Darcy Parish 4th

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Darcy Parish 4th

Post by BenDoolan » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:28 pm

In this year's Rising Star award. Finished behind Callum Mills, Caleb Daniel and Jacob Weitering.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

s'dreams
Club Captain

Re: Darcy Parish 4th

Post by s'dreams » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:35 pm

Reasonable call given the current selection panel have a strong bias for players in dominant and winning sides (they were the AA selectors after all) ... but I wonder why someone who only got nominated in round 16 would be the runaway winner (nine of the ten judges gave max votes with the dissenter giving 4 out of five votes)?
Anyway... congrats to Darcy Parish who has had a stellar year on debut and looks to have the goods to be elite within a couple of years.
s'd.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:57 pm

The CEO of the league didn't give Darcy a vote.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:17 pm

BERT wrote:The CEO of the league didn't give Darcy a vote.
Doesn't go to, or watch Essendon games.

BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:06 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Doesn't go to, or watch Essendon games.
I don't think he is welcome at Essendon games.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:19 pm

Bottom line is Walla would have won in a landslide had he been eligible (and he should have been)

It's a dumb award and I agree with a recent press article that stated it should be Best First Year player.

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:36 am

Windy_Hill wrote:Bottom line is Walla would have won in a landslide had he been eligible (and he should have been)

It's a dumb award and I agree with a recent press article that stated it should be Best First Year player.
Already have one of those.

Wait for the AFLPA awards.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:43 am

Bloody joke. Look at stats that matter. Contested Ball, possessions, playing in bottom side with lesser skilled players around him, drafted and becomes instantly vital inside mid in first year at 73kgs, etc etc. Obviously degree of difficulty in positions played and circumstances doesn't matter to these "expert selectors" clowns.

AFLPA Awards. Darce is nominated. Mills isn't.....by his peers!

And Zak didn't get a vote last year.....how much is he worth on open market now?

Who won it last year? Jesse "chuck a wobbly" Hogan ....pansted by Harts in R2. 8th in their B&F .............vs Zak our B&F by a 100 votes.

AFL displays that it is a joke of an organisation.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_p ... 2=S&type=T

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:09 pm

Of course not, what would you expect! (Am being bitchy aren't I?)
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:18 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:It's a dumb award and I agree with a recent press article that stated it should be Best First Year player.
Would Petracca have been eligible for that this year, or would he just miss out completely.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:54 pm

j-mac31 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:It's a dumb award and I agree with a recent press article that stated it should be Best First Year player.
Would Petracca have been eligible for that this year, or would he just miss out completely.
That's the thing...there has to be a criteria and no matter how you cut it, someone will be ineligible...

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:51 am

Flip wrote: AFLPA Awards. Darce is nominated. Mills isn't.....by his peers!
Do you even know how this process works?

And Hogan v Merrett THIS year has f*** all to do with an award based on last year you idiot. Noone predicted Merret to be THIS good this year.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:24 am

Wouldn't mind Hogan in our forward line...

Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:12 am

boncer34 wrote:

And Hogan v Merrett THIS year has f*** all to do with an award based on last year you idiot. Noone predicted Merret to be THIS good this year.
Oh piss off you Neanderthal idiot. You cherry pick one comment and ignore the facts that Parish just on the basis of Degree of Difficulty Parish had by far....by far....the hardest gig of any of those 5 and killed them in stats as a inside mid in his 1st year. It is a f****** joke.

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:58 am

Flip wrote:
Bloody joke. Look at stats that matter. Contested Ball, possessions, playing in bottom side with lesser skilled players around him, drafted and becomes instantly vital inside mid in first year at 73kgs, etc etc. Obviously degree of difficulty in positions played and circumstances doesn't matter to these "expert selectors" clowns.

And Zak didn't get a vote last year.....how much is he worth on open market now?

Who won it last year? Jesse "chuck a wobbly" Hogan ....pansted by Harts in R2. 8th in their B&F .............vs Zak our B&F by a 100 votes.

Might be time to remove the patch from your second eye matey...

Didn't you also go on a rant about Rama losing it when Haselby won, as it was easier for Haselby to perform in an inferior team? #samesamebutdifferent

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:37 am

Flip wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

Oh piss off you Neanderthal idiot. You cherry pick one comment and ignore the facts that Parish just on the basis of Degree of Difficulty Parish had by far....by far....the hardest gig of any of those 5 and killed them in stats as a inside mid in his 1st year. It is a f****** joke.
I actually commented on 2 parts of your post but I'm the neanderthal idiot?

:lol:

So you do or don't know how the AFLPA awards work?

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:47 am

Gimps wrote:
Flip wrote:

Didn't you also go on a rant about Rama losing it when Haselby won, as it was easier for Haselby to perform in an inferior team? #samesamebutdifferent
Watch out mate if you disagree with him again non-neanderthal Filth will threaten to get his nephew to bash you again. :lol:

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:18 pm

boncer34 wrote:
Gimps wrote:
Flip wrote:

Watch out mate if you disagree with him again non-neanderthal Filth will threaten to get his nephew to bash you again. :lol:
Still shaking in my boots. Done more shaking than Ali and Michael J. Fox combined, since that day.

Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:33 pm

Gimps....never threatened or even intimated you re my nephew. It was Wobbie after he called my daughter a "whore" & Sgt Nephew saw it and was shall we say .... very upset.

I have privately settled any issues we may have had. Bouncer seems to want to continue a one way War. Boring. Not interested. I respect you unlike your mate.

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:41 pm

Flip wrote:Gimps....never threatened or even intimated you re my nephew. It was Wobbie after he called my daughter a "whore" & Sgt Nephew saw it and was shall we say .... very upset.

I have privately settled any issues we may have had. Bouncer seems to want to continue a one way War. Boring. Not interested. I respect you unlike your mate.
Right threatening Robbie instead of Gimps makes it much less of a neanderthal reaction. Flog.

So, again, hows the AFLPA award work? Oh that's right your "ignoring" me. Must have been some other hero that called me a neanderthal coz I dare disagreed with their tripe.