I Hate Robert Walls

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

I Hate Robert Walls

Post by swoodley »

I know this is not a new topic and hardly news for any Bomber supporter but:

I f****** hate Robert Walls

He is a sanctimonious prick and should never be allowed to commentate on another game of AFL.

(and to think that channel ten have us on in six of he first eight rounds ](*,) )
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

I see him more as the 'Tony Grieg' of the Ch10 team. He has banter, he has knowledge and he supports the other team.

If I didn't look at it that way.........I'd want to lop off his head :evil:
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I agree wholeheartedly.

Tool.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Agree. Except for the call he made on McVeigh early in the match.
citizenerased
On the Rookie List

Post by citizenerased »

Walls may be annoying, but when there are bigger fish to fry who seem adament on destroying the only decent sport this country has invented, well, he doesnt seem so bad
The Super Nintendo formerly known as Chalmers
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Its simple guys, just turn off.
Either get to the game if you can or listen to it on radio. If ratings drop, see channel 10 change their line up.

I refuse to watch FTA footy unless Essendon is playing. And seeing as I can get to every game in Melbourne, I have no need to watch it. If we are playing interstate, ill listen to it on SEN.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Makaveli
High Draft Pick

Post by Makaveli »

His actually an ok special comments man just bias against essendon which is really frustrating. At least he provides an opinion and fulfills his role though. Unlike Silvagni, Schwarze and watson. Im looking forward to voss being on the channel 10 team though.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Rossoneri wrote:Its simple guys, just turn off.
Either get to the game if you can or listen to it on radio. .
I get to the games in Melb, but when you are watching interstate games on TV you can't turn the sound down and listen to the radio anymore because the coverage is delayed by about 3 seconds.

Believe me, I have tried.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

84859300 wrote:I see him more as the 'Tony Grieg' of the Ch10 team. He has banter, he has knowledge and he supports the other team.
That's a pretty good way to look at things, i think.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Essendon4eva wrote:Agree. Except for the call he made on McVeigh early in the match.
That's the bit that pissed me off the most.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I hate Dwayne Russell way more. Robert Walls knows his footy. I believe he was right about McVeigh he was a bloody sook and shouldn't have been so stupid in the first place. Looking back on it he cost us the game. You can say that we were jibbed with the hands in the back rule but as disgraceful as the decisions were you have to get on with it. Would've been extra time. Could have gotten away with it last year but this year is different. Good to see Sheeds drag him shows he is not putting up with any shit this year and so he shouldnt. Essendon is known for giving away 50m penalties away for stupid indisgretions (not sure of spell) and in the end it costs us in the end. Time to pull their heads in and get on with it. Most of you will disagree but that's my view :wink:
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Robert Walls almost ran me over at a Doncaster petrol station last year.... no joke.

Or it was someone who looked very, very similar.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I have no idea how any of you guys can applaud Robert Walls' commentary regarding Mark McVeigh. That was a ridiculous, childish attack on a player who busted his guts for this club last year. To say "grow up" on air was a pathetic sniper attack from a complete f****** bastard of a bloke.

I cannot remember one occasion where McVeigh committed such an offence last season. All I do know, is that he just about beat every single opponent he played on.
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

No argument from me.

But McVeigh did get fined last year (in june IIRC) for "intimidation" nearely headbuting the ump. Similar circumstances as Saturday, wrong call by ump that got him angry.

The standards of umpiring are far from impressive, but since there is little that McVeigh alone can do about this, he should keep his calm and avoid 50 m penalties.

and it is past my bedtime
Red and Black Forever
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

I'm no Walls apologist...far from it but I actually though he was remarkably lenient with us with his after match comments.

He could and probably should have got stuck into us over what was a pathetic performance. He could have said how Sheedy has been talking the talk but not walking the walk. In stead he commented how satisfied the supporters of both sides should be....Spare me!! Carlton fans...maybe and that's JUST maybe. If I were a Blues supporter I wouldn't be getting too carried away. But at least it was a win. But speaking for myself I was far from satisfied...Gutted might be a better description.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I'm with you Benny. Yes Macca was stupid but to make those comments about a player was childish, the players are in no position to defend no respond. It shit me off.

We all know Macca screwed up, Macca knows Macca screwed up - no need for comments like that.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

His a wanker :D
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

He is a sanctimonious prick
I'd want to lop off his head
Tool.
complete f****** bastard of a bloke.
His a wanker
He can't be all that bad can he? :D
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Yep! :P
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama