Open Letter to John Worsfold

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Open Letter to John Worsfold

Post by Windy_Hill » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:28 pm

When you’ve been on a roll, as we have been, it’s understandable that players will start to think the game is easy. Fortunately, we have had to do it the hard way coming from behind in all of our last 4 wins. Hopefully complacency will not be an issue and if they can just apply the same attitude to GCS then a substantial win should result.

Don’t care about 100 point victory....let’s be satisfied with a solid, injury free win.

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:15 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:28 pm
Don’t care about 100 point victory....let’s be satisfied with a solid, injury free win.
You don't want enough. :D Aim high like we want the players to. :-k
Solid, injury free win of course. I want the biggest Q1 ever! Then just good solid footy.
:lol:

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:08 pm

F111 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:15 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Solid, injury free win of course. I want the biggest Q1 ever! Then just good solid footy.
Top our 96 point first qtr and even with suns in current state, that would be some qtr given the outs in our squad right now...

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:42 am

Crazyman wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:08 pm
F111 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
Top our 96 point first qtr and even with suns in current state, that would be some qtr given the outs in our squad right now...
That'd be great huh!

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:31 pm

F111 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
You misunderstand....don’t care about 100+ victory.....never said anything against a solid 98 point win

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:13 pm

How’s Woosha’s contract going this week?

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:44 am

Windy Hille wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:13 pm
According to your by bombertalk doppelgänger he should be sacked for letting McKenna go to the other side of the world for his brother’s nuptials 🙄

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:31 pm

Crazyman wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:44 am
Windy Hille wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:13 pm
According to your by bombertalk doppelgänger he should be sacked for letting McKenna go to the other side of the world for his brother’s nuptials 🙄
Fake News.....never suggested that at all.

For a start, there are numerous better reasons to sack Worsfold. McKenna taking a week off is not one of them.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:40 pm

More rumours about Woosha. Timing is pretty ugly if in fact true. According to our favourite media Brownshirt Caroline Wilson, the Bombers hierarchy are looking to move Worsfold on after the season is done and dusted and replace him with Ben Rutten who in turn will have a senior mentor figure hold his hand. Sounds like classic stupid Essendon so i wouldn’t be at all surprised if there is some truth in this.

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:21 pm

Sack Worsfold, install Rutten who has how much experience :?:

Factor in Caracella in '20 who has oodles of experience under a variety of premiership coaches...what's his role gunna be? :-k

Doesn't make any sense at all.
:-s

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:39 pm

F111 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:21 pm
Sack Worsfold, install Rutten who has how much experience :?:

Factor in Caracella in '20 who has oodles of experience under a variety of premiership coaches...what's his role gunna be? :-k

Doesn't make any sense at all.
:-s
Exactly...why would Caracalla depart Richmond for an assistant coaching role unless he is being tempted with a senior coaching position...something he is widely touted as being ready for?

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:13 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:40 pm
More rumours about Woosha. Timing is pretty ugly if in fact true. According to our favourite media Brownshirt Caroline Wilson, the Bombers hierarchy are looking to move Worsfold on after the season is done and dusted and replace him with Ben Rutten who in turn will have a senior mentor figure hold his hand. Sounds like classic stupid Essendon so i wouldn’t be at all surprised if there is some truth in this.
But I thought "Caro" loved Woosha. Was she spitting chips at yet another sacking of her EFC faves?

Or is it that time was being called by all, including the main man, anyway?

Why would Rutten need another experienced coach? there's coaches coming out the plugholes at that place...

Anyway - stupid timing.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:09 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:13 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
But I thought "Caro" loved Woosha. Was she spitting chips at yet another sacking of her EFC faves?

Why would Rutten need another experienced coach? there's coaches coming out the plugholes at that place...

Anyway - stupid timing.
Caro at her journalistic best - get some bits of information and assemble them into a story to suit your “scandal” driven agenda.

Timmy put things straight on SEN this morning. He rang Xavier Campbell and asked him if there was truth in the rumour. In short...

The club met with Alan Richardson to see if he was interested in an assistant role at the club (with Woosha fully aware of that meeting). Richo said he is more interested in a mentoring role, which Xavier said we don’t have for him. So he’s off to Melbourne. That’s all who we approached.

Side note: I find it weird that Alan Richardson is looking for a mentoring role for a young senior coach. He’s not exactly a raging success himself, so I find it weird how he could mentor someone in that role.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:58 pm

When I heard that stuff spew forth from her I thought that is something I dont want be true.

Getting this team into the 8 is a pass this season mgiven we simply cant get our best team on the park. Now that is down to injury management and conditioning even maybe putting too many eggs in the Joe D basket only to find out he has a chronic injury.

People are saying Worsfold needs to be ranter and raver. It's not him. When I hear him speak I hear the passion from within. It's the steely resolve to see this thing through.

If we beat the Eagles over there we can actually win the the flag. Win that one final and the juggernaut will be unstoppable.

Worsfold has had to endure through ban year and the reintegration year. He needs the opportunity to take this team to the next level. Any stupid move by Essendon to sack him after getting into the 8 will not be tolerated. Doing that is like throwing the baby out with bath water.

Now if he wants to step down and go back to WA that is a whole different thing.

Let's get behind the team and Woosha not be conniving to knife the coach.
Regards

MH_Bomber

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:40 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:58 pm
When I heard that stuff spew forth from her I thought that is something I dont want be true.

Getting this team into the 8 is a pass this season mgiven we simply cant get our best team on the park. Now that is down to injury management and conditioning even maybe putting too many eggs in the Joe D basket only to find out he has a chronic injury.

People are saying Worsfold needs to be ranter and raver. It's not him. When I hear him speak I hear the passion from within. It's the steely resolve to see this thing through.

If we beat the Eagles over there we can actually win the the flag. Win that one final and the juggernaut will be unstoppable.

Worsfold has had to endure through ban year and the reintegration year. He needs the opportunity to take this team to the next level. Any stupid move by Essendon to sack him after getting into the 8 will not be tolerated. Doing that is like throwing the baby out with bath water.

Now if he wants to step down and go back to WA that is a whole different thing.

That’d be the more likely scenario,taking his family home with him,MH.

Let's get behind the team and Woosha not be conniving to knife the coach.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:47 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:09 pm
s'dreams wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

Anyway - stupid timing.
Caro at her journalistic best - get some bits of information and assemble them into a story to suit your “scandal” driven agenda.

Timmy put things straight on SEN this morning. He rang Xavier Campbell and asked him if there was truth in the rumour. In short...

The club met with Alan Richardson to see if he was interested in an assistant role at the club (with Woosha fully aware of that meeting). Richo said he is more interested in a mentoring role, which Xavier said we don’t have for him. So he’s off to Melbourne. That’s all who we approached.

Side note: I find it weird that Alan Richardson is looking for a mentoring role for a young senior coach. He’s not exactly a raging success himself, so I find it weird how he could mentor someone in that role.
Gawd, if they wanted a mentor for a new coach - they could try Sheeds (who is already on staff). Should they want an unsuccessful StKilda coach, they could organise a chat every so often with Tim.

I would have thought that Woosha should have been sitting in on any approach for a new assistant coach (and not just being "aware"). Strange way of doing things.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:52 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:47 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:09 pm
s'dreams wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

Anyway - stupid timing.

Gawd, if they wanted a mentor for a new coach - they could try Sheeds (who is already on staff). Should they want an unsuccessful StKilda coach, they could organise a chat every so often with Tim.

I would have thought that Woosha should have been sitting in on any approach for a new assistant coach (and not just being "aware"). Strange way of doing things.
More of a development coach - like he used to be with us before.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:37 am

Or could it be that all of this is just bullshit to unsettle us (and the coach) before the final?? Just let it flow.... :^o

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:47 am

Win against the Eagles and given the injury list throughout the year...Woosha is safe.

However lose and he may well be under the pump.

i heard he has a performance clause in his contract requiring at least a preliminary final appearance

sounds like bullshit

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:45 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:47 am
Win against the Eagles and given the injury list throughout the year...Woosha is safe.

Safe to choose whether he stays,or takes his family home with our blessings and best wishes.

However lose and he may well be under the pump.

i heard he has a performance clause in his contract requiring at least a preliminary final appearance

sounds like bullshit