James Hird

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
stryper
High Draft Pick

James Hird

Post by stryper »

Hird time to step up and stop the rot.
Preasure cooker is building not with losing but attitude seems to be she,ll be right...
Been through so much controversy and Bullshit. ..
Now is the time to take a stand...
We are EssenDon Proud Strong and United...
Prove it and stop the rabble...
Get the killer instinct back...
US against them...
hop
Club Captain

Re: James Hird

Post by hop »

So which one of these bumper stickers is on sale in the lobby?
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

hop wrote:So which one of these bumper stickers is on sale in the lobby?
All available as a package deal. Just don't order online, apparently there's issues with the accuracy and consistency of our delivery. Packages have been known to go sideways and backwards repeatedly without explanation.
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

He's got us playing an absolutely shit brand of footy, mixed with abysmal skills. What an abomination.
Essendunny
kelvin_sheedy
Top Up Player

Post by kelvin_sheedy »

2 years of shit footy under bomber and now hird.

This is when he earns his coaching stripes. Too many players have fallen off the cliff from 2013.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

First year without Thompson to hold his hand and, on the evidence thus far, there's not much to like. If we miss finals this year (more likely than not), he'll be under enormous pressure early next year to justify why he should go beyond his 2016 contract.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

To be fair to James he said in the presser exactly the same that we've been saying on here. f****** handballs instead of kicks, f****** fumbling c**** and f****** slow ball movement.

That to me suggests he is under no illusions and knows what is happening but the pricks on the park aren't listening.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

boncer34 wrote:To be fair to James he said in the presser exactly the same that we've been saying on here. f****** handballs instead of kicks, f****** fumbling c**** and f****** slow ball movement.

That to me suggests he is under no illusions and knows what is happening but the pricks on the park aren't listening.
I'd say that is even more damning for him - it's his job to instill those messages - that's exactly the coach's role. He aint doing it.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

nudder12 wrote:
boncer34 wrote:To be fair to James he said in the presser exactly the same that we've been saying on here. f****** handballs instead of kicks, f****** fumbling c**** and f****** slow ball movement.

I'd say that is even more damning for him - it's his job to instill those messages - that's exactly the coach's role. He aint doing it.
This is the 2nd time this year that Hird & Harvey have said the players are not following their instructions. Whatever he is saying they aren't listening. So is there are disassociation between coaches & players?

Are the players uncoachable, preferring to do their own thing?

If so, Is Hird strong enough to drop guys who are'nt performing? Sheeds wasn't afraid to drop senior guys. (Madden, Caracella, Kickett & Watson etc)

No more "Mr.Nice Guy Hirdy", from now on its "my way or the highway".

Hird will then live or die by his game plan & having players who will carry it out. Including players with some pace. No more dinky handballs to a players feet when he surrounded by opposition players. Kick the friggin' thing & have forwards stationed at home to give them someone to kick to... its not rocket science...but with some of our guys who knows what the thought processes are.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Problem is Hird can't drop these players that fought for his job, it's a dangerous game being played, either get them right and confident or drop them and wear any club/player backlash that may come, culture is under serious pressure now
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Jazz_84 wrote:Problem is Hird can't drop these players that fought for his job, it's a dangerous game being played, either get them right and confident or drop them and wear any club/player backlash that may come, culture is under serious pressure now
Do the players want success or not? If not, f*** off. If so, then welcome the challenges.
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

BenDoolan wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:Problem is Hird can't drop these players that fought for his job, it's a dangerous game being played, either get them right and confident or drop them and wear any club/player backlash that may come, culture is under serious pressure now
Do the players want success or not? If not, f*** off. If so, then welcome the challenges.
sure didn't look like it last night, simply allowed Richmond to pressure them and time and time again simply let them run the ball down the wing with absolute ease and in Fletcher's 400th no less, they don't want it enough
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

what does dempesy have to do to get dropped?? ffs
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

donsgetthere wrote:what does dempesy have to do to get dropped?? ffs
He has been pretty good the past few weeks, def not the worst out there atm!

We need to make a statement this week and drop Bellchambers, Geelong aren't known for having a top ruckman so let Giles or McKernan have a go. Ambrose also needs to go back to the VFL and earn his way back into the side.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

I think James Hird is in a compromised position with the playing list.

Not sure he can make tough calls at the selection table against some 2012 bombers when its bloody painfully obvious he needs too.
I can stomach quiet games from first gamers. Not repetitive offenders from senior/vets.

even if the depth appears pretty shallow, it needs giving a go.

We won't make top 4 from here, its not throw the season but it is definitely time to take some risks with some new talent.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

little_ripper wrote:I think James Hird is in a compromised position with the playing list.

Not sure he can make tough calls at the selection table against some 2012 bombers when its bloody painfully obvious he needs too.
I can stomach quiet games from first gamers. Not repetitive offenders from senior/vets.

even if the depth appears pretty shallow, it needs giving a go.

We won't make top 4 from here, its not throw the season but it is definitely time to take some risks with some new talent.
THIS! Time to start playing some from the VFL that keep knocking on the door and let them prove they have some sort of future in red and black... Some tough calls may need to be made on guys like Chapman soon too- game is starting to go past him
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Well the boys won't follow instructions drop them and bring someone else in no matter who they are. I wonder if Hirdy is far too involved in this saga and his close relationship with the players to make the tough decisions. Do something different because what is being done is NOT working. No more excuses about when such and such comes back how different its going to be. We need change and soon otherwise another year down the gurgler.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

I totally reject the idea that there would be a backlash and Hird might be afraid of compromising his position by dropping anyone. Hirdy has been around long enough to know that ultimately any coach survives or dies on the performance of his team so there is no point in appeasing anyone in the short term. I also believe that most players would respect his actions if he did. It would have been nice last night to hear him say that Richmond had no greater claim to a win then we did and he was going to immediately instigate an inquiry into why the game plan wasnt being adhered to and why skills coaches weren't getting through to the players in the way he expected. Instead I heard him say something vaguely like "Richmond were firing tonight and unfortunately we just fell short." A red rag to a bull for fans who saw something quite horrible and quite different.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

If players aren't following instructions, then they deserve to be dropped no matter how well they appear to be playing...
Don't matter if it's a first year player or a 400 gamer...

Maybe they should get them all to watch re-runs of every premiership team that has a full season on tape...
Every year, the same thing that wins through...pressure the opposition hard all the time, make you hurt when they tackle and/or bump, play for one another and more importantly, for the coach...
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Or they’re just not up to it.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.