Our best team at present

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
jayden1990
High Draft Pick

Our best team at present

Post by jayden1990 »

What do you all think our best starting 22 is ??

Comment !!

Back: M.McVeigh(10) M.Michael(22) A.Welsh(12)

Half Back: A.McPhee(33) D.Fletcer(31) N.Lovett-Murray

Centre: R.Dyson(2) J.Watson(4) B.Stanton(24)

Half Foward: J.Hird(5) S.Lucas(25) A.Monfries(6)

Foward: A.Lovett(13) M.Lloyd(18) C.Johns(21)

Ruck: M.Johnson(1) J.Johnson(14) D.Hille(19)

Interchange: S.Camporeali(17) J.Nash(38) J.Laycock(27) A.Davey(29)

Emergencies: K.Bradley(16) J.Winderlich(8) H.Slattery(20) D.Peverill(11)
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by AnarchicBomber »

Of the 26 you've listed I would put Slattery and Bradley in ahead of Welsh and Nash.

I have a feeling Jetta is ready to go and Sheeds won't be able to resist the temptation to play someone of his ability and entertainment value.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

If you believe Winderlich wont start on the ground let alone in the team.

Im going to burn something down.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Jason Johnson, Scott Camporeale, Jay Nash and Jason Laycock are not ready injury wise...

But if you're talking about for the whole season then JJ, Nash and Laycock should be there. Not convinced of Campo's value at our club as a player.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

nomolos wrote:If you believe Winderlich wont start on the ground let alone in the team.

Im going to burn something down.
Agreed. I'd have him in in front of Dyson at this point in time...
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Like the team, but Winders should be in there ahead of Welsh, Nash and Campo.
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

With all the kids with skills coming along, I'd have to imagine we've got a better option than Welsh in the BP now. He's got courage and can take a grab... but his disposal hasn't improved since he arrived. It's almost Bradley-esque (which is not good).

I also like McVeigh playing up the ground more, where he can deliver to the forward line. he's got a beauty of a pass on him when he actually decides to use it well.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

I think we might go something like this round 1......(given injuries, and assuming Johns comes up)

M.Johnson Michael, Welsh
NLM, Fletcher, Ryder
Stanton,Winderlich Dyson
Monfries, Johns, Lucas
Davey, Lloyd, Lovett

Ruck: Hille,Watson, McVeigh
Bench: Hird,Jetta,Peverill,Slattery

I know Hird on the bench might seem strange, but I would love Hirdy too be used sparingly and whereever necessary
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

Given JJ and Campo as well as Laycock arent going to be ready for action come rd 1, here what I would like to see -

MJ - Michael - Slattery
NLM - Fletcher - McPhee
Lovett - Watson - Monfries
Hird - Lucas - Davey
Jetta - Lloyd - Johns

Foll: Hille McVeigh Stanton
Bench: Ryder Winderlich Peverill Houli

Would like to see Dyson, but from all reports he has been disappointing thus far and needs a little time at Bendigo. So I put in Houli, he has shown something for sure, more than Dyson in 2007.

Pev from all reports has earned a game, plus we need a defensive stopper in there.

Most still have Lovett in the forward line. I say no way, with Davey and Jetta we can now release Lovet into the midfield.

I think Monfries needs time in the midfield too. We have 2 more capable crumbing small forwards, move Monfries into the midfield.

Lovett, Watson and Monfries doesnt look to bad...
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

DC wrote:Given JJ and Campo as well as Laycock arent going to be ready for action come rd 1, here what I would like to see -

MJ - Michael - Slattery
NLM - Fletcher - McPhee
Lovett - Watson - Monfries
Hird - Lucas - Davey
Jetta - Lloyd - Johns

Bench: Ryder Winderlich Peverill Houli

Would like to see Dyson, but from all reports he has been disappointing thus far and needs a little time at Bendigo. So I put in Houli, he has shown something for sure, more than Dyson in 2007.

Pev from all reports has earned a game, plus we need a defensive stopper in there.

Most still have Lovett in the forward line. I say no way, with Davey and Jetta we can now release Lovet into the midfield.

I think Monfries needs time in the midfield too. We have 2 more capable crumbing small forwards, move Monfries into the midfield.

Lovett, Watson and Monfries doesnt look to bad...
You have dropped Welsh? Altho I think I agree with Slattery in the backline.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

I know everyone is taking it as a 'given' that Fletcher to CHB will automatically solve the huge problem we have there, but I'm yet to be convinced. Look at how easily Carlton dealt with that situation in the NAB cup, his man just took him out of the play all too often and all too easily.

Hate to say it I can see that happening a fair bit this year....going to be a test of Sheedy's coaching tactics that's for sure.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

pevfan wrote:I know everyone is taking it as a 'given' that Fletcher to CHB will automatically solve the huge problem we have there, but I'm yet to be convinced. Look at how easily Carlton dealt with that situation in the NAB cup, his man just took him out of the play all too often and all too easily.

Hate to say it I can see that happening a fair bit this year....going to be a test of Sheedy's coaching tactics that's for sure.
well I think our future CHB/CHF is Gumbleton/Johns, and sheeds will try to bring them both along this year....obviously johns is closer to blossoming.

I doubt if we will get 22 games from both Michael and Fletcher.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Some of this might seem a little out there, but I'd be interested to hear thoughts:

Lovett - Michael - NLM
McPhee - Fletcher - Lucas
Winderlich - Watson - Monfries
Hird - Johns - Davey
Jetta - Lloyd - MJ

Bench: Ryder Dempsay Houli Bradley

Scotty and fletch on the half back line delivering pin point 60m passes into our forward 50. Scotty to be pushed forward if Lloyd, Hird or Johns isn't firing.

Lovett and Lovett Murray in the back pocket giving dash out of defense.

Winders and Monf on the wings for run and carry.

Davey at Johns' feet, Jetta at Lloyd's and MJ in the moorcroft role.

Hird to go wherever he wants as per usual.

Laycock to possibly come in for Bradley if he's ever back from injury so that KB can get some confidence in the twos.

Pev to come in for Dempsay or Houli if there is more than one tag needed.