, the players took nothing illegal, it is not Jimmy Hird's job to administer supplements...his job is to coach the team. He is though the face of the club.

I want everything to be OK, my fear is Jimmy Hird will never be left alone to do his job and coach by the media and others. Now he is appealing the court decision can he concentrate on moving forward and fully prepare for our 2015 season?

My heart says Jimmy Hird! My head says Jimmy Hird, do what you have to do, then speak your mind, tell the World your side of what happened, but Bomber Thompson should be taking the reins as coach as Jimmy is carrying this baggage.

No matter what happens I'll be true to the club, players and the jumper, but my fear that Jimmy Hird will never be left alone and always reminded of this supplement programme which will be too much of a burden on him our players and our club.

I agree with a lot you have said but, will the media and the AFL leave us alone with BT at the helm? Or, will it just be more of the same? If the AFL have their hearts set on BT going to the GCS and he stays at Essendon, what then? How will the club deal with this? So far, they have remained in a hovering pattern.
Why would they suddenly go after Bomber when they virtually loved him being in charge this season???

:?
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

j-mac31 wrote:
Perhaps the contingent of players who made it known to Little and Campbell yesterday that they wanted Hird as coach made them blink.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/m ... 7078268818
“The players love James and they want him to be their coach,” a senior club figure said yesterday.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/player ... 7078382709
By the way, Little should stop spinning tales. Hird did not ban himself from the best-and-fairest, as he said. The club did that, so just admit it.
Seriously the sooner this clown is removed from our boardroom, the ****** better!
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

What do think Ben. Let's say the AFL have BT handpicked for the GCS Coaching position, they offer him all kind of goodies, a truck load of cash, a
wavering of the $30,000 fine, loads of resources and an iron clad (ha, ha, ha) guarantee they won't continue with any ASADA stuff:
Looking good, eh? The media report it, its almost a foregone conclusion. Looking good ,eh?

Almost double jeopardy is one foul swoop, Bomba and Hirdy. Looking good, eh?

Then Bomba goes on a two week holiday, he turns his phone off and can't be contacted. Then comes back and decides to stay at Essendon, how do you think they'd feel about that??? The AFL would be thrilled for him, wouldn't they?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

mdso wrote:What do think Ben. Let's say the AFL have BT handpicked for the GCS Coaching position, they offer him all kind of goodies, a truck load of cash, a
wavering of the $30,000 fine, loads of resources and an iron clad (ha, ha, ha) guarantee they won't continue with any ASADA stuff:
Looking good, eh? The media report it, its almost a foregone conclusion. Looking good ,eh?

Then Bomba goes on a two week holiday, he turns his phone off and can't be contacted. Then comes back and decides to stay at Essendon, how do you think they'd feel about that??? The AFL would be thrilled for him, wouldn't they?
And then what? They start a media campaign to smear him?? How is that going to work when they (the slut media) virtually endorsed him as Hird's replacement with their constant hypothetical claptrap???

Once he was allowed to coach this season, and gave the slut media something to promote (his comical press conferences), and his name not being mentioned in the court proceedings, he has become an untouchable.

Anyone questioning Simon Goodwin? He is one of the Bomber Staff who took a substance that is banned for athletes. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's ok for him to become a senior coach...
Essendunny
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

BenDoolan wrote:
mdso wrote:What do think Ben. Let's say the AFL have BT handpicked for the GCS Coaching position, they offer him all kind of goodies, a truck load of cash, a

And then what? They start a media campaign to smear him?? How is that going to work when they (the slut media) virtually endorsed him as Hird's replacement with their constant hypothetical claptrap???

Once he was allowed to coach this season, and gave the slut media something to promote (his comical press conferences), and his name not being mentioned in the court proceedings, he has become an untouchable.

Anyone questioning Simon Goodwin? He is one of the Bomber Staff who took a substance that is banned for athletes. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's ok for him to become a senior coach...
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/e ... 0q4pf.html
Thompson's unpredictable behaviour as the latest Essendon crisis became feverish must be of concern to both the Bombers and the Gold Coast.
The Cats maintain their faith in his coaching ability but not his equilibrium on a day-to-day basis.
Thompson's double standards, laid bare during Gary Ablett's final season when it was revealed that he too had been negotiating and in fact plotting with another club, emerged again when he expressed keen interest in the Gold Coast coaching role before the contracted Guy McKenna had been sacked.
Don't need to add much, Words speak for themselves. The media will never, ever let this go, and acting in any way based on the shitstorm they have created for their own self interest would be the dumbest thing the club has ever done.
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

i thought bomber had said repeatedly he was done with being a head coach anywhere?

no all of a sudden he is intereted in being head coach again???
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gyoza wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/e ... 0q4pf.html
Thompson's unpredictable behaviour as the latest Essendon crisis became feverish must be of concern to both the Bombers and the Gold Coast.
The Cats maintain their faith in his coaching ability but not his equilibrium on a day-to-day basis.
Thompson's double standards, laid bare during Gary Ablett's final season when it was revealed that he too had been negotiating and in fact plotting with another club, emerged again when he expressed keen interest in the Gold Coast coaching role before the contracted Guy McKenna had been sacked.
Don't need to add much, Words speak for themselves. The media will never, ever let this go, and acting in any way based on the shitstorm they have created for their own self interest would be the dumbest thing the club has ever done.
It's the wench though Gyoza. Anything Essendon related will be hammered. She was never happy with the way Bomber left Geelong, and never will be.

Other scum journos have moved on from that. I doubt there are many, if any, who have bad words to say about Bomber.
Essendunny
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

Let's see if I can articulate this question properly?....if the AFL and Media think that Bomber was as much to blame in the governance issues at the Club, that he didn't do enough and he is just another one of the "cheats" that had a hand in this saga then would not level heads prevail and think that if he is guilty of this that he SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO COACH ANYWHERE?? Why is it that they say he is untenable at Essendon for his actions but perfectly fine to go and do the same job elsewhere? I can't get my little head around it???
Image]
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Caro is messing with your head Daisy
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Daisy..1 wrote:Let's see if I can articulate this question properly?....if the AFL and Media think that Bomber was as much to blame in the governance issues at the Club, that he didn't do enough and he is just another one of the "cheats" that had a hand in this saga then would not level heads prevail and think that if he is guilty of this that he SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO COACH ANYWHERE?? Why is it that they say he is untenable at Essendon for his actions but perfectly fine to go and do the same job elsewhere? I can't get my little head around it???
You had an opportunity to 'take her out', and you blew it.

I blame YOU!

:wink: :P
Essendunny
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

Windy_Hill wrote:Caro is messing with your head Daisy
Windy...she is not the only Dimwit saying it though...NO penis (which I know to be fact) fat bastard HUTCHY and Barrett and Gary all agreed on this the other night...just makes no sense.

Benny, I am still kicking myself that I didn't give her a mouth full...but then again...I may have become just another headline "drug crazed bomber supporter verbally assaults journo whilst sipping tea in Hawksburn" :roll: ..ooh would have been worth it though.
Image]
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Daisy..1 wrote:
Windy...she is not the only Dimwit saying it though...NO penis (which I know to be fact) fat bastard HUTCHY and Barrett and Gary all agreed on this the other night...just makes no sense.

Benny, I am still kicking myself that I didn't give her a mouth full...but then again...I may have become just another headline "drug crazed bomber supporter verbally assaults journo whilst sipping tea in Hawksburn" :roll: ..ooh would have been worth it though.
Haha, I can just read that headline indeed :lol:
Essendunny
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Daisy..1 wrote:Let's see if I can articulate this question properly?....if the AFL and Media think that Bomber was as much to blame in the governance issues at the Club, that he didn't do enough and he is just another one of the "cheats" that had a hand in this saga then would not level heads prevail and think that if he is guilty of this that he SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO COACH ANYWHERE?? Why is it that they say he is untenable at Essendon for his actions but perfectly fine to go and do the same job elsewhere? I can't get my little head around it???
Me either its absolute codswallop. The medfia (media mafia) and the powers that be preferred Bomba to Hird last season. I believe it suited their agenda to push James Hird further and further out of the picture. What I would love to know is what Hird has actually on certain individuals in the AFL and not long out of the AFL. To want to shut him up, completely discredit him and ruin his life inside and outside football. Since you've been following AFL and Essendon, there has been such a diversified effort to get rid of some one and really hurt them like this? I cannot recall it ever. Even when Gough Whitlam and Labour were kicked out of Government, there wasn't this much continuous media coverage. And: that was a big deal for this country. The Sun the other day front and back page and six other pages full of us Hird and ASADA and one on Bomba coaching. This is like a total bombardment like a bombing from the media.

What it shows is how well connected certain people are at the AFL and, there must be more to this than meets the eye.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Daisy..1 wrote:

Who was the unfortunate woman that passed on that information to you? She deserves a medal #HutchysSlug
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

BenDoolan wrote:

If the AFL has an agenda with the EFC and James Hird as many of us believe, then its one thing for Bomba to conveniently step into take over from Hird for a year because there are people who believed Hird would never come back, let alone Coach. Who remembers Andrew Demetriou's statement,
"James Hird will not coach in 2015." So if the AFL were so happy to have him at EFC in 2014, why have they now offered him the Coaching job at the GCS? Essendon and James Hird have been made to be seen as the demons. And; the AFL want a premiership at the GCS and they believe Bomba can provide it for them. One small problem might be Gary Ablett Jnr. That might need work.

Bomba on the other hand, has become personable to the public, his persona has been changed whereas James Hird gagged therefore has NO defence, is still seen as the problem. Bomba has improved his public image Jimmy's image is tarnished. Even Simon Goodwin not a bad word about him but Xavier Campbell has just copped it head on, bang. It makes no sense but whoever the AFL have got in their PR department, they can read the public like a book. They just keep winding them up those wind up toys and the streets are full of them.

If Bomber were to stay and coach Essendon in 2015, if you don't think the AFL could switch as quick as you can snap your fingers, you haven't been watching their plays in the past two years. Anyone who doesn't bow to their want is quickly or in our case not so quickly bought to their knees.
If not for James Hird we might have completely succumbed. Or discredited so they become ineffectual and quietly disappear into the ether.
James Hird has managed not to do that and he hasn't been able to say a word. How annoying. In fact, he has become the eternal pest for the AFL. What I would like to know what does James Hird know about the "powers that be" that we do not? He sure as hell has made some enemies and they have the media to do their bidding.

James Hird is either a very brave man or stupid. And James Hird is not stupid. So he must have very good reasons for doing what he is doing. He is putting all he is on the line, if he was all about himself he would have gone into survival mode by now and he has not. He just keeps doing what he has been doing. He is focussed and mindful on the job at hand and ahead. This is probably the fight of his life and I wish him well.

BTW: James Hird was never my favourite player and I might have thought he was a good player and courageous but I was never a fan. Actually my favourite player is Dustin Fletcher.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

BenDoolan wrote:

If the AFL has an agenda with the EFC and James Hird as many of us believe, then its one thing for Bomba to conveniently step into take over from Hird for a year because there are people who believed Hird would never come back, let alone Coach. Who remembers Andrew Demetrious's
statement,"James Hird will not coach in 2015." One would think they would be happy for Bomba to stay and keep improving the EFC's image. Especially when Essendon and James Hird have been made to be seen by the public as the demons. Why the offer to Bomba at the GCS?
And; the AFL want a premiership at the GCS and they obviously believe Bomba can deliver it for them. One small problem might be Gary Ablett Jnr. That might need some work and a quiet word. Putting Bomba in a quandary, stabbing James Hird in the back, if he were to say yes to the EFC position. Bomba loves Essendon and is good mates with James Hird has he been painted into a corner?

Bomba on the other hand, has become personable to the public, his persona has been changed, whereas James Hird gagged therefore has NO defence, is still seen by the public as the problem. Bomba has improved his public image, Jimmy's image is tarnished. Even Simon Goodwin, not a bad word about him has moved away from the problem to Melbourne but Xavier Campbell has just copped it head on, bang! It makes no sense but whoever the AFL have got in their PR department, they can read the public like a book. They just keep winding them up those wind up toys and the streets are full of them.

If Bomber were to stay and coach Essendon in 2015, if you don't think the AFL could switch as quick as you can snap your fingers, you haven't been watching their plays in the past two years. They are so slick they can turn on a threepence. Anyone who doesn't bow to their want is quickly or in our case not so quickly bought to their knees. If not for James Hird we might have completely succumbed. Or discredited so they become ineffectual and quietly disappear into the ether. James Hird has managed not to do that and he hasn't been able to say a word. How annoying. In fact, he has become the eternal pest for the AFL. What I would like to know what does James Hird know about the "powers that be" that we do not? He sure as hell has made some enemies and they have a willing media to do their bidding.

James Hird is either a very brave man or stupid one. James Hird is not stupid. So, he must have very good reasons for doing what he is doing. He is putting all he is on the line, if he was all about himself, he would have gone into survival mode by now and he has not. He just keeps doing what he has been doing. He is focussed and mindful on the job at hand. He is in for the fight of his life against cunning adversaries. Good luck James.

BTW: James Hird was never my favourite player and I might have thought he was a good player and courageous but I was never a fan. Actually my favourite player is Dustin Fletcher.