Could we lose the Number One Draft Pick....

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Post Reply
Flip
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 2388
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:56 pm

Could we lose the Number One Draft Pick....

Post by Flip » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:16 am

.........to perennial loser, tin rattling Clubs whose lack of success creates moans & whinges of give us Priority Picks by the AFLSSR? (Assuming we don't win again this year)

We have been kicked from pillar to post for Bad Governance not PEDs that even the AFL's own Court found us not guilty of. This would be the Final Insult and kick in the guts....that and the possibility of Jobe's Brownlow being forfeited unfairly.

"It's hardly skid row. And enough evidence to suggest that Brisbane, too, could be back in the game provided they exercise a little more astute judgment when it comes to their list and their football department.

The AFL already leaves the door ajar for criticism about the integrity of the competition with an uneven draw, different levels of financial assistance and scheduling and commercial favours for this club or that. Why it would even countenance the potential for more is anyone's guess. Particularly on such a flimsy pretext as this latest example
."

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl/afl ... qpkkf.html

PS It just pisses me off to see WB, GWS, Melbourne running around winning games because of Special Grants, Priority Picks and Loans from the AFLSSR on money made by us, the Pies, Poos, WCE, Adelaide and Richmond. Without the money generated by the big Clubs these losers wouldn't exist. AFL; the most compromised and contrived "competition" in the World of Team sport. :(
Last edited by Flip on Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12273
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Could we lose our 1st round pick....

Post by Windy_Hill » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:52 am

We won't lose our first pick. Case closed.

Flip
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 2388
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:56 pm

Could we lose the Number One Draft Pick....

Post by Flip » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:19 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:We won't lose our first pick. Case closed.
Sorry Windy I meant we lose the Number One Draft Pick, assuming we don't win one but as I write the Bears are 40 points up over the Poos so maybe not be an issue unless for example the AFLSSR give them the 1st 2 picks Compensation for Incompetence..

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12273
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Could we lose the Number One Draft Pick....

Post by Windy_Hill » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:40 pm

Flip wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:We won't lose our first pick. Case closed.
Sorry Windy I meant we lose the Number One Draft Pick, assuming we don't win one but as I write the Bears are 40 points up over the Poos so maybe not be an issue unless for example the AFLSSR give them the 1st 2 picks Compensation for Incompetence..

Sorry that's what I meant....we won't lose the Number 1 Pick

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Could we lose the Number One Draft Pick....

Post by grassy1 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:22 am

Errrr,........anything wrong with picks 2,3 and 4?Or 5,6 and 7?

Is the draft pool that bereft of talent past the 1st pick?I really do think there is too much hoo ha about having Number 1 sometimes! :roll:

I assume the club is doing some homework on this year's Draft?! [-o<

At the same time,can we can be a pain in the arse to the Eagles and force them to at least Excercise their Father/Son pick on Waterman at pick 13? 8)

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12273
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Could we lose the Number One Draft Pick....

Post by Windy_Hill » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:49 am

grassy1 wrote:Errrr,........anything wrong with picks 2,3 and 4?Or 5,6 and 7?

Is the draft pool that bereft of talent past the 1st pick?I really do think there is too much hoo ha about having Number 1 sometimes! :roll:

I assume the club is doing some homework on this year's Draft?! [-o<

At the same time,can we can be a pain in the arse to the Eagles and force them to at least Excercise their Father/Son pick on Waterman at pick 13? 8)
There's a significant difference...

Points value for Academy selections
Trade Value for this or future draft
First selection of the best players in the Draft...regardless of the lack of standout.
And most pertinently....first selection in the PSD which could be a crucial negotiating tool with hard to deal with clubs.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Could we lose the Number One Draft Pick....

Post by grassy1 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:22 am

What,between even 1st and 2nd picks?Seriously?!

mdso
Club Captain
Posts: 3171
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:55 am
Location: Merimbula, Far South Coast of N.SW.

Re: Could we lose the Number One Draft Pick....

Post by mdso » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:50 am

grassy1 wrote:What,between even 1st and 2nd picks?Seriously?!
exactly and let's face it, if the AFL want to make another example of us, they will. Nothing we can do about it.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

User avatar
j-mac31
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15233
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: The city of brotherly love (Detroit)

Re: Could we lose the Number One Draft Pick....

Post by j-mac31 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:24 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:And most pertinently....first selection in the PSD which could be a crucial negotiating tool with hard to deal with clubs.
Priority picks don't affect the pre-season draft.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12273
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Could we lose the Number One Draft Pick....

Post by Windy_Hill » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:09 am

j-mac31 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:And most pertinently....first selection in the PSD which could be a crucial negotiating tool with hard to deal with clubs.
Priority picks don't affect the pre-season draft.

Sorry...don't follow you.

What I am saying is finishing last will also provide us with first pick in the PSD. So if a club is being unreasonable about trading a want away player, he can simply walk to us via the PSD

User avatar
Gimps
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7846
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: Bumfuck Idaho

Re: Could we lose the Number One Draft Pick....

Post by Gimps » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:02 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:And most pertinently....first selection in the PSD which could be a crucial negotiating tool with hard to deal with clubs.
Priority picks don't affect the pre-season draft.

Sorry...don't follow you.

What I am saying is finishing last will also provide us with first pick in the PSD. So if a club is being unreasonable about trading a want away player, he can simply walk to us via the PSD
Let's hope we're not going to use this on Ballantyne

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Could we lose the Number One Draft Pick....

Post by grassy1 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:38 am

Hope not.

May kick a goal or three from time to time,but we need a whole lot more than that.

User avatar
j-mac31
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15233
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: The city of brotherly love (Detroit)

Re: Could we lose the Number One Draft Pick....

Post by j-mac31 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:53 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:And most pertinently....first selection in the PSD which could be a crucial negotiating tool with hard to deal with clubs.
Priority picks don't affect the pre-season draft.

Sorry...don't follow you.

What I am saying is finishing last will also provide us with first pick in the PSD. So if a club is being unreasonable about trading a want away player, he can simply walk to us via the PSD
I thought this thread was about Brisbane asking for a priority pick.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

Post Reply