Fringe player -> best 22 lock

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Fringe player -> best 22 lock

Post by Sartorius »

Couldn't find much football related discussion going on here, so thought this would be worth discussing.

Getting the crystal ball out, who do we see as the players that are going to cement their place in the best 22 by the end of the season?

In the past few years we've had blokes like Hibberd and Baguley, go from fringe players to some of the first guys picked each weekend in the space of a season. This year there seems to be a few blokes on the cusp of making that step up. Merrett x 2, Gleeson, Colyer, Ashby, Ambrose, etc.

Colyer is the big chance in my opinion- Adds another element to the team with his speed and for the first time in his career managed to string a few AFL games together at the end of the season. The big IF is his kicking. If he can improve his disposal efficiency by steadying himself before kicking he will become a very dangerous player.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: Fringe player -> best 22 lock

Post by Crazyman »

Based on his finish to the season, Colyer should now cement his place - Also, I would almost have Ambrose as a lock in - he was very impressive first up...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I like Gleeeeeson. Hope he has a cracker of a year.
Essendunny
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I reckon Colyer is already.

Of the guys that haven't played as much, probably/hopefully Gleeson and I also hope Edwards can get in. Anyone who can take Dempsey's spot really.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.