THE biggest positive!!!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Good summary Filth. The best part of the win for me was how whenever the Crows challenged, we had the answers. Sure they (Adelaide) missed some sitters in front of goal, but we stood up when the game stepped up. Something we didn't do last year...

I just hope we can keep the same approach going all season long. If we do we'll obviously be ultra competitive... :wink:
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

The biggest positive for me was the team effort. Even the skipper was willing to get down and dirty and do the one percenters. That wins games.

The other thing that stood out for me was how much improvement there is in this list. The potential is awesome.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

And we were actually hitting targets on a pretty consistent basis...unbelievable. I personally think that that was the most noticable difference from last year. and it's the skill that can make ALL the dif IMHO

Who is the skills coach this year? cos if we keep hitting targets like that for the remainder of the season he/they will deserve a very big pat on the back.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

No stupid down-the-ground free kicks given away by stupid, stupid players like Solomon. Very refreshing.

But yes, field kicking was excellent and movement in the forward line was great.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

filth im interested who you would have to replace Jobe?
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

So I'm the only person who feels the game was in the balance at the beginning of the last? Last year we'd have lost that game... bloody refreshing to see us NOT lose it this year :D
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

The other factor not mentioned is that it was (reportedly) 27 degrees on Sunday. That shows our fitness levels and concentration is very fine tuned at the moment. Most impressive.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

The biggest positive? The entire team played positive.

When Adelaide came at them - they didn't shirk the contest. They ran hard from the start of each quarter, backed each other - despite the mistakes and turnovers - and according to the post match discussions - they never lost belief in getting the job finished.

I know it is only Round 1 and things have gone pear-shaped from this position before - however I haven't seen or heard this from the Essendon team in the last two years.

Confidence in yourself and your team-mates counts for a hell of a lot at this level - Let's hope they can keep it going
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

Hows about this one...NO INJURIES :shock:
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

agree with all the above. Must admit, after just watching the replay that it's amazing how mature some of these young players are these days, e.g. Leroy Jetta, played like a top 10 pick, got guts too.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

agree with all the above. Must admit, after just watching the replay that it's amazing how mature some of these young players are these days, e.g. Leroy Jetta, played like a top 10 pick, got guts too.
RAMS
Top Up Player

Post by RAMS »

the biggest positive I feel was that there is still a fair bit of improvement in that team especially in the area of skills, in particular handballing to a team mates advantage.
A couple of times they looked like the fastest team in the leaugue running the ball out of defence only for a handball to go behind someone.
that can be fixed with training and match practice
Save me Jebus!