Round 5 v St Kilda

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Round 5 v St Kilda

Post by j-mac31 »

Please just put up a good f****** four quarter effort.

Carlisle or Ambrose has to be out. Maybe Chapman rested if he isn't 100%.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Round 5 v St Kilda

Post by Windy_Hill »

Yeah, need some changes. Poor individual performances should not be rewarded
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Bring in Langford.

Agree either Carlisle or Ambrose need the chop. Gleeson was dreadful today too. Some guys in the magoos need to put in a good one tomorrow...
Essendunny
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

I thought Ambrose was good early.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote:I thought Ambrose was good early.
I don't mind him. But he doesn't do enough.
Essendunny
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

BenDoolan wrote:
In 4 games so far I believe Ambrose definitely has not had a score & I don't think he has even had a shot on goal.
Not good enough for a forward
His pressure act's are OK but our forward line needs more firepower.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

We miss Disco.
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

Gimps wrote:We miss Disco.
No we f****** don't.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Are we going to be dumber this week and lose to a rabble like St. Kilda like we did last year?
Essendunny
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

BenDoolan wrote:Are we going to be dumber this week and lose to a rabble like St. Kilda like we did last year?
Need you ask??
The performance against Collingwood was as dumb as I've seen from this club for many years.
I wasted my whole afternoon watching the match (having many better things to do), and lost count of the number of times I punched the couch and spoke my frustrations of how stupid they were. Among that, I oft pondered if the team has progressed at all in the last few years, because I can remember (too many) matches where we played just as ridiculously.
Many on this forum like to knock the Knights era, but seriously, was yesterday's match much different? Have we learnt anything?
I actually think we have a list capable of just about anything, and when they put it all together they justify that belief, but then there are times like yesterday when I think there must be some "culture" at EFC that makes the players as dumb as, because it just happens way too often.
Rant over and back to your question - no, we'll beat the Saints comfortably. If we'd beaten Collingwood we'd be in jeopardy because expectations would be high and that's when we always lose.
Personally, my expectations are now shot - until we beat every team every time (with the possible exceptions of Hawthorn, Port, Freo & Sydney) I am resigned to nothing but mediocrity from this mob.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

BenDoolan wrote:
Ambrose has to go.
Can't remember the stat, but hasn't hit the scoreboard for yonks. What are forwards for?
Look, I love his hard at it attitude, and competitiveness, but I doubt he sends any kind of shudder through opposition teams because he simply isn't going to hurt anyone on the scoreboard.
And if he's going to be some sort of decoy forward that works more up the ground, well, I'd prefer it was someone more fleet of foot that made more options.
News flash - just figured this out - he'd be better to stay in our goal square, where I'd at least be confident that he'd provide a contest that would give our 'crumbers' a chance. Coz he sure ain't gonna mark it, or kick the goal himself.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Yes - Paddy is a worry atm. Has not progressed this season. We've had 4 Rounds and he has fundamentally been unnoticed - other than for his non-performances.

We desperately need a third tall - lead up forward - the role that Cameri played. Joe is raw and cannot be relied upon and Bucket is just too inconsistent up forward. They also leave the forward line too readily and don't push back hard enough when we get the turn-over in the back half. This is why we tend to chip the ball around instead of quick direct movement.

Do we have any other options? Maybe we give Laverde a go as the 3rd tall.

Also, as others have said, we are in dire need of a quick crumbing forward. They seem to grow on trees at Collingwood.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

BenDoolan wrote: Gleeson was dreadful today too.
From what I saw Gleeson was smashed the head twice by that Neandathal Cloke and no one adequately flew the flag. That really annoyed me yesterday.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
kelvin_sheedy
Top Up Player

Post by kelvin_sheedy »

Depending on form today but I think we need to give either J Merrett or Fantasia a go. Both have got pace and can play forward of the ball. Both have shown glimpses and its the best we've got at the moment.

Maybe even Langford or Laverde but I don't think they're ready yet.

Ashby for Gleeson next week. I like Marty but I don't think at his size he can play more than a dozen games at AFL level this year without breaking down or coming to a complete standstill.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Giles to come in - TBell has been underwhelming so far this year - not hitting out to advantage and doing little around the ground (seems each week he chokes a sitter from 10 m out from goal).
One big structural loss this year is that the ruck doesn't rest in the forward 50 providing the "3rd tall" that some are calling for. Maybe its time for McKernan to be considered.
I am also watching what they are doing with Pears with some interest.
IMO the rest of the suggestions below (apart from blooding the newbies) is simply rearranging the deck chairs until types like Myers can come back in.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

McKernan and Merrett were the two senior list standouts from the VFL today and are in with a big chance of playing against the Saints. Id bring in McKernan for Ambrose and Merrett for Chappy. Buckets and TB get one more chance to make an impact against a young Saints side- if they don't perform then they need to be dropped.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:McKernan and Merrett were the two senior list standouts from the VFL today and are in with a big chance of playing against the Saints. Id bring in McKernan for Ambrose and Merrett for Chappy. Buckets and TB get one more chance to make an impact against a young Saints side- if they don't perform then they need to be dropped.
Welcome back Mrs M! Its been a while!
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

s'dreams wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:McKernan and Merrett were the two senior list standouts from the VFL today and are in with a big chance of playing against the Saints. Id bring in McKernan for Ambrose and Merrett for Chappy. Buckets and TB get one more chance to make an impact against a young Saints side- if they don't perform then they need to be dropped.
Welcome back Mrs M! Its been a while!
haha thanks mate! Yeah I don't really come on here much these days as I don't always have access to internet but thought I would today!
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

If Jerrett doesn't get the call up after today, he's finished.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gimps wrote:If Jerrett doesn't get the call up after today, he's finished.
Not with Kavanagh and O'Brien still on our list...
Essendunny