Everyone calm down please !!!!!!!!!!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Doctor Strangelove
Top Up Player

Everyone calm down please !!!!!!!!!!

Post by Doctor Strangelove »

The majority of posts on Bombertalk in the last few weeks have been 'tres negative and disrespectful of the efforts of the Club and players to put us back on top again.

Dermot Brereton was asked after the Carlton game what it would take to make the EFC a top team. He said : a less crowded forward line and elite mid fielder.

Everyone should stop being critics and hop on board. We probably have the most potent forward line in the AFL, a top 3 backline and 3 great young ruck options (Hille, Laycock and Ryder) AND the new improved Angus Monfries.

Then for the centres pick from JJ, Jobe Watson, Stanton, Hislop,Bolton,Winderlich, Dyson, Mark Johnson, McVeigh , Camporale, Dempsey , Lovett, Davey, Bradley, Houliand Peverill. WE ONLY NEED 5 FROM THIS GROUP TO STAND UP, THAT IS 5 FROM 16. We should not underrate the capabilty of JJ and Camporale to lead this group.

Lets all get on board !!!!!!!!!!

:P :P :P
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Thanks Dr Strangelove,

I've seen some pretty ridiculous stuff on this board given that it was a f*cking pre-season cup match... Didn't Carlton win the nab cup in the last couple of years?

Now that we've got Michael and Lloyd in the team it's a good chance to give Keps and CJ a run in the twos and build their respective confidence up... those two blokes have had ridiculous expectation put on them for the last season because of the injuries we've had.

I thought there were positive signs from Winders, Ryder and Kep last night - in my opinion they looked improved from last season. That's all we can ask from the kids.

What we need from this team is more leadership from the senior guys.

Let's see how we're going after five weeks of real footy before we start calling for heads.

Oh... and how good was Monf???? He looked awesome - ready to step up this season.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

All teams that ended up lower on the ladder than their opponents last yr won so that says something for the DRAB cup.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Rose Coloured Glasses my friend

I do hope that some of the 16 stand up

Reality is that most have been tried and most have not done much to instill too much confidence
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Good to see Windy being his usual positive self... :wink: