The Same Olds

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

The Same Olds

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:53 pm

Maybe we should consider dropping the nickname 'Bombers' and go back to the 'Same Olds'. It's the SAME OLD shit year after year. Go back through seasons since 2002 and you'll find these sorts of performances. Immature. Lazy. Soft. Dumb. Weak. Insipid.

What sort of system were they deploying today? Kamikaze, clumsy, bullshit footy. Clueless.

What a junk game by Daniher. Must be still staring at his Anzac Medal. Pathetic stuff inside 50. His first quarter effort where he chose to ignore a pass and went for glory showed a lot of arrogance brought on by last week's heroics. Grow up. Today was disgusting. Last week he was compared to Buddy Franklin. This week - James f****** Manson. How the f*** can you put on a display like last week - in the rain and all the elements, but come out under the f****** roof and execute like that? FMD.

David Zaharakis - if the club is too gutless to do it, just drop yourself ffs.

And to the coaching staff - if you don't get ruthless, then maybe you should get f*****.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Re: The Same Olds

Post by MH_Bomber » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:08 pm

It was truly terrible today. I was absolutely livid. Jobe forget being a vegan. You are but a shadow of your former self on that diet. You need some proper source of iron.

I didnt expect such an insipid effort, well, from almost everyone. It was happening last week as well. Is there some reason why we are incapable of ever hitting a target by hand or foot.

I think we need to concentrate on basic skills. Dont bother with attempting to switch play. We simply cant execute that properly.
Regards

MH_Bomber

robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:25 pm

Was totally unacceptable from the team but I'll pick out a few individuals.

Zaharakis- does this guy ever put his head over the ball? Seems to be constantly running on the boundary line looking for kicks and couldn't even hit a target 20 metres away today. I'm sick of seeing the pre-season photos of this guy looking ripped and then seeing him do absolutely nothing during the season.

McKenna- yes only young but it's already clear he doesn't have the skill level to play at the highest level.

Watson- not really his fault, he looked very tired and should have been rested.

Gleeson- looks lost, all the time.

Howlett- only 14 possessions. Has never been a big ball winner, doesn't kick goals so don't really see what he brings to the team.

DC2
High Draft Pick

Post by DC2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:10 pm

robrulz5 wrote:Was totally unacceptable from the team but I'll pick out a few individuals.

Zaharakis- does this guy ever put his head over the ball? Seems to be constantly running on the boundary line looking for kicks and couldn't even hit a target 20 metres away today. I'm sick of seeing the pre-season photos of this guy looking ripped and then seeing him do absolutely nothing during the season.
hirdy said he used to get on zaka for being a bit too soft at times. its just not in his nature to play like that, he doesnt have it in him. he is a receiver/outside mid. in saying that his disposal isnt polished enough imo to play strictly that role. he is not damaging enough.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:54 pm

BenDoolan wrote:Maybe we should consider dropping the nickname 'Bombers' and go back to the 'Same Olds'. It's the SAME OLD shit year after year. Go back through seasons since 2002 and you'll find these sorts of performances. Immature. Lazy. Soft. Dumb. Weak. Insipid.

What sort of system were they deploying today? Kamikaze, clumsy, bullshit footy. Clueless.

What a junk game by Daniher. Must be still staring at his Anzac Medal. Pathetic stuff inside 50. His first quarter effort where he chose to ignore a pass and went for glory showed a lot of arrogance brought on by last week's heroics. Grow up. Today was disgusting. Last week he was compared to Buddy Franklin. This week - James f****** Manson. How the f*** can you put on a display like last week - in the rain and all the elements, but come out under the f****** roof and execute like that? FMD.

And to the coaching staff - if you don't get ruthless, then maybe you should get f*****.
At least Manson put a few away... My heart sank when, just into the 2nd quarter, Joey was stuffing around giving Hibberd a few bear hugs from behind and thinking it was all a joke. Wrong bloody attitude... he is not a freakin Labrador puppy.

It was a mistake to play Bellchambers - he didn't dominate in the ruck (well not to advantage) and Pederson became a mobile tall around the ground especially in their forward 50 and presented a target ... would have been better with McKernan who plays a similar gamestyle and possibly would have negated this advantage.

Disposal was woeful ... at 1/4 time 5 players were at 30 % or lower accuracy ... including Zerrett, Daniher, Hooker and Howlett. In other words, they wasted their time being on the ground.

I've said before that opposition coached have worked out how to beat us. Given the high possession, "precision" kicking/handball drilled into the team ... just put the pressure on and watch as the 3rd or 4th or 5th handball is straight to the opposition with all our players up forward and whats left of our backline miles off their man.

Ahhh ... f*** it all.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:22 pm

s'dreams wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Maybe we should consider dropping the nickname 'Bombers' and go back to the 'Same Olds'. It's the SAME OLD shit year after year. Go back through seasons since 2002 and you'll find these sorts of performances. Immature. Lazy. Soft. Dumb. Weak. Insipid.

At least Manson put a few away... My heart sank when, just into the 2nd quarter, Joey was stuffing around giving Hibberd a few bear hugs from behind and thinking it was all a joke. Wrong bloody attitude... he is not a freakin Labrador puppy.

It was a mistake to play Bellchambers - he didn't dominate in the ruck (well not to advantage) and Pederson became a mobile tall around the ground especially in their forward 50 and presented a target ... would have been better with McKernan who plays a similar gamestyle and possibly would have negated this advantage.

Disposal was woeful ... at 1/4 time 5 players were at 30 % or lower accuracy ... including Zerrett, Daniher, Hooker and Howlett. In other words, they wasted their time being on the ground.

I've said before that opposition coached have worked out how to beat us. Given the high possession, "precision" kicking/handball drilled into the team ... just put the pressure on and watch as the 3rd or 4th or 5th handball is straight to the opposition with all our players up forward and whats left of our backline miles off their man.

Ahhh ... f*** it all.
Here's a look inside the mindset of the club...

Xavier Campbell was in the members room prior to the match talking about the direction we are heading in with the team. He said Woosha was designing a team to be high scoring and good to watch - something for us fans to enjoy. Well, if that's their focus, then we're f*****. What I saw today was a mess. The players looked confused and clueless. Perhaps they should design a game style that concentrates on relentless pressure acts, and a clear, cohesive flow-on game. Then, I might enjoy it.

chummy
Top Up Player

Post by chummy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:37 pm

So you agree with me

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:42 pm

chummy wrote:

So you agree with me
How so?

BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:45 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
s'dreams wrote:

Ahhh ... f*** it all.

Xavier Campbell was in the members room prior to the match talking about the direction we are heading in with the team. He said Woosha was designing a team to be high scoring and good to watch - something for us fans to enjoy. Well, if that's their focus, then we're f*****. What I saw today was a mess. The players looked confused and clueless. Perhaps they should design a game style that concentrates on relentless pressure acts, and a clear, cohesive flow-on game. Then, I might enjoy it.
I enjoy winning. I don't care about style.

Mark Waugh was one of the most stylish batsman I've ever seen. His brother was dour in comparison. While Mark would make some great 60s, Steve would be getting 100s. Style isn't everything.

Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:54 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
s'dreams wrote:

Ahhh ... f*** it all.

Well if Woosha has presented this scenario to the board, that's as far as it has gone because he certainly hasn't told the playing group on today's tripe dished up. Today was an embarrassment when we had over 40.000 at the game today of which it seems 2000 were demon supporters & clearly were more vocal than our lot. We were playing against Melbourne who hate playing at Ethiad & hardly ever win there. FFS. Weak as piss.

We will always be the "Same Olds" when we keep playing the "same old" recycled players with the "same old" game style where it must be compulsory to have at least 5 handballs before kicking the ball, the handball is usually to a guy who is in a worse position generally to his ankles. FFS.

Even with our weakened group last year they didn't put up insipid displays like today. Generally they HAD A GO.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:10 pm

Depressing reading,but Pretty much agree with that summation Ronny. :(

Both League and Ressies were a Classic Case of Chocolates to Boiled Lollies!

:( :evil: :roll: :-&

gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:24 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
s'dreams wrote:

Ahhh ... f*** it all.

It's football rodeo...with the the same inevitable consequences. It is the same rubbish we played when Knights was running the show.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:44 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
s'dreams wrote:

Ahhh ... f*** it all.

Is Woosher training Mariah Carey's backing dancers or a f****** football team ??? ... make your mind up!
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Mon May 01, 2017 6:05 am

Even with our weakened group last year they didn't put up insipid displays like today. Generally they HAD A GO.
Interesting you say that because I enjoyed the footy last year with the youngsters and the recycled players who were playing for pride far more than how we have played this
year other than the Hawthorn game(and that win is now questionable!) .

Its like a malaise that is now effecting even the non banned players. If you have decided to come back then play with a bit of energy and enthusiasm. Those young players looked up to these guys but when they see the repetition of really crap footy by hand and foot, then its as though they are thinking well if there is no consequences for really bad form then why should I maintain my standards.

Jobe must not go to Perth. Just send the youngsters and rest the banned boys.
Regards

MH_Bomber

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:20 am

Or he could go and be TOLD to Pull his Bloody Finger Out! :evil:

robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:32 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
s'dreams wrote:

Ahhh ... f*** it all.

I think he spent more time trying to auction off a signed jumper than saying anything useful.

robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:32 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
s'dreams wrote:

Ahhh ... f*** it all.

I think he spent more time trying to auction off a signed jumper than saying anything useful.

desmondo
High Draft Pick

Post by desmondo » Mon May 01, 2017 12:36 pm

It was a totally depressing effort to watch. We play 'football' BUT we can`t seem to kick the ball straight, how do/can we have such atrocious foot skills??. ffs. :( :evil:

Only shining light, the continuing good form of Andrew McGrath.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Mon May 01, 2017 12:37 pm

robrulz5 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
s'dreams wrote:

Ahhh ... f*** it all.

Haha...yes. He ended up throwing in a guided tour of the facilities with Worsfold and Heppell.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Mon May 01, 2017 12:41 pm

desmondo wrote:It was a totally depressing effort to watch. We play 'football' BUT we can`t seem to kick the ball straight, how do/can we have such atrocious foot skills??. ffs. :( :evil:

Only shining light, the continuing good form of Andrew McGrath.
Indeed.

There's so much to like about McGrath. His long kicking is excellent. But it's his total awareness that stands out. He's ahead of the game.

I heard Hurley say how amazed he is at how good he is.