Sorry, f*** Richmond, f*** the Bulldogs

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Sorry, f*** Richmond, f*** the Bulldogs

Post by grassy1 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:56 pm

I'm happy.

The Crows lost yesterday and Koch's mob lost the SANFL Grand Final. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:27 pm

Remember this, Dimma said he was part of the problem at Richmond and he had to change. The club also made other changes in administration and where ever else change was required. I've had to say after watching them over the finals whatever they have done and done very well, its worked.
They absolutely smothered and bullied Adelaide, they looked like the walking wounded. Richmond wouldn't allow them to play or get anywhere near their game. It was interesting watching Richmond change their game style several times during the game. They completely locked Adelaide out and would not allow them to reconnect. They played Adelaide at their own game and beat them into submission and they were still running and tackling until the final siren. Some believe we are not far off it. So just how far and long is a piece of very stretchy string? Bad joke!
Last edited by mdso on Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:46 pm

We haven't played like Richmond did yesterday for years. Not once. We are miles off it at the moment.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:23 pm

Getting Blake Caracella and Justin Leppitsch as assistant coaches has been a masterstroke by Richmond.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:17 pm

Don't know about Fella,but Leppa may have had a small sense of Smug Satisfaction.

He might say otherwise,but I could hardly blame him for thinking,"Thanks Brisbane!You did me a big favour by Sacking me!" :lol:

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:43 pm

BERT wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:46 pm
We haven't played like Richmond did yesterday for years. Not once. We are miles off it at the moment.

What I saw when we dismantled Port, West Coast and St Kilda as well as the wins over Geelong and Collingwood was football played as well as if not better than anything Richmond tossed up in the GF. When on song, Essendon has a squad that will beat any opponent. It's just so frustrating that the mental/coaching issues continue to hold us back.

We definitely need a couple of elite mids to put the icing on the cake and through which players perhaps consistency will follow. In much the way that Selwood and Dangerfield bring out the best in their team.

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:26 pm

I'd have to agree with this. The first match against Hawthorn wasn't bad either. We are capable of being very very good. Had we won the Sydney game it would have been a massive confidence boost to the team. We would NOT have lost to Brisbane in the subsequent game. That would have seen us finish very close to the top 4 or at least 5th. That would have given us a home final first week and then would have also played Geelong at the G. A season can rest on a couple of games.

The problem is, and has been since around 2002, we are losing to inferior teams and playing like a pack of turkeys when we don't bring our A game. We can truly call ourselves good team when the difference between our A grade game and an off day is much much narrower.
Regards

MH_Bomber

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:34 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:26 pm
The problem is, and has been since around 2002, we are losing to inferior teams and playing like a pack of turkeys when we don't bring our A game. We can truly call ourselves good team when the difference between our A grade game and an off day is much much narrower.
Spot on.

We have the ability, but not the mental application to be better than average. Our continual lapses in concentration, application and endeavour against inferior opposition has become a mental illness.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:55 pm

Richmond has shown it's possible to win with a game based on stopping your opponent playing the way they want to play, one percent-ers, and scoring on turnovers.

Even across the ground, barely a handful of stars, and just doing the right things.

Defence wins football, this should be our mantra forever and eternity.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:07 am

tonysoprano wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:55 pm
Richmond has shown it's possible to win with a game based on stopping your opponent playing the way they want to play, one percent-ers, and scoring on turnovers.

Even across the ground, barely a handful of stars, and just doing the right things.

Then Hooker must go back to defense if we get Stringer

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:12 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:07 am
tonysoprano wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:55 pm

Then Hooker must go back to defense if we get Stringer
Daniher, Hooker, Stewart, Stringer. Hooker back or Stewart to the 2's?
Fanta, Walla, Begley, Laverde,Green.
Could Stringer stay forward and rotate through the middle, at least at the bounce? What's he like as a defensive player forward?

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:55 am

We need more MONGREL and to harden the f*ck up. Come on Bombers its time, fix it or f*ck it!

2018 Red and Black we're back!
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:35 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:43 pm
BERT wrote:
What I saw when we dismantled Port, West Coast and St Kilda as well as the wins over Geelong and Collingwood was football played as well as if not better than anything Richmond tossed up in the GF. When on song, Essendon has a squad that will beat any opponent. It's just so frustrating that the mental/coaching issues continue to hold us back.
Port - flaky. Always.
West Coast - rarley turn up in Melbourne.
St Kilda - young/rebuilding.
Collingwood - not good.
Geelong - inconsistent (funny, when you're a two man team).

In summary: whoop-dee-f*****-doo. When the pressure goes on, we f*** off.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:32 am

True j-mac.

But can things change for the better on that score,next year?

Here's hopin' !

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:33 pm

j-mac31 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:35 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
BERT wrote:
Port - flaky. Always.
Collingwood - not good.

That observation was already made...that they go missing against weaker sides. However, you cant really deny the quality of football
In some of those wins. They were breathtaking. And you can dismiss the opposition as much as you want but 3 of them were finalists.

Point is that when on song, the team of 2017 could beat anyone.

Defensively though, we are soft when the heat comes from the other direction.

j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:21 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:33 pm
j-mac31 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
BERT wrote:
Port - flaky. Always.
Collingwood - not good.

That observation was already made...that they go missing against weaker sides. However, you cant really deny the quality of football
In some of those wins. They were breathtaking. And you can dismiss the opposition as much as you want but 3 of them were finalists.

My point is that aside from G-Town, we were only "on song" against shit teams. And often not on song against really shit teams. To say that we "could beat anyone" is idiocy.

And I don't give a flying f*** how "breathtaking" the style of play looks. I want a winning style. In finals.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:39 pm

j-mac31 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:21 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
BERT wrote:
Port - flaky. Always.
Collingwood - not good.

My point is that aside from G-Town, we were only "on song" against shit teams. And often not on song against really shit teams. To say that we "could beat anyone" is idiocy.

And I don't give a flying f*** how "breathtaking" the style of play looks. I want a winning style. In finals.
They are top 8 teams or were at the time of playing them. Not sure how you can call them shit? But - as I get the point your are trying to make, the inconsistency in particular against bottom half teams is and has been a problem.

I do warn you to look away if you don't like breathtaking footy - I expect you will see a fair bit of it in 2018

j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:13 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:39 pm
j-mac31 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:21 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

Port - flaky. Always.
Collingwood - not good.

They are top 8 teams or were at the time of playing them. Not sure how you can call them shit? But - as I get the point your are trying to make, the inconsistency in particular against bottom half teams is and has been a problem.

I do warn you to look away if you don't like breathtaking footy - I expect you will see a fair bit of it in 2018
St Kilda and Collingwood are shit. I outlined why I think the other teams are shit (at least when we played them).

I didn't say I don't like breathtaking footy, but FFS where did it get us? Bring back Knights!