We can beat cold toast

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

We can beat cold toast

Post by desmondo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:23 pm

I reckon we are a definate chance to beat the cold toast, if we can come-how keep the reins on Lynch. With their entire mid-field missing and other injuries it just about evens us up. Played in Melbourne. We will miss Goddard but hopefully some-one else stands up for us and does his role. GO BOMBERS!!.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: We can beat cold toast

Post by Windy_Hill » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:40 pm

I pray you're wrong

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:28 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:I pray you're wrong
Amen.

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:54 pm

Gimps wrote:
Amen.
Why?

We have to win twice to avoid the spoon.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:34 pm

boncer34 wrote:
Gimps wrote:
Amen.
Why?

We have to win twice to avoid the spoon.
Not if Brisbane get pumped every week.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:41 am

Wooden Spoon doesn't count this year, just as our Top 8 finish didn't count in 2013.

What will count is the Number 1 Draft pick. Desiring anything other than that is just dumb sentimentality.

I want revenge...not meaningless records.

j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:17 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:Wooden Spoon doesn't count this year, just as our Top 8 finish didn't count in 2013.

What will count is the Number 1 Draft pick. Desiring anything other than that is just dumb sentimentality.

I want revenge...not meaningless records.
Cool. I go to the games every week wanting to win.

Also this year's draft doesn't have a stand out one or even two or three top picks.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

rockhole
Club Captain

Post by rockhole » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:44 pm

For Essendon to turn around and win a game now after the fans have endured the worst season ever would almost amount to a betrayal.

FFS if we are to get anything out of this total disaster, lets not f*** up our ability to have the No. 1 draft pick.

In the light of our current circumstances, I don't give a shit if we finish last. Any stats are rendered useless when half of your f****** team is suspended on the say so of some European court based on hearsay rather than hard evidence.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:10 am

rockhole wrote:For Essendon to turn around and win a game now after the fans have endured the worst season ever would almost amount to a betrayal.

FFS if we are to get anything out of this total disaster, lets not f*** up our ability to have the No. 1 draft pick.

In the light of our current circumstances, I don't give a shit if we finish last. Any stats are rendered useless when half of your f****** team is suspended on the say so of some European court based on a hunch rather than hard evidence.
Fixed.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:04 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
rockhole wrote:For Essendon to turn around and win a game now after the fans have endured the worst season ever would almost amount to a betrayal.

In the light of our current circumstances, I don't give a shit if we finish last. Any stats are rendered useless when half of your f****** team is suspended on the say so of some European court based on a hunch rather than hard evidence.
Fixed.
Listening on the radio both teams are terrible, I think we may be a tad worse. Number one sounds safe in our hands.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:04 pm

BenDoolan wrote:

Fixed.
Listening on the radio both teams are terrible, I think we may be a tad worse. Number one sounds safe in our hands.

God how good was it to hear our song. I had almost forgotten what it sounded like. Just amazing, thanks to the players.
Last edited by mdso on Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:05 pm

Yep it was a terrible game to watch (full of mistakes from both sides) BUT geez it felt good. =D> vingertje

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:32 pm

.....and we did!

Bloody Ripper!

Heard it on the Radio,when it wasn't going flat.

16 000 at the Dome today,though 99% of that figure were our Supporters!

Well done Bombers!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Have a crack at the Doggies next week.Let's try and piss 'Em off,like they did with us,when we last dominated them. :twisted:

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:56 pm

Nice to see everyone so up and about. f****** cracking win! The umpires tried to f*** us, but we still got over the line.

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:16 pm

Gimps wrote:Nice to see everyone so up and about. f****** cracking win! The umpires tried to f*** us, but we still got over the line.
We scrapped in despite crap skills and crap umpiring, especially bad umpiring in Q3. They had no friggin' idea those guys, #13 & #31 were just junk and should be dropped to country juniors.

The song was great today.

hop
Club Captain

Post by hop » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:23 pm

The little maggot who looked like Sam Mitchel was itching to give everything the Suns way.

3 frees to the pin up boy - Lynch - for 2 goals - Oh dear how sad......Never mind

If only Joey was mollycoddled as much :roll:

Mighty effort by Cooney and Kelly.

Great to see Zaka back in the thick of it - he is clearly carrying something cant move into 2nd gear.
Connor Mckenna - Iove this kid! head over it and doesn't stop trying.
Zerrit - Captain my Captain - 100% record young man!!!!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:51 pm

desmondo wrote:Yep it was a terrible game to watch (full of mistakes from both sides) BUT geez it felt good. =D> vingertje
That's pretty much my feeling.

With such a small crowd and such crap skills, it felt like I was watching suburban footy.

But anyway a win is a win. I enjoyed it and I think the players looked like they enjoyed it too. :D vingertje

robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:41 pm

I don't care how bad the game was it was just good to WIN!

Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:08 pm

The only home game I've missed was Rnd 2 so it was good to hear the song after the match!

Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:14 pm

F111 wrote:
Gimps wrote:Nice to see everyone so up and about. f****** cracking win! The umpires tried to f*** us, but we still got over the line.
We scrapped in despite crap skills and crap umpiring, especially bad umpiring in Q3. They had no friggin' idea those guys, #13 & #31 were just junk and should be dropped to country juniors.

The song was great today.
Maggot 2 is worse. Looks so young should be down at Flinders St selling papers. The one who didn't pay that Del OOB to Goddard couple of weeks ago. In the bracket of Nicholls and Margetts. Gifted them at least 3 today.