Daniher v Daniher

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Re: Daniher v Daniher

Post by desmondo » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:53 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:21 pm
grassy1 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:32 pm
In the end though,how do most players rate their careers?With a Flag!

What was it Bobby Skelton said about swapping his 3 Brownlows for a Flag,exactly?
Yes, but it doesn’t mean he wasn’t a champion player. It just means he was unfortunately stuck in a shit team. Imagine if John Coleman played in the 70’s. Would he still be a champion if he never played in premierships? Of course he would be...

I guess I’ll ask...was Chris Daniher a better player than Anthony Daniher? Or for that matter, Neale Daniher?
In my opinion Neale was a champion. Chris and Anthony were both 'servicable' footballers but Terry AND Neale were both champs...such a shame Neale`s career was curtailed by injury. He was almost impassable across the halfback-line and nearly always found a team-mate once he got the ball. :P

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:40 pm

desmondo wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:53 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:21 pm
grassy1 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:32 pm
In the end though,how do most players rate their careers?With a Flag!

What was it Bobby Skelton said about swapping his 3 Brownlows for a Flag,exactly?
Yes, but it doesn’t mean he wasn’t a champion player. It just means he was unfortunately stuck in a shit team. Imagine if John Coleman played in the 70’s. Would he still be a champion if he never played in premierships? Of course he would be...

I guess I’ll ask...was Chris Daniher a better player than Anthony Daniher? Or for that matter, Neale Daniher?
In my opinion Neale was a champion. Chris and Anthony were both 'servicable' footballers but Terry AND Neale were both champs...such a shame Neale`s career was curtailed by injury. He was almost impassable across the halfback-line and nearly always found a team-mate once he got the ball. :P
I was shattered about Neale :(

He became my hero the week before he did his knee - the Carlton game where he won it off his own boot. 20 year old star. Was named captain after that season but never led the team out on the field :(

He was class. Mr Cool under pressure. Absolute quality footballer.

If not for his buggered knees (both of them), he would have been captain of the 1984/85 premiership teams (and who knows we might have won another during his career). And he would have played 300 games and could easily have won a Brownlow.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:30 am

Joe Dan will have a stellar career. Hope he gets to taste success soon!

Aren’t there like another dozen Danihers running around somewhere? (Chris’s sons)