Hird BACKED! (Caro WRONG again!)

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Hird BACKED! (Caro WRONG again!)

Post by BenDoolan »

Just getting it ready for tomorrow.

His decision not to attend tonight's Crichton says a lot IMO.
Last edited by BenDoolan on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Essendunny
Gyoza
Club Captain

Re: Hird Sacked

Post by Gyoza »

BenDoolan wrote:Just getting it ready for tomorrow.

Yep, if he's not there, it's over.
This belongs in the "f*** off" thread. A f****** shithouse conclusion (of sorts) to a f****** shithouse situation at a f****** shithouse club.
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

If the word that he is not attending because he has been TOLD not to is true, he shouldn't let them have the satisfaction of firing them.
Hold a 9am press conference tomorrow morning with whoever is loitering outside his house and tell the board to stick it up their arse. Continue with the appeal and then sue the club as well.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

This whole thing is arse about. The players need to exonerate themselves from the SCNs. What the club should have done was appeal along with Hirdy to overthrow this most incompetent ruling by Middleton but allow the ASADA process to continue. Then if the appeal is successful the SCN and any punishment that they would try to fit us up with would also be expunged. It is possible to chew gum and walk at the same time.

I think if the board act to move against Hird as coach for next year it will be very sad day. Unless there is some mutual agreement that he is pursuing the appeal to clear his name and is not able to fulfil his coaching duties until that process has concluded. If we were then to appoint Bomber as coach, Hird could theoretically return as an assistant to Bomber particularly if the appeal is successful.

I can really understand that he want to clear his name. The club should make it very clear that they support his actions.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

MH_Bomber wrote:The club should make it very clear that they support his actions.
It's a struggle throughout this whole thing to find any time where they have wholeheartedly done this.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gyoza wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Just getting it ready for tomorrow.

Yep, if he's not there, it's over.
This belongs in the "f*** off" thread. A f****** shithouse conclusion (of sorts) to a f****** shithouse situation at a f****** shithouse club.
I'm internally fuming like yourself. The only thing holding my emotions in check at the moment is the fact the media is the one making all the noise. They have constantly thrown in words "crisis" and "Hird facing the sack" with every development over the past 20 months.

I'll wait until actual decisions are made before I tee off I think.... despite my pre-emptive thread.
Essendunny
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

I am crying a little bit.... FU BD....
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Western Red wrote:I am crying a little bit.... FU BD....
Sorry mate. Here you go....

:(
Essendunny
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

If it is the case that Hird goes then the events unfolding at the Gold Coast certainly hasn't helped his cause.
It just fell out of the sky
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

auditor wrote:If it is the case that Hird goes then the events unfolding at the Gold Coast certainly hasn't helped his cause.
I reckon it creates an opening for him :P
Essendunny
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

It's my belief that Hird should be able to continue as coach and to continue to do "whatever it takes" by him to get to the end point of this whole thing, personally and professionally.

I don't hold much for "the good of the game" or the "good of the club" statements as I see that as rhetoric designed to push important issues aside, mostly for the benefit of those that aren't really interested in the club.

Supporters and the board should hang together and resist the temptation to finish this off early.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Looks like the gutless f**** will get their way. Filthy, and the other morons who think the sun shines out of Little's arse will be delighted. I hope get hit by a car Filthy you f****** c***.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote:It's my belief that Hird should be able to continue as coach and to continue to do "whatever it takes" by him to get to the end point of this whole thing, personally and professionally.

I don't hold much for "the good of the game" or the "good of the club" statements as I see that as rhetoric designed to push important issues aside, mostly for the benefit of those that aren't really interested in the club.

Supporters and the board should hang together and resist the temptation to finish this off early.
I get a feeling the players aren't as supportive as they used to be.
Essendunny
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Did any of you guys receive an email from the club asking you about renewing your membership in the past couple of days? I did.

I said I did not want them club to renew my membership yet, I wanted to wait and watch exactly what decisions the EFC and the Board made. If they rolled over like they did last year and accepted the AFL's BLACKMAIL and arm twisting, I would not be renewing my membership. How dumb can this board be. Double jeopardy.......... After everything that has happened how can a relationship be rebuilt based on lies and distrust?

I fail to understand if the players are not guilty, why plead guilty. If the AFL have offered the club a deal, by not to go to the Federal Court which is against our silks best legal advice, will the AFL not issue the players SCN's and give them in writing some assurances of what they won't do and will stop doing? How can anyone possibly trust these lying bastards? We are in a hovering pattern of last year.

Our Coach is not going to our best and fairest and the hot word is he's been sacked. This surely is a black day in the history of the EFC.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

We will be Fitzroy'd within 5 years.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

this is bs. why is he sacked for after all this time?

all hird has done wrong was put an idiot in charge of overseeing the supps program and he didnt document exactly what the players used. is this worthy of the sack after all this.

what a crock.
Last edited by DC2 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

If they do sack him we should go to the AFL with cap in hand and ask them to pay him out considering they've already f***** us over to the tune of 2 mill because they f***** up in the beginning
It just fell out of the sky
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

TW names Hird as the coach in the box for Anzac Day next year. Part of a prize for an auction....
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

tonysoprano wrote:We will be Fitzroy'd within 5 years.
Wonder if it would take that long? The loss in membership revenue could be catastrophic. Hows the cash reserves post court loss?
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

We need to get rid of Little and his board.