Open Letter to John Worsfold

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Open Letter to John Worsfold

Post by grassy1 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:41 am

Yep,2 Disastrous Losses right there,albeit for different reasons.

Maybe we didn’t deserve to beat a Sydney,but if the Umpires had done their bloody job on the Final Siren,we’d have Won that one.

We didn’t and we start from here,from Scratch.How good can we get?Let’s wait and see!

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:52 am

nudder12 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:01 am
grassy1 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:55 am
6 - 6 so far ain’t fine,but I reckon we are doing better than previously expected,given the early disasters of this season.

Up to Worsfold,the coaching staff and the players to determine how much better this season can be.

I’m not terribly optimistic,but ever hopefull.Watch this space!
Reckon it's up to the players. Don't think Worsfold's message has changed since last season.
And....if we'd beaten Swans & Saints (really should have won both) we'd be 8-4 and looking OK.
Yep.

But it’s always the same old story with our club (Woosha or not), with regards to “had we beaten the junk sides, we would have...”

We’ve done that under Sheeds, Knights, Hird and Bomber this century.

Iffffffffff we took care of Saints and Sydney, we’d be sitting 5th on the ladder. Those 2 games will end up killing us in the end - like it always does.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:01 pm

The ‘ole Coudda,Woudda,Shoudda syndrome!

Like a dishlicker you’d always back,that blows the start for 4th place or 3rd,for NO blasted dividend! #-o :-& :evil: :roll:

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:51 pm

Don’t get me wrong there have been some positive signs in the last 2 games, but....

We are still way off the pace when it comes to taking on the top 4 sides. We don’t have the mental strength to be a consistent top 8 team. The game plan goes to shit when confronted with a quality opponent.

Happy to be proven wrong but I can’t see us making the finals and we will reaffirm our standing as the new Ninthmond.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:03 pm

Yep,Windy.Pretty much agree there buddy.

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:19 pm

Our backs are good enough.
Our midfield is good enough and would be dynamite IF they could all deliver like Merrett.
We struggle kicking goals against the better teams.
Daniher, Brown, Stewart...can Brown or Stewart provide something? We known Brown can and has and seems a good tall foil for Smack.

Kicking straight helps
:roll:

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:03 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:51 pm
The game plan goes to shit when confronted with a quality opponent.
This is my biggest concern.

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:58 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:03 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:51 pm
The game plan goes to shit when confronted with a quality opponent.
This is my biggest concern.
We did pretty well on Anzac Day. Very stiff not to win that one. A big test this Thursday...

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:09 am

F111 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:19 pm
Our midfield is good enough and would be dynamite IF they could all deliver like Merrett.
Daniher, Brown, Stewart...can Brown or Stewart provide something? We known Brown can and has and seems a good tall foil for Smack.

Kicking straight helps
How things have changed... Imagine preseason this year or post season last year, praying to Hell that in 2019, Brown was the one that was going to save our season... :roll:

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:44 pm

Rover99 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:09 am
F111 wrote:

Kicking straight helps
How things have changed... Imagine preseason this year or post season last year, praying to Hell that in 2019, Brown was the one that was going to save our season... :roll:
Yes, quite right. It was his improved and consistent form that has helped though. He was doing well, except maybe v Geelong and made a great contribution when Daniher was out last year. He looks unlikely, but generally does a decent job. He's not the whole answer though of course but I think he's a smarter footballer than Stewart.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:05 pm

F111 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:44 pm
Rover99 wrote:
F111 wrote:

Kicking straight helps
Yes, quite right. It was his improved and consistent form that has helped though. He was doing well, except maybe v Geelong and made a great contribution when Daniher was out last year. He looks unlikely, but generally does a decent job. He's not the whole answer though of course but I think he's a smarter footballer than Stewart.
Oh not trying to denigrate him - far from it, but he was so far out of contention at the end of 2018 (despite his excellent contribution), that people were expecting him to be traded. It's what happened to the others that is shocking :shock:

rockhole
Club Captain

Post by rockhole » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:09 pm

Rover99 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:05 pm
F111 wrote:
Rover99 wrote:
F111 wrote:

Kicking straight helps
Oh not trying to denigrate him - far from it, but he was so far out of contention at the end of 2018 (despite his excellent contribution), that people were expecting him to be traded. It's what happened to the others that is shocking :shock:
Brown is weak as piss at the contested ball and gets brushed aside in packs. If he receives the ball in a chain of passes, he stops dead and kills the momentum. On the other hand, he is a reliable kick and can mark in a one on one dual. I just think if it happens in our lifetime and we make a final, he will let us down as he simply isn't tough enough.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:20 pm

That was how Geelong played him out of the game.
Stewart on the other hand has the strength, but Brown gets to better places I think.

He replaces Stringer this week.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:21 pm

rockhole wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:09 pm
Rover99 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:05 pm
F111 wrote:
Rover99 wrote:
F111 wrote:

Kicking straight helps
Brown is weak as piss at the contested ball and gets brushed aside in packs. If he receives the ball in a chain of passes, he stops dead and kills the momentum. On the other hand, he is a reliable kick and can mark in a one on one dual. I just think if it happens in our lifetime and we make a final, he will let us down as he simply isn't tough enough.
Yeah not disagreeing with that either. The point of my original observation was to marvel at the fact that in a season of so much apparent promise, we are now relying on an average guy like Brown to pull us out of the shit. But that aside, I agree with Nudder's comment that those delivering to our small fwd line have to realise that a 1:1 contest is usually pointless (apologies Tippa :D ) And our crumbers themselves, should be out in front in open ground, (in set positions) if possible. It's ridiculous at the moment.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:10 pm

see my above comments

gutless football team, inept coach.

Cant get near a top 4 team...haven't for more than a decade

Daisy..1
High Draft Pick

Post by Daisy..1 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:18 am

Simply........GGF!!!

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:31 am

John

Your coaching has to deliver 7 out of the next 9 games to make the finals and save your job.

I doubt you can get it done against GWS and Collingwood.
Adelaide (away) and Freo (Away) and the Bulldogs are the crunch games.
Port, Gold Coast, North and Sydney we should win (so if the team loses to these, you are toast)

Personally, I don't think that just making the 8 is sufficient but that's just me.

Regards - S'
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:57 am

Dear Bombertalkers

Thanks for the open letter and your considered feedback. Bottom line is I have no idea. Harves, POP and Skip even less. The Truck is pretty switched on but told me last week that he wants to leave. Can’t blame him, we’re as fun to work for as watching a Kyle Langford chase. Like Kyle, we just seem to tread water. I know youse are pretty fed up. But don’t be. As I told Xav and Tanners, we are so close to discovering a Plan B it’s just not funny. You see, we needed to find inspiration and direction for a Plan B. No matter how hard we searched, like finishing a dodgey Chinese takeaway, it simply passed straight through us. But now, at last, we think we may have stumbled upon the sacred manna. Yep, we got ourselves a Plan B guys and gals. Simply put, it involves getting the boys to quote Harvard Business School during their pressers. “Implementing structured breakdowns”, “developing clear and precise external optics”, “initiating a revolutionary player lead brand” and finally my favourite, “setting aside agenda driven processes for a good old fashioned cuddle”. You see, at Essendon, we care about each other and the boys are looking forward to a good ol game of British Bulldog with their Doona covers the minute we get back to the Tru Solar High Faluting centre.

So people’s, hang in there,we are close. Just waiting for Cambo to throw me the new 5 year extension and all is sweet.

See you guys next week for the new Sheedy inspired marquee game “Sheep to the Slaughter at Marvel”

Love youse all

Johnny

hop
Club Captain

Post by hop » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:53 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:57 am
Dear Bombertalkers

Thanks for the open letter and your considered feedback. Bottom line is I have no idea. Harves, POP and Skip even less. The Truck is pretty switched on but told me last week that he wants to leave. Can’t blame him, we’re as fun to work for as watching a Kyle Langford chase. Like Kyle, we just seem to tread water. I know youse are pretty fed up. But don’t be. As I told Xav and Tanners, we are so close to discovering a Plan B it’s just not funny. You see, we needed to find inspiration and direction for a Plan B. No matter how hard we searched, like finishing a dodgey Chinese takeaway, it simply passed straight through us. But now, at last, we think we may have stumbled upon the sacred manna. Yep, we got ourselves a Plan B guys and gals. Simply put, it involves getting the boys to quote Harvard Business School during their pressers. “Implementing structured breakdowns”, “developing clear and precise external optics”, “initiating a revolutionary player lead brand” and finally my favourite, “setting aside agenda driven processes for a good old fashioned cuddle”. You see, at Essendon, we care about each other and the boys are looking forward to a good ol game of British Bulldog with their Doona covers the minute we get back to the Tru Solar High Faluting centre.

So people’s, hang in there,we are close. Just waiting for Cambo to throw me the new 5 year extension and all is sweet.

See you guys next week for the new Sheedy inspired marquee game “Sheep to the Slaughter at Marvel”

Love youse all

Johnny
PS - There are learnings in this for all of us.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:00 pm

He’s been hangin’ out with Jeff Fenech? :lol: