NLM... Whats all the fuss about?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

NLM... Whats all the fuss about?

Post by DYSON#2 »

i cant see what all the fuss is about dropping Nathan Lovett Murray.
People, its been one round, one win. so what warrants dropping NLM?
He played fine, was it because he didnt score you 100 points on your dream team?
He still got a fair bit of the ball and used it well. Sheeds used him as a pair of fresh legs at the end of the quarter.
People that would be out of the team before him would be kep and pev. Pevrill made some shocking decisions and got ran down on numerous occasions.
And if we dropped him, what defender would replace him? Our backline depth isnt great just yet. This week he will show us why he is in our best 22.

dont change the winning formula
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

C'mon Dys, i don't want NLM dropped, but Pev played really well in the 2nd half on Sunday and i don't think you can maintain that he should be dropped before NLM. Pev was in our top 6 players on Sunday.

We should only drop NLM if there's a viable replacement. Nash may or may not be, and he's the most obvious replacement as he plays the same position normally (HBF).
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

I thought Pev was good too.

He in no way can be dropped. It seems no matter what this guy does he is constantly being hated on.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I thought Pev played well also.

NLM lacks skill and a footy brain at times. That doesnt mean he is dumb, just dont think he has it all. I would like to see Nash get a game before him when he is fit.

At the moment, NLM isnt keeping out a good kid, possibly Dyson if we choose to play McVeigh in defence.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Pev had an excellent game. Drop NLM? Get serious. We put 3 years into the guy to get him to the standards he was playing at last year, and people want him dropped after one round?
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

robbie67 wrote:Pev had an excellent game. Drop NLM? Get serious. We put 3 years into the guy to get him to the standards he was playing at last year, and people want him dropped after one round?
Not me :? , NLM is a gun!
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

I certainly don't think Pev could get dropped. He did quite well.

I certainly like NLMs run off the half back line, and I think he is the best at it as he can read the ball well and hit it at speed. Disposal could be improved, as could decision making, but i think he would have been second behind fletch in rebounds last season.

I think Kep will be dropped for Laycock, but as for who could come out for Dys, I'm just not sure.
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

I was at the game and must admit i didn't even notice NLM get a possy although the paper says he had 8 of them in 59 mins game time.
Mustve had most of them down the other end.. But even so, he only played half a game so why would he get dropped on that?
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

bueller wrote:I was at the game and must admit i didn't even notice NLM get a possy although the paper says he had 8 of them in 59 mins game time.
Mustve had most of them down the other end.. But even so, he only played half a game so why would he get dropped on that?
Glad someone mentioned this. I noticed NLM did a fair bit of bench warming on Sunday, and him only having 59 minutes game time vindicates that. No wonder he was hardly sighted.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Lads I have one good reason why we should play Nat Rat this week.

The Carrs are playing. Bang bang, lights out :shock:
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Pev got alot of possesions, but he rarley uses the ball effectivly.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

The only concerning thing about our performance on sunday for mine was the lack of run and carry out of the back line. NLM adds that when he's on the boil - he's got dash and he's got the balls to take on the opposition. You don't get those line breaking runs out of Mal, Paddy, Fletch or Slatts. Mcphee will go for a run but he isn't as quick.

For mine, NLM is a must unless someone like Nash really steps up.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Pev played very very clever footy. The opposition didn't pay him respect and he made them pay.

NLM is a very good player. He just had no impact, Bradley also.The reason I would love to see both guys have a trip to the twos is not to punish them, but to send a message. "If you don't show something, then you don't play ones." make every player, every week understand the new standard we expect.
Makaveli
High Draft Pick

Post by Makaveli »

No way should they drop NLM his a gun and barely got any game time. I'd prefer kepler bradley gone, i cringe everytime he gets the ball.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Peverill reminds me of me! Very tenacious, hard working and gutsy! And just like me, he's taken for granted.....
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

BenDoolan wrote:Peverill reminds me of me! Very tenacious, hard working and gutsy! And just like me, he's taken for granted.....
How do you compare in the looks department? :lol:
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Sismis wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Peverill reminds me of me! Very tenacious, hard working and gutsy! And just like me, he's taken for granted.....
GOLD! :D
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Sismis wrote:
You decide! :lol:

Image Image
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

I'd love to be the meat in that man-sandwich.

Then I would go and kiss some poisonous snakes. Yes. I will hug and kiss some poisonous snaaaaaakes!

Now that's sarcasm.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I think NLM's run would be good this week against Fremantle.