Bomber Thompson

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Bomber Thompson

Post by BenDoolan »

Hope he doesn't end up paying it. Biggest crock of shit ever.
Essendunny
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

As we are discovering as spectators, it is a very brave person who takes the AFL on, full frontal. They have shown in our case, they are unforgiving
no matter what they say about holding no grudges and welcoming people back into the fold of the AFL family.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Well shit, he might have to pay to go to the footy now. How many games would he need to go to to get $30k value?
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/m ... 1f6xs.html
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

j-mac31 wrote:Well shit, he might have to pay to go to the footy now. How many games would he need to go to to get $30k value?
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/m ... 1f6xs.html
Interesting that Cousins has retained his Weagles Life membership and automatic invite to the Chasser.

As for non-payment making it harder for him to get an AFL job ... the AFL have already made it clear that he is persona-non-grata (maybe the non-payment is a response to the campaign waged against him by some in AFL HQ and their pet journos re the GCS job).

If EFC hasn't made him a life member yet - they bloody well should just to stick it up to everyone.

s'd
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

If a club employees him, how can the AFL stop it? I guess they believe they're above all laws so they'll do it somehow....
Essendunny
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I've been pondering if the reason he hasn't put pen to paper for a job at the EFC in any capacity has to do with this lack of payment to AFL cocksuckers fund. As in he isn't linked to the club - or any club - whilst the AFL try their hardest.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Megan wrote:I've been pondering if the reason he hasn't put pen to paper for a job at the EFC in any capacity has to do with this lack of payment to AFL cocksuckers fund. As in he isn't linked to the club - or any club - whilst the AFL try their hardest.

I agree. If he had signed on with us again, the AFL would just have another reason to take a swipe at the club. This way he is a separate entity.
He could also be waiting for the outcome of Hirdy's court case. Or maybe Bomber is baiting the AFL to sue him. Then under oath he can say all sorts of things under oath, and put them out there into the public arena.
Scott
On the Rookie List

Post by Scott »

It's being reported in the Sun he won't be back, reckons "I'm done".
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Scott wrote:It's being reported in the Sun he won't be back, reckons "I'm done".
Looks like there was only one job he wanted ... and it not being offered.

Sad, but you cannot have two dogs in the room at the same time both saying they are top dog.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Bomber is gone, he apparently has walked away, very unhappy with his treatment by the club. If this is true its a DAM DISGRACE.

But what would we expect, the Board have made a number of dicey decisions, this is just another one. Actually the way the Board have been behaving over the Creighton thing with Bomber and Hirdy, it smells of panicky behaviour on our part again and a bit of arm twisting by the AFL.
It seems our Board have no idea how to pay respect and consider those who put their necks on the line for this club. Both Bomber and Hird, guts personified. Thank you Bomber for your selfless contribution, you deserved better. I am disgusted.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

The club is f****** rooted. How it could not come to an arrangement is a f****** disgrace. GAGF EFC :evil:
Essendunny
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

mdso wrote:Bomber is gone, he apparently has walked away, very unhappy with his treatment by the club. If this is true its a DAM DISGRACE.

But what would we expect, the Board have made a number of dicey decisions, this is just another one. Actually the way the Board have been behaving over the Creighton thing with Bomber and Hirdy, it smells of panicky behaviour on our part again and a bit of arm twisting by the AFL.
It seems our Board have no idea how to pay respect and consider those who put their necks on the line for this club. Both Bomber and Hird, guts personified. Thank you Bomber for your selfless contribution, you deserved better. I am disgusted.
wait a second - just because he walked away unhappy doesn't mean he wasn't treated right. He might have walked away unhappy because he said I want head coach or nothing.
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

s'dreams wrote:
Scott wrote:It's being reported in the Sun he won't be back, reckons "I'm done".
Looks like there was only one job he wanted ... and it not being offered.

Sad, but you cannot have two dogs in the room at the same time both saying they are top dog.
Sad but true...

Don't be surprised if he attempts to ruin Craig's run at the Bulldogs!
It just fell out of the sky
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

I'm surprised that the WHORE from Fairfax didn't come out with the headline...

"Thompson Sacked!"
It just fell out of the sky
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Bomber could have had his old job back at the dons with Hird. He agreed to a temporary gig last year as senior coach.

He is brilliant but not a long term option.

Disappointed he feels like it's going backwards. He didn't feel that way going from Geelong head coach to a senior assistants role.

Good luck Bomba will miss the post match pressers.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I dont read this any other way than - he wanted the head coaching job, Hird is in that role and Essendon and Bomber cant agree that is what is happening.

His timing of going on holiday after he gave that speech meant that I dont think he was in a position to hold his ground. I love Bomber but it looks like a case of Bomber or Hird. As most of us have been banging on about the club sticking by Hird I dont think we can be saying this and then be upset about Bomber.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Well, I think the non-appointment of Bomber sucks the big ones.
From the day he left Geelong he said he didn't want a head coach job - yet so many think one incident at the B&F over-rides all that.
He took on the coaching role this season purely because the club needed him to, not because he coveted it. And throughout the year he repeatedly said it was just the one season.
I don't see it as Bomber or Hird, just that EFC couldn't bother themselves to find him a meaningful role. If they hadn't gone and signed up Neeld & Harvey (and I dunno who else) there may have been a meaningful job for Bomber. EFC shafted him.
Add it to the list of crap decisions the Board has made these last 2 years.
I'll bet Little comes out and says the Board are "disappointed". What he should say, is the Board are "disappointing".
Good luck Bomber, I wish you well and hope you find satisfaction in whatever you do next.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

Club...Individual?

Club.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

The club would have offered bomber a job. He has knocked it back. They couldn't work it out. Bomber knew that Hird was coming back. If he only wanted the senior job then the club had no option to move him on. They have been trying to find a job for bomber for 6 months.

If this is the end of bombers involvement in footy at club level I hope he get the respect he deserves as a 3 time premiership player a premiership captain and a 2 time premiership coach. Not many in footy have that cv.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

nudder12 wrote:Well, I think the non-appointment of Bomber sucks the big ones.
From the day he left Geelong he said he didn't want a head coach job - yet so many think one incident at the B&F over-rides all that.
He took on the coaching role this season purely because the club needed him to, not because he coveted it. And throughout the year he repeatedly said it was just the one season.
I don't see it as Bomber or Hird, just that EFC couldn't bother themselves to find him a meaningful role. If they hadn't gone and signed up Neeld & Harvey (and I dunno who else) there may have been a meaningful job for Bomber. EFC shafted him.
Add it to the list of crap decisions the Board has made these last 2 years.
I'll bet Little comes out and says the Board are "disappointed". What he should say, is the Board are "disappointing".
Good luck Bomber, I wish you well and hope you find satisfaction in whatever you do next.
Absolutely spot on

=D>
Essendunny