Adolf Anderson...I am never wrong....

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Filthy

Adolf Anderson...I am never wrong....

Post by Filthy »

.....and even when I am you can all get stuffed...I won't admit it. Must go to the Rodents school of Public manipulation.

"AFL stays firm on pushing rule despite backlash
Rohan Connolly
March 6, 2007

IF YOU don't like it, shove it. That's the message the AFL sent yesterday to the increasingly vocal chorus of coaches demanding the controversial new hands-in-the-back umpiring interpretation be scrapped.

AFL football operations manager Adrian Anderson said last night there would be no backtracking by the league on its stricter policing of the push-in-the-back rule, despite the growing agitation of coaches in charge of players struggling to come to grips with the new order.

"We're not going to change any rules or interpretations on the eve of a season," Anderson said. "We've followed a detailed and thorough consultative process with coaches and a variety of other people in the game have provided their input, and we will seek the input of coaches and various others at the end of this season, like we did last season."

Sydney coach Paul Roos has called on the AFL Coaches Association to demand the interpretation be thrown out when it meets on March 20, and has support from Richmond counterpart Terry Wallace, while Mick Malthouse, Kevin Sheedy and Rodney Eade all recently have voiced their concerns.

The association yesterday sent a survey to its members on the issue, the results of which chief executive Peter Allen said most likely would be presented to the league. "If the majority view is they're unhappy with it, then we will ask the AFL to revisit the rule and ask for a meeting with Adrian Anderson," Allen said.

Collingwood defender James Clement, a stern critic of the new policy (its your fault cheat), and who along with Essendon's Mal Michael and Richmond veteran Darren Gaspar has been identified as one of the most likely victims of the new interpretation, yesterday called on the AFL Players Association to lend its support.

"I think it's a smart move by the coaches association, and I think the players' association could probably put their hand up as well and objectively sit down with the AFL at the end of the NAB pre-season competition and talk about rule changes, what's worked and what hasn't, and maybe come to some compromise," he said.

"You would like to think the AFL would at least listen to everyone's case and look at it objectively, and if there was a scenario where the rules weren't working and that a majority of players, coaches, officials at clubs and spectators didn't like the rule changes, then they would probably wind them back."

But Anderson, who sought input from the coaches before the new interpretation was announced last November, said the time for debate had come and gone.

"Every coach had the opportunity to comment on the interpretation before it was introduced, and most clubs and players have adapted professionally and well," he said.

Anderson said an average of only 1.1 free kicks per team had been paid under the new interpretation so far during the NAB Cup, with only eight free kicks recorded during last weekend's quarter-finals.

"The players are adapting well, and it's a credit to the vast majority of players and coaches how well they have adapted," he said.

Clement, Collingwood's vice-captain and dual All-Australian and best-and-fairest winner, doubted whether former Carlton champion full-back Stephen Silvagni would get a game in the new environment.

"I think the way the game has evolved, people have started using their bodies, and I suppose hands are part of that," he said.

"You talk about the AFL game being over 100 years old, and how great that game is … the AFL decided to put together a team of the century, and they saw fit that the best full-back in 100 years was Stephen Silvagni, and if he couldn't use his hands, then I'd suggest he wouldn't be full-back of the century, and probably wouldn't be getting a game these days."

But his call to the players association to involve itself in the row is unlikely to be heeded. AFLPA chief executive Brendon Gale, who is on the AFL rules committee, said while sympathetic to the plight of players struggling with the new interpretation, he doubted whether the player union had the mechanisms in place to make an immediate difference."
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

This is why our game is f*****.

Supporters hate it. Coaches hate it. The players probably hate it. But at least the wankers who are in control of the league are aroused and satisfied that the game has become more complicated, frustrating and difficult to umpire, then it must be OK.

Go and get f***** Anderson, Demetriou and the clan of clowns that comprise the pathetic rules committee. You are a dispicable collection of twats.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

BenDoolan wrote:This is why our game is f*****.

Supporters hate it. Coaches hate it. The players probably hate it. But at least the wankers who are in control of the league are aroused and satisfied that the game has become more complicated, frustrating and difficult to umpire, then it must be OK.

Go and get f***** Anderson, Demetriou and the clan of clowns that comprise the pathetic rules committee. You are a dispicable collection of twats.
You only have to listen to KB's morning rants about it on SEN. Blimey, the guy must be wearing earplugs or something! Isn't willing to even contemplate the thought that the pissing competition that is the rules committee, might be in the wrong on this one. Silly old codger...
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

AFL needs to realise the Aussie Rules Footy is bigger tha their organisation. Its going to take something big (boycott), to send the message. How about everyone boycotts the NAB Grand Final? We can still watch and support our tema during the regular season but still do something big enough to shove it up the leaders of the AFL.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Actually, only a few of the coaches have come out strongly against it....Roos and Malthouse have been he most vocal. A few others have said that they would have preferred it to be tested in the NAB cup whilst the rest have either said nothing or approved of the change.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

The coaches who have come out an attacked the rule changes are Roos, Malthouse, Eade, Wallace and Sheedy.

So far the rule has affected the following players most seriously: Barry, Clement, Gaspar and Michael.....any see the link???

Although I had to laugh at that fool Clement's comments that with these rule changes that Steve Silvangi would struggle to get a games these days.

This rule change will basically drive this guy out of the upper echeloen of players and he, and his equally pathetic coach, is sure as hell sooking about it every opportunity he gets. It also shows just how much of a joke it is that this guy has two All-Australians compared to Fletcher's one!!!!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Believe me guys, when these free kicks are paid in front of goal, you will be spewing buckets. There is nothing worse when a game is controlled by insignificant free kicks in front of goal. A push is a push, but a hand on the back is f*** ALL.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

"We're not going to change any rules or interpretations on the eve of a season," Anderson said. "We've followed a detailed and thorough consultative process with coaches and a variety of other people in the game have provided their input, and we will seek the input of coaches and various others at the end of this season, like we did last season."

What the f***???

Every F****** year these geese change the rules on the eve of the season. The Bombers had one official practice match (NAB vs CArlton) in which to experience the rule under something resembling normal conditions.

Consultative??? Bullshit - The people you are saying you consulted with are now telling you the rule is crap. Someone isnt telling the truth here Adolph!!

He is, a Knob of the highest order this man.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:Believe me guys, when these free kicks are paid in front of goal, you will be spewing buckets. There is nothing worse when a game is controlled by insignificant free kicks in front of goal. A push is a push, but a hand on the back is f*** ALL.
See our NAB cup match for proof of that!
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Windy_Hill wrote:
What the f***???

Every F****** year these geese change the rules on the eve of the season. The Bombers had one official practice match (NAB vs CArlton) in which to experience the rule under something resembling normal conditions.

Consultative??? Bullshit - The people you are saying you consulted with are now telling you the rule is crap. Someone isnt telling the truth here Adolph!!

A shifty little bugger me thinks Windy. Whenever Adrian appears on television, he kinda looks like he's trying to sell you a turd sandwich, instead of a multimillion dollar sporting spectacular that is the AFL. I have no idea who he was before he took up his current appointment, but I'm sure it must have involved fecal matter and bread... :wink:
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

Doctor Fish wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
What the f***???

A shifty little bugger me thinks Windy. Whenever Adrian appears on television, he kinda looks like he's trying to sell you a turd sandwich, instead of a multimillion dollar sporting spectacular that is the AFL. I have no idea who he was before he took up his current appointment, but I'm sure it must have involved fecal matter and bread... :wink:
Well Doc...he is a Lawyer. :D
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Filthy wrote:
Doctor Fish wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
What the f***???

Well Doc...he is a Lawyer. :D
1+1=2
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

The only way the AFL will realise how much against these rules changes we are, is when it hurts their pockets. How can we control it? Don't watch footy!

Why, sit their just to complain and not watch enjoyable football?

The only game's I will be watching are Esendon games and if we don't perform early, I wont watch AFL...PERIOD!

Why? I'm so pashionate about this game I will totally boycott it so it is returned to its former glory.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Is the 30 second "shot clock" still in vogue or is that just another gimmick that has fallen by the way side? I'm f****** losing track of these "fantastic" ideas that are introduced then disappear without a trace!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Essendon4eva wrote:The only way the AFL will realise how much against these rules changes we are, is when it hurts their pockets. How can we control it? Don't watch footy!

The only game's I will be watching are Esendon games and if we don't perform early, I wont watch AFL...PERIOD!

Why? I'm so pashionate about this game I will totally boycott it so it is returned to its former glory.

You know what, you are right. When I really think about it, I dont like watching the game anymore unless the Bombers are playing. Its just become so dull and predicatable.

I tell you, this Administration had better watch out. The love of the Victory could one day usurp our love of our club. Then who will watch this sanitised, boring game called AFL
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:The only way the AFL will realise how much against these rules changes we are, is when it hurts their pockets. How can we control it? Don't watch footy!

You know what, you are right. When I really think about it, I dont like watching the game anymore unless the Bombers are playing. Its just become so dull and predicatable.

I tell you, this Administration had better watch out. The love of the Victory could one day usurp our love of our club. Then who will watch this sanitised, boring game called AFL
Sorry Windy, but I don't agree on this. As long as the advertisers want to pay the TV stations to show their ads, the TV stations will pay the AFL the big money to be able to show the games.

Sure there are people who will turn off, but there will be others coming through who will start watching.

As for all the hype about the victory...give me a break. If (when) they start losing, the support will drop off just like it has with the glory over here.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

swoodley wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

Sorry Windy, but I don't agree on this. As long as the advertisers want to pay the TV stations to show their ads, the TV stations will pay the AFL the big money to be able to show the games.

Sure there are people who will turn off, but there will be others coming through who will start watching.

As for all the hype about the victory...give me a break. If (when) they start losing, the support will drop off just like it has with the glory over here.
I agree with Windy and when we the supporters start leaving this basketball type game for Soccer, Rugby, League or what ever other sport that is becoming much more attractive to watch then these advertisers wont be paying these big bucks for their ads to be shown any longer.

The way that the AFL is going I dont think that this point is all that far away especially if they keep bringing in stupid rule changes that make the game even more unwatchable!!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

I hear what you're saying, but I still disagree.

I went to the game on Saturday and found the new rule was applied very inconsistently.

However, it didn't seriously impact the overall spectacle and I would go and watch another game this week if we were playing here in Perth.

If the bombers start winning games, everyone will be wanting to go and see them play, regardless of this rule.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

[quote="swoodley"]

I went to the game on Saturday and found the new rule was applied very inconsistently.

quote]
It wouldn't be an AFL game if the umpires were consistent.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons »

I'm leaving next week to go overseas for 4 months.

Couldn't have planned it any better. Can't stand the rubbish state of the game at the moment.
I think Anderson and Bartlett need a good punch in the head!!