Sack Worsfold

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Sack Worsfold

Post by Gimps »

Inept.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Re: Sack Worsfold

Post by tonysoprano »

Hey! I said I'd be leading the sack Worsfold brigade!

Another year of frustration , humiliation, etc ahead.

Actually, I give up. f*** this shit. Waste of time.
timbercote
Top Up Player

Post by timbercote »

Could and should Worsfold have won more premierships as coach with the players he had at his disposal at WCE ?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Yes and No! :twisted: 8)
timbercote
Top Up Player

Post by timbercote »

Do you think the reasons that he didn’t win more are still evident today. Although I’m a novice, I always thought he was very slow to respond to a change in tactics. Is this this still true?
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

I would just like to see some emotion...
Get pissed off and give players a rocket and drop them if they don’t perform regardless of whether they are the captain, our leading goal kicker or the coaches f****** pets.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

timbercote wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:25 pm Do you think the reasons that he didn’t win more are still evident today. Although I’m a novice, I always thought he was very slow to respond to a change in tactics. Is this this still true?
Often true when he coached the egirls,Timbercote.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Apart from Hooker back when the game was already over he did nothing.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I wonder if it’s possible to get Hardie to interview him and stir ‘im up! :twisted: :lol: 8)
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Knights Mk II. Extend the contract one minute, sack him the next...
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

lol, they just extended his contract 2 years.

btw, im not impressed with what he seems to be doing or not doing either. we have a better list than our performances have indicated.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

As a player and coach with the Eagles he hated our club.
He doesn't give a f*** if he screws us over. He's (another?) mole bringing us down from the inside.

Sack Worsfold.

I predict it will happen before round 15, when we are wallowing near Brisbane and Carlton at the bottom of the ladder.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

If we are wallowing in yhs bottom 4 it wong be Woosha that gets the bullet...a 1.5m payout!!

But Xavier Campbell will have to fall on his sword for putting the club in this position

What an incompetent bunch of pretenders
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

One of the most concerning aspects to me is watching our coach do his best Easter Island statue impersonation - when it is clear to everyone that we are in strife and something needs to be done.

The cameras only pan to him when we are in trouble and what we get is this well-practised, nonchalant, glazed stare that either makes him look out of his depth or retarded. He aint convincing anyone that he has little concern and that all is in hand........and if he is thinking that way then we have made a tremendously disastrous blunder in reappointing him.

The other one that I'm quickly losing faith with is Mark Harvey.......Being stern and angry doth not a coach make. Surely there is more to him than this......however his exposed form at Freo and now back at Essendon is troublesome.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Sacking him based on 3 rounds?

Yeah nah.

He performed perfectly fine in 2016 and 2017 under the circumstances.

We have a few people who have been in place longer then him that need to fall.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

boncer34 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:28 pm Sacking him based on 3 rounds?

Yeah nah.

Perfectly fine? You have a broad definition of perfect (or of fine? take your pic).

2016 is obviously an asterisk year. But last year? 2017 - highly variable performances (great wins v Port, WCE, Geelong), (horrible losses to lowly Carlton, Brisbane, Melbourne), (a smashing in a final where he did zilch throughout).

His coaching (or lack of) is f*****.

We've gone nowhere, and won't be going anywhere (except down) under his stewardship.

Surely you're as disgusted as the rest of us about the performance on Sunday? Clearly the players don't get Worsfold's plan, or don't want to get his plan - i.e. they don't want to play for him.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

tonysoprano wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:56 pm
boncer34 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:28 pm Sacking him based on 3 rounds?

Yeah nah.

Perfectly fine? You have a broad definition of perfect (or of fine? take your pic).

2016 is obviously an asterisk year. But last year? 2017 - highly variable performances (great wins v Port, WCE, Geelong), (horrible losses to lowly Carlton, Brisbane, Melbourne), (a smashing in a final where he did zilch throughout).

His coaching (or lack of) is f*****.

We've gone nowhere, and won't be going anywhere (except down) under his stewardship.

Surely you're as disgusted as the rest of us about the performance on Sunday? Clearly the players don't get Worsfold's plan, or don't want to get his plan - i.e. they don't want to play for him.
You mean the 2017 where we had the returning players who's form fluctuated as they adapted back to the week in week out life of being AFL footballers?

Yeah I'll give him a comfortable pass for getting that side to finals and the detract some for the finals effort. Though a few more fit blokes might've been handy in that game.

I'm certainly not happy about Sunday and if it continues I'll be leading the chorus.

But 3 games into his first real clear crack it it and people are screaming sack him?

Please. I'll save my tantrums for later in the year.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

The other issue is there are no coaches in waiting at the moment that would be worthy.

Bring Back Hird?? :shock:
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

He didn't "get us to the finals" in 2017. We fell into them by pure luck when the points and percentage fell our way in the late second half(in and out and in again, just by turning up in the end) It was like watching death in slow motion after a promising start. Then we got horribly smashed and humiliated in the finals, proving that we had no right to be there in the first place. I was screaming at him for more than a few games for his dopey, non-reactive coaching. As everything unfolded in a game, he looked more surprised than anyone on the field. He can't even offer a proper analysis when we win a game, so how can they sustain their form? And his pressers... "So what was good about today Woosha? They seemed to be firing?" "I uh....I uhh...Yeahhhh." I think I'm even more pissed than I was with Knights, because of the endless excuses and offsetting factors people throw up. At least you could chuck tomatoes at Knights and they'd stick. What does Woosha actually do? Take them for meditation and yoga through the week? I'd be a f------ father figure for $1.5m #-o
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rover99 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:57 pm He didn't "get us to the finals" in 2017. We fell into them by pure luck when the points and percentage fell our way in the late second half(in and out and in again, just by turning up in the end) It was like watching death in slow motion after a promising start. Then we got horribly smashed and humiliated in the finals, proving that we had no right to be there in the first place. I was screaming at him for more than a few games for his dopey, non-reactive coaching. As everything unfolded in a game, he looked more surprised than anyone on the field. He can't even offer a proper analysis when we win a game, so how can they sustain their form? And his pressers... "So what was good about today Woosha? They seemed to be firing?" "I uh....I uhh...Yeahhhh." I think I'm even more pissed than I was with Knights, because of the endless excuses and offsetting factors people throw up. At least you could chuck tomatoes at Knights and they'd stick. What does Woosha actually do? Take them for meditation and yoga through the week? I'd be a f------ father figure for $1.5m #-o
👍🏼
Essendunny