Squad for Saturday

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Filthy

Squad for Saturday

Post by Filthy »

Hislop got a week for belting someone...1st offence...what a joke.

Jetta and Gumbleton named in squad of 28

Thursday, 1 March 2007

After being knocked out of the NAB Cup by Carlton, Essendon look set to make amends for their performance as they take on West Coast at Subiaco this Saturday night.

West Australian draftees Leroy Jetta and Scott Gumbleton could experience their first taste of AFL football in front of a home crowd after being named in the squad of 28.

Mark Johnson, Ricky Dyson, Jay Neagle and Heath Hocking have also come into the squad of 28 while Richard Cole, James Hird, Nathan Lovett-Murray and Scott Lucas have been rested.

The Essendon squad is:

1. Mark Johnson
2. Ricky Dyson
3. Scott Gumbleton
4. Jobe Watson
6. Angus Monfries
7. Leroy Jetta
8. Jason Winderlich
10. Mark McVeigh
11. Damien Peverill
12. Andrew Welsh
13. Andrew Lovett
15. Courtenay Dempsey
16. Kepler Bradley
18. Matthew Lloyd
19. David Hille
20. Henry Slattery
21. Courtney Johns
22. Mal Michael
23. Mark Bolton
24. Brent Stanton
26. Chris Heffernan
27. Jason Laycock
29.. Alwyn Davey
30. Patrick Ryder
31. Dustin Fletcher
34. Jay Neagle
39. Heath Hocking
43. Bachar Houli
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

I wonder if Hislop didnt get a week if he would be in the squad?
bowzer
Top Up Player

Post by bowzer »

going by reports he played a pretty good game for bendigo last week, definatley got some grunt about him which is good to see.

whats the go with Mcphee? not included again.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Injured?
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

Yup he is injured. He is still getting over the bout of osteitis pubis and i think he has a shoulder problem at the moment.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Re: Squad for Saturday

Post by andrewb »

Filthy wrote:Hislop got a week for belting someone...1st offence...what a joke.
Better now than during the season!
Filthy wrote:Jetta and Gumbleton named in squad of 28
Shit... Gumby better kick six, otherwise he'll be in the wasted draft picks thread by Monday ;) There'll be booing from the terraces and DC's Sheedy dartboard will be peppered.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

Shit... Gumby better kick six, otherwise he'll be in the wasted draft picks thread by Monday There'll be booing from the terraces and DC's Sheedy dartboard will be peppered
If in 4 seasons he is playing like Kepler is then yes he will be in the wasted draft pick group.

But lets not be a moron andrew, I have never had harsh words for players in there first couple years.

But lets hope your right and Kepler does get AA status :roll:
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Anyone know what's wrong with Scotty Camporeale? Hasn't played a scratch match yet either...
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

DC wrote:
Shit... Gumby better kick six, otherwise he'll be in the wasted draft picks thread by Monday There'll be booing from the terraces and DC's Sheedy dartboard will be peppered
If in 4 seasons he is playing like Kepler is then yes he will be in the wasted draft pick group.

But lets not be a moron andrew, I have never had harsh words for players in there first couple years.

Kepler has already played for Australia ( in the international rules game here in Perth in 2005)

He must be good so all you doubters should now get off his back :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Doctor Fish wrote:Anyone know what's wrong with Scotty Camporeale?
He spent so much time playing for Carlton that I can't see the red and black on his jumper.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

andrewb wrote:
He spent so much time playing for Carlton that I can't see the red and black on his jumper.

You could say that about a our players following the game on the weekend....
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

gringo wrote:
andrewb wrote:

You could say that about a our players following the game on the weekend....
You could say that....but I wouldn't know why (unless your sole purpose is to be continuously negative about our team) :?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Doctor Fish wrote:Anyone know what's wrong with Scotty Camporeale? Hasn't played a scratch match yet either...
Upper leg injuries - can't remember if they were quads or hamstrings, but he's had a few niggles which have reduced his training load and stopped him from playing.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Doctor Fish wrote:Anyone know what's wrong with Scotty Camporeale? Hasn't played a scratch match yet either...
Upper leg injuries - can't remember if they were quads or hamstrings, but he's had a few niggles which have reduced his training load and stopped him from playing.
Yeah, all of a sudden he's got chronic problems ever since he walked down Napier St...
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

swoodley wrote:
DC wrote:

Kepler has already played for Australia ( in the international rules game here in Perth in 2005)

He must be good so all you doubters should now get off his back :lol:
Would he have played if Sheedy was not the coach? Seems it was similar to Kevin Walsh playing for Victoria in 1986.

Typical stupid response by Andrewb. As DC said, if Gumbleton shows nothing like Bradley has in the next three years, then he will get a thread about him. I normally give players three years, hell I even thoguht Henneman might become a player if he played forward. But if you dont show anything in three years, then you shouldnt be in the team.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Whoever goes to the game, can you give us a report on the game? I would be veyr interested to see how Lloyd, Gumbleton and Jetta go.

- How Thighs goes on Lynch
- how Bradley plays: Was last week just one of those weeks or is he just crap?
- If Welsh kicks it further than 25 meters
- If someone other than Davey runs back and tackles someone.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!