NOTHING HAS CHANGED

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rotorog
Top Up Player

NOTHING HAS CHANGED

Post by Rotorog »

Code: Select all

To be beaten by a club that finished last in 2006, with our team that was supposed to be full strength is distressing.

Our skill level is still poor. Our midfield is non- extistant. Our coach is still[color=red][/color] coaching from the 1980's. manual. And for all you supporters that say this is only the pre-season, we are nowhere upto the standard of the WC Eagles, the Bulldogs or even for crying out aloud - CARLSCUM.

THIS IS ONLY THE PRE- SEASON PEOPLE, BUT THE SIGNS ARE NOT GOOD.
THIS IS THE BEST TEAM WE PUT ON THE PADDOCK AND WE STILL GOT DONE BY THE TEAM THAT FINISED LAST (R) LAST IN 2006.

Standby for a lot of excuses from one Mr. K. Sheedy in 2007.

The oraacle has spoken. :twisted:  :twisted: 
The Oracle has spoken.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

One would think that our best team might just include the Jason Johnson, Mark Johnson & Adam McPhee.

I think they night have made a difference tonight.

Also, if only one of the posters had been a goal, or one of the many relatively easy misses had been a goal, we would have won.

But you've always liked to focus on the negative Rotorog so this is nothing new from you...in fact you probably enjoyed seeing us lose just so you could spew a bit of your vitriolic crap. =;
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

swoodley wrote:One would think that our best team might just include the Jason Johnson, Mark Johnson & Adam McPhee.

I think they night have made a difference tonight.
Regardless, we still should have beaten a team who have spent for of the past 5 seasons at 15th or worse.
If this was against the Dogs, then I would mind so much, but this is against a team who were shitter than us last year, and we had nearly a full strength team.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

If we cant win Carlton, We cant win anyone else.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Jason and Mark Johnson were missed. Our problem was that Carlscum ran away early with some lucky calls and medfield speed. Those two hard bodies woudl have keeped us a bti closer early on. no need to panik yet.

P.S. Anyone who expects us to be near the quality of the Bulldogs or West Coast is kidding themselves...oracle
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Who cares, first match of the year, and its not like we got killed, 3 points is nothing... expect us to finish strong in the later parts of the game, very fit side we have on our hands.

PS: Essendon4eva, type slower man, got like four words wrong in your post :P.
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
Makaveli
High Draft Pick

Post by Makaveli »

Ramanama wrote:expect us to finish strong in the later parts of the game, very fit side we have on our hands.
From what i saw last night we would have to have one of the most un-fit teams in the competition. The midfield pressure was terrible, the only guy that wasn't lazy out there was davey, but i'm sure sheedy will give him a defensive role or some shit come the real season.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

NAB cup isn't the be all and end all, but the signs in the first half were fairly worrying. Played better in the second, but poor skill execution cost us the game in the end. Had countless opportunities to go into the forward 50, only to screw it up through pissing around with the ball.

Don't know why Michael was playing Fevola from behind the entire game when he is clearly quicker off the mark.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

A little disappointing to lose to carlton in the first round especially after hearing all the glowing reports of the boys against the all stars team. I know its only the first round (hell carlton won the damn thing a few years back and look where they ended up) and we were missing JJ, Johnno, Campo, McPhee, Heff but there were some signs that were very similar to last season.

Silly free kicks (McVeighs 50m penalty that resulted in a super goal just might have cost us a win) and very poor foot skills through the midfield. Carlton were just prepared to run faster than us and they used the ball a lot better.

2 great points though... Lloydy got through the game and we have found a star in Alwyn Davey!!!