Open Letter to John Worsfold

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Open Letter to John Worsfold

Post by Windy_Hill » Sun May 26, 2019 4:19 pm

Heard from a source that Woosha has lost a decent whack of cash in some investments and his mind is elsewhere. His family has gone back to Perth, he is not stable by any means. Maybe he is playing for a big termination payout to deal with his debts and get home earlier to his family. Not trying to be mean spirited but if his personal issues are affecting his job he needs to stand down

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps » Sun May 26, 2019 5:29 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 4:19 pm
Heard from a source that Woosha has lost a decent whack of cash in some investments and his mind is elsewhere. His family has gone back to Perth, he is not stable by any means. Maybe he is playing for a big termination payout to deal with his debts and get home earlier to his family. Not trying to be mean spirited but if his personal issues are affecting his job he needs to stand down
I was informed of the failed investments (by multiple sources) when he was signed. Which naturally made me suspicious of his motives.

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Sun May 26, 2019 6:55 pm

Unlike Brad Scott who stepped down in the interests of the club and the players - don't bet your house on him doing that. If he has lost money through bad investments, he is unlikely to go until he is pushed. Hate to say it but that's how I see it.

This coach has not taken responsibility for one dam thing since he has been in charge. He has said it is the players not getting the game plan, not coaching themselves on the ground and many other reasons. HE IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:10 am

Give him a couple of ($)mill and a packed lunch and send him on his way. It's only going to get worse and worse from here. Also, why would anyone of any promise want to come over to us while he's around?

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:11 am

mdso wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 6:55 pm
Unlike Brad Scott who stepped down in the interests of the club and the players - don't bet your house on him doing that. If he has lost money through bad investments, he is unlikely to go until he is pushed. Hate to say it but that's how I see it.

This coach has not taken responsibility for one dam thing since he has been in charge. He has said it is the players not getting the game plan, not coaching themselves on the ground and many other reasons. HE IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

So true!! :evil:

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Mon May 27, 2019 12:04 pm

Rover99 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 1:10 am
Give him a couple of ($)mill and a packed lunch and send him on his way. It's only going to get worse and worse from here. Also, why would anyone of any promise want to come over to us while he's around?
CAn't do that anymore - there's some salary cap for coaching and support staff that has to be followed. And as his contract finishes next year, it would be counted in that unless there is mutual agreement. I somehow doubt that will happen.

I would like to see the board hold Richards a f***load more accountable though... he seems to be a teflon coated underachiever.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:36 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 12:04 pm
Rover99 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 1:10 am
CAn't do that anymore - there's some salary cap for coaching and support staff that has to be followed. And as his contract finishes next year, it would be counted in that unless there is mutual agreement. I somehow doubt that will happen.

I would like to see the board hold Richards a f***load more accountable though... he seems to be a teflon coated underachiever.
Even so...

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Mon May 27, 2019 5:14 pm

WHy the f*** did I say Richards? I meant Campbell
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue May 28, 2019 6:33 pm

Matty Lloyd has basically just called for Worsfold’s head

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Wed May 29, 2019 12:24 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:33 pm
Basically.
But he also allowed for the possibility that it's other coaching staff within the group that are the problem - and I agree with him on that point. I'm not convinced of the worth of our assistant coaches.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Wed May 29, 2019 12:27 am

nudder12 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:24 am
Windy_Hill wrote:
Basically.
But he also allowed for the possibility that it's other coaching staff within the group that are the problem - and I agree with him on that point. I'm not convinced of the worth of our assistant coaches.
the head coach can move them on at any time....he has chosen not to.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Wed May 29, 2019 12:45 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:27 am
nudder12 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
Basically.
Can he? Or is that the Board's call?
Even if he can, you'd have to say that after 2018 he had no real reason to ship them out. But their flaws are beginning to become obvious. So maybe it's time he moved them on now and got some people that will properly support his vision.
Meaning 2020 would be one step closer to Woosha's vision - sort of what he was suggesting in his presser today - i.e. it takes time.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Wed May 29, 2019 6:03 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:45 am
Windy_Hill wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:27 am
nudder12 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
Basically.
Can he? Or is that the Board's call?
Even if he can, you'd have to say that after 2018 he had no real reason to ship them out. But their flaws are beginning to become obvious. So maybe it's time he moved them on now and got some people that will properly support his vision.
Meaning 2020 would be one step closer to Woosha's vision - sort of what he was suggesting in his presser today - i.e. it takes time.

I would assume that as their boss, if the head coach says go, the CEO/board would have to agree.

I honestly cant say if the assistants are the problem - I can only speculate. But logic suggests that players are not developing as well as they should and the game day execution of the game plan is poor - even Woosha acknowledges that. So do we blame the players for failing to deliver the game plan?? In any organised work force, its generally up to the line managers to ensure the CEO vision is implemented correctly amongst their direct reports. As such, I have to assume that Rutten, Harvey, Skipworth and co are failing to ensure this outcome.

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:55 pm

Did he outcoach Clarkson d'ya think?

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:42 pm

F111 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:55 pm
Did he outcoach Clarkson d'ya think?
:D vingertje

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:55 pm

When we play well, as we did for most of last night, I would be reluctant to be making drastic coaching changes any time soon. The young group that are coming through now are just starting to get a bit of consistency. I am talking Langford, Parish, McGrath(well he was always good) and Redman. Add to that Dylan Clarke, Laverde, Guelfi and Begley and then there is the rebound speed of McKenna and Saad. We all know the class of Fantasia and Merrett, the solidity of Hurley, Hooker and Ambrose, the dynamism of Walla and the grit of Heppell.

It’s madness to call for the coaches head every time we lose. As long as I can see genuine improvement we should try to stay stable.

Now the management of injuries such as Joe and others is a different thing.
Regards

MH_Bomber

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:35 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:55 pm
When we play well, as we did for most of last night, I would be reluctant to be making drastic coaching changes any time soon. The young group that are coming through now are just starting to get a bit of consistency. I am talking Langford, Parish, McGrath(well he was always good) and Redman. Add to that Dylan Clarke, Laverde, Guelfi and Begley and then there is the rebound speed of McKenna and Saad. We all know the class of Fantasia and Merrett, the solidity of Hurley, Hooker and Ambrose, the dynamism of Walla and the grit of Heppell.

It’s madness to call for the coaches head every time we lose. As long as I can see genuine improvement we should try to stay stable.

Now the management of injuries such as Joe and others is a different thing.
Well it wasn't madness 3 weeks ago, We were in a deep hole. But because of massive injuries, Woosha was forced to play the young 'uns, something he should've been doing for ages. Now its up to the coaching team led by Woosha to polish this group so it has the disposal skills of a team like of the Dawks (that we saw last night), plus the stamina and determination that we displayed, to become a premier side. You know I'm glad that Joey is out of the side for the year. He ended up being a distraction and a really negative force in my opinion with far too much reliance on him. Now I believe, it'll be a case (if he ever gets fit), of him coming back into the team and finding a spot that'll suit everyone. Meanwhile, if Woosha plays his cards right I believe we could become something really special by year's end, (though possibly too late for the finals, unless a couple of other teams fall in a massive heap.)

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:35 am

we are accepting mediocrity once again if we blindly say everything is fine after beating a woeful Carlton and arguably the worst Hawthorn team in more than a decade. We are 6 and 6 with a bog average percentage. We need to win 7 of the last 10 games to just make the finals where we will likely get drawn to play away to a non Victorian team. We will get rolled.

The damage has already been done i am afraid. No finals, No Worsfold. We have to stop over rating this team and club.

In my opinion, Worsfold has 10 matches left as senior coach unless he pulls off a miracle. An average coach at best.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:55 am

6 - 6 so far ain’t fine,but I reckon we are doing better than previously expected,given the early disasters of this season.

Up to Worsfold,the coaching staff and the players to determine how much better this season can be.

I’m not terribly optimistic,but ever hopefull.Watch this space!

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:01 am

grassy1 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:55 am
6 - 6 so far ain’t fine,but I reckon we are doing better than previously expected,given the early disasters of this season.

Up to Worsfold,the coaching staff and the players to determine how much better this season can be.

I’m not terribly optimistic,but ever hopefull.Watch this space!
Reckon it's up to the players. Don't think Worsfold's message has changed since last season.
And....if we'd beaten Swans & Saints (really should have won both) we'd be 8-4 and looking OK.