Worsfold on TFS

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Worsfold on TFS

Post by rama_fan »

Has there ever been such a quality performance by an AFL coach under such pressure as John Worsfold last night on the footy show?

Came across very honest, sincere and controlled in what must be a horrible time for him.

Quite refreshing to see an AFL coach like that.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

I have to agree with you on this one rama_fan

I was very impressed with the way he handled himself thoughout the interview.

His views on the current practice of not letting the clubs know when their players test positive was spot on.

I also was interested in the way he said that they had tried in house to help and only suspended Cousins when it became apparent that this method wasn't working.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I thought it was fantastic, I was never a fan of his but I have much respect for him after last night. Said enough to answer questions without saying more than the Cousins family would be happy with, WCE should be proud of him.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Absolutely detested the bloke when he played, and I wished him no success in his coaching career. I thought he was outstanding last night, and I have completely changed my opinion of the man.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I actually respected the man as a player he was tough and took as good as he gave in every situation...

The way he spoke last night was almost unbelievable in this day and age. He was modest, honest, charasmatic and funny all in one. The story about Chick and Embley having an organised fight but forgetting the gloves is still maing me laugh.

Not that he would care what we think but that was just fukkin tops IMO!!!
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

That was an extremely good performance from Worsfold. He did not flinch away from any of the questions. He answered exactly what the question was asking, didn't go off and try to get around any questions. Very composed and honest at a time where his club is in probably the worst situation they have ever been in.
Have a new found respect for him after that performance last night.
swooper
Top Up Player

Post by swooper »

Didn't like him at all as a player, thought he was a bit of a sniper. However I have liked and admired the way he's gone about things as a coach and watching him on Thursday night has only heightened my opinion of him. Also was the first time in years that I didn't turn off TFS before 10.00.
jjono
High Draft Pick

Post by jjono »

BenDoolan wrote:Absolutely detested the bloke when he played, and I wished him no success in his coaching career. I thought he was outstanding last night, and I have completely changed my opinion of the man.

Was going to post my own thoughts, until I read this. Nothing more I can add. Good post BD.