Spammers - Now with fresh update in the OP

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
User avatar
boncer34
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 9177
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Spammers - Now with fresh update in the OP

Post by boncer34 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:52 am

I know its annoying but no I can't seem to make them stop.

But just ignore them guys, posting in their topics makes the clean up process annoying.

Update - Dan is going to update the board software which means we may be offline at some stage, I'll post on FB when that is (Sorry Benny). The new software does have better spam bot measures so with any luck that'll take care of them.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8399
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Spammers

Post by grassy1 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:59 pm

Oh,alright.

Very hard to resist in telling 'em to F**k Off,though! :twisted:

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7052
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Sydney (Don't hold it against me)
Contact:

Re: Spammers

Post by Crazyman » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:44 pm

Thing is grassy, it is not a real person so telling them to f*** off, whilst the creativity is fun, doesn't really help other than to get rid of our own frustrations...and yes, I have done it too...hahaha

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8399
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Spammers

Post by grassy1 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:31 pm

Must be someone sending something,Crazyman?

Pain in the Arse they are! :evil:

User avatar
nomolos
Club Captain
Posts: 2887
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:51 pm

Re: Spammers

Post by nomolos » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:55 pm

Have you tried introducing a verification check at sign up?

User avatar
boncer34
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 9177
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: Spammers

Post by boncer34 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:17 am

nomolos wrote:Have you tried introducing a verification check at sign up?
Yep.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12240
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Spammers

Post by Windy_Hill » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:56 pm

I met my new wife to be thanks to one of these spammers...Vilgogradsingles.com

User avatar
hop
Club Captain
Posts: 3779
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:41 am
Location: Napier Street

Re: Spammers

Post by hop » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:18 pm

We need to get in Danksy and The Weapon.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15524
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Spammers

Post by F111 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:58 pm

The forum is almost unusable today.

nemir
Top Up Player
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:23 am

Re: Spammers

Post by nemir » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:09 pm

They are now using the PM function to spam us personally!

Though.. it did mean that I logged in here for the first time in ages, and that meant I got to read Mr. Francis' latest, which I did very much appreciate.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25754
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Spammers

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:14 pm

Isn't there a function to report these c**** when viewing their profile?
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Richard Ings
Top Up Player
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:38 pm

Re: Spammers

Post by Richard Ings » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:15 pm

I had forgotten that I had an account on here...

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4280
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Spammers

Post by s'dreams » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:53 pm

Now getting spammers via PMs. I assume not safe to open.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
Megan
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12350
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:08 pm
Location: Location Location.

Re: Spammers

Post by Megan » Mon May 01, 2017 2:44 pm

Yeah if it's gibberish shit for the subject and no one you know just ignore it. Once their account gets deleted the message vanishes. Meanwhile it seems to be luring a few people back in to nose around BT so that's not a bad thing :lol:
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4280
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Spammers

Post by s'dreams » Mon May 01, 2017 4:07 pm

Megan wrote:Yeah if it's gibberish shit for the subject and no one you know just ignore it. Once their account gets deleted the message vanishes. Meanwhile it seems to be luring a few people back in to nose around BT so that's not a bad thing :lol:
Gee ... I didn't think the market for Russian mail order brides in here was so high!
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7052
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Sydney (Don't hold it against me)
Contact:

Re: Spammers

Post by Crazyman » Mon May 01, 2017 7:34 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Megan wrote:Yeah if it's gibberish shit for the subject and no one you know just ignore it. Once their account gets deleted the message vanishes. Meanwhile it seems to be luring a few people back in to nose around BT so that's not a bad thing :lol:
Gee ... I didn't think the market for Russian mail order brides in here was so high!
Demand dropp d significantly once Gimps announced he was off the he market :P

User avatar
j-mac31
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15233
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: The city of brotherly love (Detroit)

Re: Spammers

Post by j-mac31 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:08 pm

Crazyman wrote:
s'dreams wrote:
Megan wrote:Yeah if it's gibberish shit for the subject and no one you know just ignore it. Once their account gets deleted the message vanishes. Meanwhile it seems to be luring a few people back in to nose around BT so that's not a bad thing :lol:
Gee ... I didn't think the market for Russian mail order brides in here was so high!
Demand dropp d significantly once Gimps announced he was off the he market :P
No, he's got 3 on the way as backup plans.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

User avatar
Gimps
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7846
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: Bumfuck Idaho

Re: Spammers

Post by Gimps » Wed May 03, 2017 12:25 am

j-mac31 wrote:
Crazyman wrote:
s'dreams wrote:
Megan wrote:Yeah if it's gibberish shit for the subject and no one you know just ignore it. Once their account gets deleted the message vanishes. Meanwhile it seems to be luring a few people back in to nose around BT so that's not a bad thing :lol:
Gee ... I didn't think the market for Russian mail order brides in here was so high!
Demand dropp d significantly once Gimps announced he was off the he market :P
No, he's got 3 on the way as backup plans.
You've got it all wrong, I prefer South Americans.

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15524
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Spammers

Post by F111 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:38 am

They've got a whole spammer class practicing on us yesterday! :(

User avatar
Megan
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12350
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:08 pm
Location: Location Location.

Re: Spammers

Post by Megan » Wed May 10, 2017 9:12 pm

Jesus titty f****** christ. That was the motherload.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.

Post Reply