Bomber Thompson

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Bomber Thompson

Post by Gimps »

Mail is that he is staying. Big news if true.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Bomber Thompson

Post by BenDoolan »

He'll stick around. I believe he really wants to see our club get through this shit and enjoy success. He's too f****** good to let go, so coming up with a meaningful role is what all the discussion is about IMO.
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Will be interesting to see what they come up with for him.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

This would be a great result.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Where's the mail coming from?

I was at dinner with him last week and he said he wanted to be a head coach or nothing.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I hope someone is keeping a register of all the wild predictions from our illustrious football press that have failed to materialise.

Seem to recall somewhere that Bomber and Hirdy's relationship had disintegrated, that Bomber would only ever stay if he had the top spot, that Bomber had falling out of favour with the Board, that the players were disenchanted with Bomber etc. etc. etc.

Add to this Hirdy's sacking, Licha and Benny H leaving and you wonder if, believing all this shit, whether there would have been a football team left for ASADA to serve notice on.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

gringo wrote:Where's the mail coming from?

I was at dinner with him last week and he said he wanted to be a head coach or nothing.
Was Caro there too? Did she tell you how much she loved Essendon?
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

robbie67 wrote:

No. There was a bloke in the corner pissing in his mouth though. I thought it might have been you WOBWOB.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Apparently he's gone back and forth about staying a few times now... but this time it seems a lit more solid, hope he's 100% committed if he does stay
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

gringo wrote:
robbie67 wrote:

No. There was a bloke in the corner pissing in his mouth though. I thought it might have been you WOBWOB.
Well it wasn't me "name dropping". Something you have accused others of in here. Now I hate to interrupt your afternoon tea with Molly Meldrum, but did you get so excited during your weekly felch, you forgot all about it?
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Interesting perspective from Rohan Connelly on SEN on Thursday arvo.

He reckons the 'AFL media' and 'AFL insiders' have gone feral in trashing Bomber since the end of the season - inside stories abound about his unreliability, missing appointments, incoherent utterances (e.g. his speech at the EFC B&F) his all-round general 'kookiness' etc. etc. Connelly believes it a concerted campaign to make sure he doesn't get the Suns job - when up until a couple of weeks ago - he was a shoe-in. The Suns brand is sacred to the AFL and they don't want Bomber. The AFL evidently is not happy that he got to coach this year and is now being sought by clubs to continue coaching.......

What is most interesting is that this is now being said publicly and that it is the AFL that is being outed as the pricks that they are. Connelly is brave enough to say it - see if others follow.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

I would tend to follow Gimps and Hop here....

But it will be what it will be....hopefully in this instance a happy ending.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

But it will be what it will be....
That was profound mate. Nice one.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

robbie67 wrote:
gringo wrote:
robbie67 wrote:

Well it wasn't me "name dropping". Something you have accused others of in here. Now I hate to interrupt your afternoon tea with Molly Meldrum, but did you get so excited during your weekly felch, you forgot all about it?
Gring can correct me if I'm wrong but I feel that was a tongue in cheek reference to the B&F?
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

boncer34 wrote:[ but I feel that was a tongue in cheek reference
:lol:
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

hop wrote:Interesting perspective from Rohan Connelly on SEN on Thursday arvo.

He reckons the 'AFL media' and 'AFL insiders' have gone feral in trashing Bomber since the end of the season - inside stories abound about his unreliability, missing appointments, incoherent utterances (e.g. his speech at the EFC B&F) his all-round general 'kookiness' etc. etc. Connelly believes it a concerted campaign to make sure he doesn't get the Suns job - when up until a couple of weeks ago - he was a shoe-in. The Suns brand is sacred to the AFL and they don't want Bomber. The AFL evidently is not happy that he got to coach this year and is now being sought by clubs to continue coaching.......

What is most interesting is that this is now being said publicly and that it is the AFL that is being outed as the pricks that they are. Connelly is brave enough to say it - see if others follow.
Interesting.

Caro started the "AFL sources" crap about him being mad or whatever and then others have mentioned that there's "talk" about it. :roll:

Although Connolly did have an article last week where he said that he was at the B&F and Bomber was sounding mad.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

James Hird says his relationship with Mark Thompson remains intact and wants the two-time premiership coach to remain at Essendon in 2015.
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014- ... er-to-stay
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

j-mac31 wrote:
James Hird says his relationship with Mark Thompson remains intact and wants the two-time premiership coach to remain at Essendon in 2015.
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014- ... er-to-stay
from the same article...."Mark and I will speak very soon but we haven't spoken yet, he was on a holiday and I was working pretty busily at study ...."

I saw this interview on TV and am pretty sure Hird said he hadn't spoken to Bomber for a couple of months (seems to be backed up by the quote above about being busy studying)
Doesn't sound like much of a relationship to me :-k
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Surely the AFL directed the Suns to not employ Bomber as Senior Coach.

For a moment there it looked like he was a monty for the job, then all of a sudden Gold Coast came out with "we are not interested in Bomber for the role".

Screams of AFL interference.

I mean for f*** sake they have a 3 time Premiership Coach (the 2011 Geelong Premiership was far more Bomber's doing than Chris Scott's doing) publically announcing he wants to stay as a Senior Coach and they are not interested? But they then go an employ a bloke who had 10 years and 2 different clubs who had very good sides at his disposal who still could not win a Flag because they want a "proven" senior coach.

Well f*** me, Brett Ratten coached a very average Carlton team to several finals campaigns...surely under their criteria that would make Ratts a "proven" senior coach as well?!
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

Saw in todays paper that Bomber has refused to pay his $30000. fine which is due to be paid on the 31st October.

Sticking it up the AFL. The Good..

The Not so good, I heard a rumour that he has been approached to replace Eade at the filth. Holy shit I couldn't in my wildest dreams see him in a filth shirt walking out on the ground with figjam. Also if he continues with his gig with Fox footy i'd refuse to watch it, seeing him in filth gear would make me sick. That's being more of a traitor than ryder.

Hope that rumour is wrong & that Hird & Bomber can solve their problems ASAP. Especially when Bomber is on record saying that he has unfinished business with this Essendon team.