Stants

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Stants

Post by Flip » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:58 am

Dear Philip,

Essendon Football Club is pleased to announce Brent Stanton will return to the Bombers next season.

The 30-year old has agreed to a one year contract that will see him ‘Don the Sash’ for the 2017 season.

Stanton said the football program John Worsfold has established at the Club fills him with confidence.

“I took the time I needed to make sure I made the right decision for myself, my family and the footy Club, and I’m really excited about playing on next season,” Stanton said.

“Being a one club player with Essendon is something that is really important to me. Witnessing the spirit and performance from the boys this season, and also our loyal members and supporters, gives me great confidence in the direction of the football Club.

“As a senior player it’s great to see Woosha’s drive and ambition. The structure, culture and vision he’s established at the football Club will help us become a really competitive team and hopefully build success for everyone involved with the Essendon Football Club.”

Chief Executive Officer, Xavier Campbell, said Stanton’s commitment was a great show of faith for the future of the Club.

“Brent is a fantastic Club person and I know his decision to return for the 2017 season will be well received by our members and supporters, but in particular by his team mates who have great respect for him,” Campbell said.

“For Brent to be a one club player will mean a lot to him and a lot to us as a football Club.

“I’m proud to see Brent is committed to being a part of what we believe will be an exciting journey.”

Senior Coach, John Worsfold, said he was thrilled Stanton had made the decision to continue his career at Essendon next season.

“We’ve got a very clear pathway for where we are heading and Brent’s experience and leadership will play a big part in those plans,” Worsfold said.

"Brent's effort and commitment is unquestionable. He has fantastic endurance, drives high professional standards and is a wonderful role model for our younger players."

List and Recruiting Manager, Adrian Dodoro, said Stanton’s recommitment was another significant announcement for the Club.

“Brent has always been a player who has put the Essendon Football Club first,” Dodoro said.

“His genuine love for the Club is clearly demonstrated through his decision to play on next season and we’re really looking forward to the opportunities that 2017 will bring.”

Brent Stanton joins Tom Bellchambers, Dyson Heppell, David Myers, Cale Hooker, Travis Colyer and Heath Hocking as the seventh Bomber to recommit to the Club.

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Re: Stants

Post by boncer34 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:10 pm

Probably won't be as well received by some as it is me but f*** I'm happy he's back.

vingertje vingertje vingertje =D> =D> =D> =D>
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:12 pm

Every club needs someone to set the benchmark for the offseason :wink:
Happy he re-signed if for no other reason that the so called mass exodus is now one less and the media can go suck on them apples... :lol:
Last edited by Crazyman on Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:19 pm

Good news!

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:36 pm

Thank you Stants for coming back. Let's hope some other follow suit. =D> =D> =D>
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:37 pm

boncer34 wrote:Probably won't be as well received by some as it is me but f*** I'm happy he's back.

vingertje vingertje vingertje =D> =D> =D> =D>
Precisely. Probably/maybe overtaken by the mosquito fleet but a big f**k you to the AFL and the Football Media and good on him

Daisy..1
High Draft Pick

Post by Daisy..1 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:41 pm

It's like waiting for the water to get hot...we are Luke warm at present, we will be steamy hot as soon as Hurls signs...until then...we must be patient...fingers toes.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:19 pm

Big deal. He had a year to go on his current contract anyway (performance based for 2016, but that was taken away from him). The club had no option.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:31 pm

BenDoolan wrote:Big deal. He had a year to go on his current contract anyway (performance based for 2016, but that was taken away from him). The club had no option.
He's best mates with Hurls ya grump.

Maybe he'll be useful there

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:58 pm

boncer34 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Big deal. He had a year to go on his current contract anyway (performance based for 2016, but that was taken away from him). The club had no option.

Do you honestly believe Hurley would sign just because Stanton took his 2nd year option? Or conversely, decides not to sign because Stanton pulls the pin on his career?

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:37 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

Do you honestly believe Hurley would sign just because Stanton took his 2nd year option? Or conversely, decides not to sign because Stanton pulls the pin on his career?
I honestly believe it can't hurt to have his best mate at the club.

hop
Club Captain

Post by hop » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:48 pm

So Stantonitis has infected Hurley and he will return because he has a stable pony. :roll:

I just hope we're not paying him overs.

We already have enough blokes on our top-up list who can be out sprinted by ruck-men and who can chip the ball into trouble.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:53 pm

boncer34 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

We all know Hurley is contracted for next year anyway. If he decides "I'm wanting out of my contract because Brent isn't here", then he can pack his bags now. Because it is more than likely Brent won't be at the club in 2018.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:23 pm

This is great news.

1. Stants will be a significantly more important player without the pressure of being a key on baller. The emergence of Parish and Merrett will allow Stants to play his preferred outside link man role. Will be good for 25 disposals a game with ample F50 entries.

2. The more players from amongst the 12 who sign on or commit to the club makes it that little bit harder for Hurley to walk with a clear conscious.

j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:45 pm

Meh.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:47 am

Just for the hell of it - welcome back Stants!
=D> =D> =D>

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:26 am

BenDoolan wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

We all know Hurley is contracted for next year anyway. If he decides "I'm wanting out of my contract because Brent isn't here", then he can pack his bags now. Because it is more than likely Brent won't be at the club in 2018.
I got a bottle of Laphroaig that says he plays in 2018? :lol:

nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:16 pm

As useless as he was becoming, He'll certainly provide something better than Gleeson etc.

Also its not so much about the fact he'll be back playing, i think the most important aspect is that he resigned during the "mass exodus" :roll: that sends another important message.

j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:18 pm

BTW this means Cooney has to go at the end of the year.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:17 pm

j-mac31 wrote:BTW this means Cooney has to go at the end of the year.
If that's the trade off, I'm all for it. Welcome back Stants!!