Open Letter to John Worsfold

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Open Letter to John Worsfold

Post by grassy1 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:02 am

boncer34 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:20 am
He's not going anywhere and anyone expecting him to be sacked 2 games into the season needs to reevaluate their knowledge of how clubs operate.
How Clubs operate,or how the AFL Commission operate them?

All the same,IF the Club’s Membership is screaming for Worsfold’s head anytime of the season,isn’t it then for The Club’s Board to determine from there,as opposed to an outside body,such as The AFL Commission?

By the way,if Worsfold isn’t cutting it by Round 5 at least,that’s it for me.But I guess even then,the Board will hang on just a bit more.

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:02 am

If clubs were swayed by member opinions, the whole board should be sacked.

Agree or disagree, their in position to run the club. Vote them out if you think they can’t do that.

Where would Hardwick and the tiggers be after they finished 13th and all and sundry calling for the coaches head?

Note, I am not sticking up for Worsfold. I do think he needs to stop with the softly softly approach he had to have when players were banned and start getting tough on players to perform...whether he can do this, I am not sure. If he doesn’t, then I think he will be gone by seasons end...

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:53 am

My angle is from where any Club(not just us) moves to sack it’s Coach,that it does so,free of any intervention from AWFULL(AFL House).

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:07 pm

Well now Daniel Kerr treats his relevance deprivation syndrome by offering advice to our midfield... Oh the irony!!!
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:18 pm

Crazyman wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:02 am

Agree or disagree, their in position to run the club. Vote them out if you think they can’t do that.

Where would Hardwick and the tiggers be after they finished 13th and all and sundry calling for the coaches head?

Note, I am not sticking up for Worsfold. I do think he needs to stop with the softly softly approach he had to have when players were banned and start getting tough on players to perform...whether he can do this, I am not sure. If he doesn’t, then I think he will be gone by seasons end...
The Hardwick comparison is not relevant. For the first 8 years he didn’t have a team. We have a team, more or less, better than any we have had since 2007. Do we have to wait another 5 years for Worsfold to enter the rarified air of mediocrity formed by Hardwick’s Tigers?

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:46 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:18 pm
Crazyman wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:02 am

The Hardwick comparison is not relevant. For the first 8 years he didn’t have a team. We have a team, more or less, better than any we have had since 2007. Do we have to wait another 5 years for Worsfold to enter the rarified air of mediocrity formed by Hardwick’s Tigers?
Why isn’t it relevant. I am talking about the board making decisions not the quality of the list. Dimma was rightly under pressure at the time, but if he had been sacked, would they have won a flag?

Woosha should be rightly under pressure for the performances. But as I said, if the board are that easily swayed, they shouldn’t be on the board.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:04 pm

After tonight, give him another year extension.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:15 pm

He has the Board’s 100% Complete Support. 8)

Credit where it’s due,he got ‘em up tonight,after Melbourne charged past us in the 2nd Quarter.

Pleasing to see.Gotta keep going.1st Win Of The season is always important to notch up ASAP.

One for all to enjoy,but knuckle down soon for next week and so on.

Daisy..1
High Draft Pick

Post by Daisy..1 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:45 pm

Win convincingly against a decent side then lets Celebrate.....tonight was nothing more than winning "just" against a worse team.
We are still no where near being a half decent team!...sorry.....Side Note: PARISH...was a game changer!

Daisy..1
High Draft Pick

Post by Daisy..1 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:56 pm

forgot to add...#BringbackHird :P vingertje =D> :shock: #-o

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:13 am

Daisy..1 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:45 pm
Win convincingly against a decent side then lets Celebrate.....tonight was nothing more than winning "just" against a worse team.
We are still no where near being a half decent team!...sorry.....Side Note: PARISH...was a game changer!

One for one eyed Supporters to celebrate Daisy.If you were at the game and head out on the town,by all means celebrate the night.

I’m having a quiet smile and drink at my footy local,watching a Replay of the game.

I’ve given the Club and boys a hard time so far this season,but when The Club Wins At Anything,by all means enjoy,celebrate,whatever.

The players and Coaches have to do things differently to Supporters obviously,but I am glad to know,they’ll have a very big,warm inner glow tonight.Even John Worsfold! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Good on ‘em!

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:28 am

Gawn got tired rucking against two rucks on a hot night. Merrett broke the tag. Smith stood up. Heppell played a game and a half.

The umps gave us more soft frees than they got (and f***** up less on frees to us than frees to them).

Lets see how we fare against a top 4 side.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:13 am

Like all of us, now is a time to enjoy the win. But please, let’s not fool ourselves. They walked through our defence in the last qtr to kick 6 goals. On the other hand, we scored against their defence which was missing Lever and May...two premier defenders.

There was a lot of good signs nevertheless and I was highly impressed with how the team rebounded after Melbourne dominated that 2nd Qtr
Last edited by Windy_Hill on Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:28 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:13 am
Like all of us, now is a time to enjoy the win. But please, let’s not fool ourselves. They walked through our defence in the last qtr to kick 6 goals. On the other hand, we scored against their defence which was missing Lever and May...to premier defenders.

There was a lot of good signs nevertheless and I was highly impressed with how the team rebounded after Melbourne dominated that 2nd Qtr
Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:51 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Like all of us, now is a time to enjoy the win. But please, let’s not fool ourselves. They walked through our defence in the last qtr to kick 6 goals. On the other hand, we played with Mutch off for most of the game so less rotations, Smack on the field with a hammie and Francis with a hip knock. They should've run over us, but didn't. we scored against their defence which was missing Lever and May...two premier defenders.

rockhole
Club Captain

Post by rockhole » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:02 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Like all of us, now is a time to enjoy the win. But please, let’s not fool ourselves. They walked through our defence in the last qtr to kick 6 goals. On the other hand, we scored against their defence which was missing Lever and May...two premier defenders.

.......and we were missing an All Australian in Hooker. Most of Melbourne's goals in the last quarter were within junk time anyway.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:41 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:

This is sinister. There is the fact that we couldn’t structure ourselves due to JD and Hooksey being injured means nothing to you? It’s hard to read your view on things when you constantly change your thought process. Give credit where it’s due for once!

The :evil:

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:02 am

rockhole wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:02 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:

.......and we were missing an All Australian in Hooker. Most of Melbourne's goals in the last quarter were within junk time anyway.
This is true but we have to be more disciplined regardless of the opponent, regardless of our missing players and regardless of the time left remaining

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:47 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:02 am
rockhole wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:02 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:

This is true but we have to be more disciplined regardless of the opponent, regardless of our missing players and regardless of the time left remaining
They were knackered. Down on rotations from early in the game on a warm night. No chance they were going to be giving 100% for 100% of the time. Cramp was creeping in during the last quarter. It was a great effort to hold them off.

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:12 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:06 pm
boncer34 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:20 am
He's not going anywhere and anyone expecting him to be sacked 2 games into the season needs to reevaluate their knowledge of how clubs operate.

To be fair, our club holds a special place when it comes to utter incompetency. I wouldn’t compare it to how other clubs operate. in fact I would say If anyone thinks we are going to beat Melbourne this week they should re-evaluate their knowledge of how clubs opearate
:-" :-" :-" :-" :-"
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.