The fish rots from the head....

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

The fish rots from the head....

Post by Flip »

....or so said Watson the Elder.

I will be interested to see the reaction from Paul Little in the short term. He took Toll from just another Transport & Logistics Entity into a multi-billion dollar company and became a billionaire himself.

He didn't do it by playing Mr Nice Guy.

Our magnificent Footy Club is clearly in a mess. You don't go from playing Footy like in Rs 1-2 to last night for no reason. Yes WADA is/was unhelpful but the insipidness last night defies logic. Having lost Crameri and Ryder, I can easily see Jake Carlisle already dreaming of a juicy contract in more peaceful surrounds and maybe others.

Perhaps the guys see WADA and then look around and the only one left standing is James.

So what does James do? Just looks glum with either folded arms or hand on chin. I have had doubts of his coaching "ability" but these past 7 weeks have confirmed in my mind he cannot Coach.

He neither inspires, nor is tactically sound match day. He is Conservative beyond belief. He lacks the aura that coaches we have had in the past that say follow me and the troops do. He has lost this group big time.

We need a new Coach untainted by 2013-15.....unjustly or not, but the Club is bigger than the individual.

Perhaps this chap: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/b ... hi6et.html

In any even it will be interesting to see what Mr Little does. If Hird was a Senior Manager at Toll, do you think he would have a job on Monday?

James needs to move for the sake of the EFC. He should afforded the dignity his legacy deserves and be persuaded to resign on his terms. And probably a couple of his middle managers should Google SEEK.

Similarly the same with Chappy; he deserves to retire with dignity, not played out in a rapacious Media. Maybe Fletch too? Maybe straight to Backline Coach? Dunno.....just thinking what Little would do given a free hand as CEO and Chairman at TOLL.

And just games into the kids.....find out who can play like young Orazio last night.....build from a position of strength with a core of top players we have.

Shove Conservatism up your couta and just SO SOMETHING.

Whatever, sitting on your hands is not a option. JUST DO IT PAUL!!
kelvin_sheedy
Top Up Player

Re: The fish rots from the head....

Post by kelvin_sheedy »

Lol. I've worked for Toll. Most of the senior management are underperformed hacks.

They just sold the company to a japanese firm because they cant grow or cut it anymore. Every attempt to grow overseas has failed dismally. Share price was dropping and now they've saved their bacon by selling and crucifying a lot of their Australian workforce.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Flip wrote:....or so said Watson the Elder.

I will be interested to see the reaction from Paul Little in the short term. He took Toll from just another Transport & Logistics Entity into a multi-billion dollar company and became a billionaire himself.

Our magnificent Footy Club is clearly in a mess. You don't go from playing Footy like in Rs 1-2 to last night for no reason. Yes WADA is/was unhelpful but the insipidness last night defies logic. Having lost Crameri and Ryder, I can easily see Jake Carlisle already dreaming of a juicy contract in more peaceful surrounds and maybe others.

Perhaps the guys see WADA and then look around and the only one left standing is James.

So what does James do? Just looks glum with either folded arms or hand on chin. I have had doubts of his coaching "ability" but these past 7 weeks have confirmed in my mind he cannot Coach.

He neither inspires, nor is tactically sound match day. He is Conservative beyond belief. He lacks the aura that coaches we have had in the past that say follow me and the troops do. He has lost this group big time.

We need a new Coach untainted by 2013-15.....unjustly or not, but the Club is bigger than the individual.

In any even it will be interesting to see what Mr Little does. If Hird was a Senior Manager at Toll, do you think he would have a job on Monday?

James needs to move for the sake of the EFC. He should afforded the dignity his legacy deserves and be persuaded to resign on his terms. And probably a couple of his middle managers should Google SEEK.

Similarly the same with Chappy; he deserves to retire with dignity, not played out in a rapacious Media. Maybe Fletch too? Maybe straight to Backline Coach? Dunno.....just thinking what Little would do given a free hand as CEO and Chairman at TOLL.

And just games into the kids.....find out who can play like young Orazio last night.....build from a position of strength with a core of top players we have.

You're so full of shit. Aren't we just a few injured players away from being a great team?
I really cannot be bothered going back and finding all the times you've recently said things that contradict everything above.

Saying Hird "lacks the aura" should be the final step before you get taken away to the nursing home.
You then suggest we jump onto another previous player above other candidates on the basis he was also a good player with us.

The way your opinions fluctuate with your moods with total disregard for previous thoughts or any facts must make you a barrel of laughs to live with.
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

kelvin_sheedy wrote:Lol. I've worked for Toll. Most of the senior management are underperformed hacks.

They just sold the company to a japanese firm because they cant grow or cut it anymore. Every attempt to grow overseas has failed dismally. Share price was dropping and now they've saved their bacon by selling and crucifying a lot of their Australian workforce.
My oath, THIS.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

kelvin_sheedy wrote:Lol. I've worked for Toll. Most of the senior management are underperformed hacks.

So you're saying, potentially, we could have a Japanese coach next year...

8)
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Once Mysey, Hocky, Zaky, Kommy, Browney are back, we'll be top 4 material.
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Gyoza wrote:You're so full of shit. Aren't we just a few injured players away from being a great team?
I really cannot be bothered going back and finding all the times you've recently said things that contradict everything above.

Saying Hird "lacks the aura" should be the final step before you get taken away to the nursing home.
You then suggest we jump onto another previous player above other candidates on the basis he was also a good player with us.

The way your opinions fluctuate with your moods with total disregard for previous thoughts or any facts must make you a barrel of laughs to live with.
And again, THIS.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Flip wrote:....or so said Watson the Elder.

Hilarious, take some lithium and have a lie down.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

BenDoolan wrote:

8)
Found him!
http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/11/05/th ... -in-japan/
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Gyoza wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

8)
Found him!
Sounds like we need someone of the ilk that lead the Palawan Massacre, Sook Ching Massacre, The Massacre of Manilla or perhaps the bloke that used to whip the f*** out of the POW's on the Death Railway.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

BenDoolan wrote:

8)
Could be exciting ... AFL and Iron Chef crossover (eg get a newbie coach in each week to set up the team structre and playing style a quarter) with the pre game rev up being those crazy dominoes things and eating competitions Japanese TV does so well half time entertainment being Manga girls...

Can't wait

Well it couldn't be worse
Last edited by s'dreams on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Gimps wrote:
Gyoza wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

8)
Found him!
Sounds like we need someone of the ilk that lead the Palawan Massacre, Sook Ching Massacre, The Massacre of Manilla or perhaps the bloke that used to whip the f*** out of the POW's on the Death Railway.
Christ mate - even Genghis Kahn couldn't coach last night's rabble to be competitive let alone win
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Its all very easy to jump down Flip's throat and ridicule him but do people believe he has lost the players that is the question. He has faith in them he says but do they have faith in him. Just asking?
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

MH_Bomber wrote:Its all very easy to jump down Flip's throat and ridicule him but do people believe he has lost the players that is the question. He has faith in them he says but do they have faith in him. Just asking?
Given that:
a) We've backed him through 3 years of complete bullshit
b) The players themselves have been given a free pass for the duration by many due to the affects of ASADA/WADA;

You'd think it would be reasonable to give him a bit more time before you start to pull the trigger after a couple of (horrendous) weeks.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

If Carlisle wants to go elsewhere for more cash then let him I say- great trade bait and we may even get something half decent for him.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

MH_Bomber wrote:Its all very easy to jump down Flip's throat and ridicule him but do people believe he has lost the players that is the question. He has faith in them he says but do they have faith in him. Just asking?
Exactly. I've been saying this for a few weeks. And I believe he has lost them.
And maybe it's because he's driving them too hard. We all know what a perfectionist he is.
I think his game plan is too taxing on them. Expecting this 'team defense' thing, where they all have to run deep into defense, and somehow then move the ball quickly forward again. Perhaps it's just not do-able??
So frustrated seeing our forwards getting the ball at half back and further back, and when we get the ball there's no forwards to kick it to.
Maybe that's wearying, and demoralising, for the players too??
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I think we are now realising our worst fears about the effect of the ASADA/WADA saga. Players that were capable are now not capable. Can someone tell me what has happened to Goddard's disposal?

I am holding out a thin hope that someone at WADA has a look at the complete lack of evidence and just pulls the pin on pursuing the case. When we were exonerated the players played fantastically despite not being match fit. As soon as that decision was brought down by WADA we have been rubbish apart from patches as in the North game and Brisbane didnt show up.

What I am worrying about is how we attract any decent new recruits with this hanging over us.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
kelvin_sheedy
Top Up Player

Post by kelvin_sheedy »

Wada fatigue is bullshit.

Our older brigade is slow and crap. Only better than Carlton and that's debatable.

We backed th in. They've let us down.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

What type of role did you have at Toll?
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

nudder12 wrote:
Exactly. I've been saying this for a few weeks. And I believe he has lost them.
And maybe it's because he's driving them too hard. We all know what a perfectionist he is.
I think his game plan is too taxing on them. Expecting this 'team defense' thing, where they all have to run deep into defense, and somehow then move the ball quickly forward again. Perhaps it's just not do-able??
So frustrated seeing our forwards getting the ball at half back and further back, and when we get the ball there's no forwards to kick it to.
Maybe that's wearying, and demoralising, for the players too??
Disagree with the taxing game plan. Team defence is standard with all teams. Likewise rebound footy. All teams get back when possible.
What's taxing on the team is turnovers. Disposal efficiency is diabolical, and handing the ball back to the opposition after missing shots at goal adds to that.
Our midfielders don't work any more than other teams. I don't see our mids running to space into forward 50 to mark & goal any more than the opposition.