Open Letter to John Worsfold

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Open Letter to John Worsfold

Post by Windy_Hill » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:51 pm

Windy Hille wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:41 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:13 am
Like all of us, now is a time to enjoy the win. But please, let’s not fool ourselves. They walked through our defence in the last qtr to kick 6 goals. On the other hand, we scored against their defence which was missing Lever and May...two premier defenders.

There was a lot of good signs nevertheless and I was highly impressed with how the team rebounded after Melbourne dominated that 2nd Qtr
This is sinister. There is the fact that we couldn’t structure ourselves due to JD and Hooksey being injured means nothing to you? It’s hard to read your view on things when you constantly change your thought process. Give credit where it’s due for once!

The :evil:
Listen calm down big fellah - or do we need to have an offline chat as to why you are so easily triggered. No need to always go on the attack against other members - we all have the right to an opinion. So let me clarify. Injuries are part and parcel of the game. We were missing Hooker, I agree. In a couple of seasons we will be missing him permanently. So in these cases, the players who come into the team simply have to do better. The ease by which Melbourne scored given our general domination around the ground in that last qtr was a real concern. Others have made the point that against a better disciplined team we may well got kicked in the but for allowing that sort of defensive laxity. The defensive structures were not the issue rather lack of concentration and discipline. So please, credit has been given if you read my other posts - I mentioned also how impressive the team performed after being threatened in the 2nd qtr. So your accusation that I am not giving credit where its due is simply misplaced. And I am not sure what you mean by "always change your thought process" - perhaps you can help me to better understand that one

And also, they were without their TWO key defenders

So, as I said, as you seem to always get het up with me, PM me for a discussion and lets clear the air.

I personally love the stuff you submit and respect your opinions on the game. You add a lot to this forum. Yes, I am probably more cynical than most but then Robbie 67 will tell you I am the most deluded on this forum in over supporting the team. Swings and Roundabouts I guess.

So cheers buddy

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:21 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:51 pm
Windy Hille wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:41 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:13 am
Like all of us, now is a time to enjoy the win. But please, let’s not fool ourselves. They walked through our defence in the last qtr to kick 6 goals. On the other hand, we scored against their defence which was missing Lever and May...two premier defenders.

There was a lot of good signs nevertheless and I was highly impressed with how the team rebounded after Melbourne dominated that 2nd Qtr
This is sinister. There is the fact that we couldn’t structure ourselves due to JD and Hooksey being injured means nothing to you? It’s hard to read your view on things when you constantly change your thought process. Give credit where it’s due for once!

The :evil:
Listen calm down big fellah - or do we need to have an offline chat as to why you are so easily triggered.
I’m good. Just thought the “let’s not fool ourselves” was a bit condescending.
No need to always go on the attack against other members - we all have the right to an opinion.
I don’t think I went on the attack. Just pointing out that your post seemed condescending to those who were positive about the win. One might say, you went on the attack in general terms against those who made positive comments.
So let me clarify. Injuries are part and parcel of the game. We were missing Hooker, I agree. In a couple of seasons we will be missing him permanently. So in these cases, the players who come into the team simply have to do better.
Well, that’s ok, but you can’t then say “we scored against their defence without Lever and May”. The same applies to them in regards to your reasoning.
The ease by which Melbourne scored given our general domination around the ground in that last qtr was a real concern. Others have made the point that against a better disciplined team we may well got kicked in the but for allowing that sort of defensive laxity. The defensive structures were not the issue rather lack of concentration and discipline.
I simply pointed out that losing Mutch early, then Smith for a period of time, caused us to struggle with rotations. Especially on a warm / humid night, it was no wonder that fatigue and cramping affected our players in the last quarter.
So please, credit has been given if you read my other posts - I mentioned also how impressive the team performed after being threatened in the 2nd qtr. So your accusation that I am not giving credit where its due is simply misplaced.

Noticed that. That’s why I’m confused about your genetalistic comment about getting ahead of ourselves. No-one suggested we are finals bound or somesuch. It was a perplexing phrase to use considering no-one actually got ahead of themselves.
And I am not sure what you mean by "always change your thought process" - perhaps you can help me to better understand that one
The above is an example of that. Giving credit, then insulting those who were complimentary of the exact same thing...
And also, they were without their TWO key defenders
Yes, but as you said, they have to learn to live with that, and those who come in to replace them, simply have to do better.
So, as I said, as you seem to always get het up with me, PM me for a discussion and lets clear the air.
Not sure any private conversation will solve anything. It’s all about certain comments on certain threads. Sometimes we disagree. No big deal. Gimps and I disagree on a number of things, but I see that as healthy debate. I don’t take it personally, and neither should you.
I personally love the stuff you submit and respect your opinions on the game. You add a lot to this forum. Yes, I am probably more cynical than most but then Robbie 67 will tell you I am the most deluded on this forum in over supporting the team. Swings and Roundabouts I guess.

So cheers buddy
Thank you Sir 8) 👍🏼

We’re all here to discuss all things red & black. Sometimes we see more red than black in what we’re discussing, but at the end of the day we all want to see our great club being successful again.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:36 pm

Everyone disagrees with Gimps - it a national pastime :wink: :lol:

Have a good one

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:08 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:36 pm

Have a good one
Just as it is for everyone to piss off robbie 😂

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:57 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:36 pm

Have a good one
And everyone eventually knows they are wrong..

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:43 pm

Contract extension a formality. Well done Woosha

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:09 pm

Settle down there,laddie. :wink: :lol:

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:54 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:43 pm
Contract extension a formality. Well done Woosha
Looks like someone has hijacked your login Windy!

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sat May 11, 2019 2:53 am

Dear John

You may recall my letter to you from this time last year in which I rather bluntly asked you to just go. It seems that the letter did not make it to your desk.

As such, please kindly accept the following note

Go, now, don't look back give us back our goddamn football club

Cheers

Windy

ps Please take Myersy with you.

Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten » Sat May 11, 2019 11:49 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 2:53 am
Dear John

You may recall my letter to you from this time last year in which I rather bluntly asked you to just go. It seems that the letter did not make it to your desk.

As such, please kindly accept the following note

Go, now, don't look back give us back our goddamn football club

Cheers

Windy

ps Please take Myersy with you.

I want to know why worsfold played tough like Godzilla & coaches like Goldilocks....????

Don't give me the crap that he coached west coke to a premiership. The boot studder could have coached that side to a premiership. Beside most of them were as high as a kite.

hop
Club Captain

Post by hop » Sat May 11, 2019 11:58 am

Fundamentally I have no problem with Worsfold's coaching philosophy (as lazy as it is). To empower players to be responsible for their actions and shape the direction of the team.

The problem is he has a bunch of dick-headed, soft-cock players that he keeps turning to, gives responsibility and leadership to, yet expects a different result. Is not that the definition of insanity?

Take him away boys........
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Sat May 11, 2019 3:05 pm

It always gets re-hashed. Need a bit more smarts about our thinking. It goes beyond one man. It’s a collective. I think the problem with this group is above the shoulders more than pure ability. Time to drop the blowtorch and find a compassionate stick.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sat May 11, 2019 3:48 pm

hop wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 11:58 am
Fundamentally I have no problem with Worsfold's coaching philosophy (as lazy as it is). To empower players to be responsible for their actions and shape the direction of the team.

The problem is he has a bunch of dick-headed, soft-cock players that he keeps turning to, gives responsibility and leadership to, yet expects a different result. Is not that the definition of insanity?

I have a massive problem with his philosophy

1. He is the coach...not the frien/mentor.
2. The coach decides on player selection, team management, tactics, game day coaching
3. The average age of these boys is 24 yrs....they can barely use an ATM card let alone self manage their professional football career.
4. Maybe a player lead team works when the coach has established the fundamentals for success which he hasn’t.
5 It’s passing the buck onto the players and not taking responsibility yourself
6 Its bullshit new age American sports talk

Worsfold is a dinosaur. We desperately need a young coach who has the talent and determination to LEAD this team out of its malaise. That includes weeding out the deadwood, making the hard calls on non performing senior players and rewarding VFL form

As for W Hille’s comment about it not being just Worsfold’s fault....True. But a very very large proportion of blame has to rest at his feet. I can’t blame David Myers or David Zaharakis for being selected week in week out when they are simply not good enough. I can only blame the coach.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:58 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 3:48 pm
hop wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 11:58 am

I have a massive problem with his philosophy

1. He is the coach...not the frien/mentor.
2. The coach decides on player selection, team management, tactics, game day coaching
3. The average age of these boys is 24 yrs....they can barely use an ATM card let alone self manage their professional football career.
4. Maybe a player lead team works when the coach has established the fundamentals for success which he hasn’t.
5 It’s passing the buck onto the players and not taking responsibility yourself
6 Its bullshit new age American sports talk

Worsfold is a dinosaur. We desperately need a young coach who has the talent and determination to LEAD this team out of its malaise. That includes weeding out the deadwood, making the hard calls on non performing senior players and rewarding VFL form

As for W Hille’s comment about it not being just Worsfold’s fault....True. But a very very large proportion of blame has to rest at his feet. I can’t blame David Myers or David Zaharakis for being selected week in week out when they are simply not good enough. I can only blame the coach.
=D> =D> =D>

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Fri May 24, 2019 7:46 pm

Scott gone at North

Looks like injuries at Essendon will provide Woosha with another season of what ifs - cant very well sack the guy when half the cattle are floundering in the medical rooms

So we will finish 9th, Ninthdon so to speak and Woosh will saddle up for a fifth year of the same old crap in 2020

So watch North now snap up a Carracella or get into Hodge's ear. We will as usual be watching the world go by.

Sam Mitchell anyone? - c*** of a human but maybe thats what we need

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Fri May 24, 2019 8:02 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:46 pm
Scott gone at North

Looks like injuries at Essendon will provide Woosha with another season of what ifs - cant very well sack the guy when half the cattle are floundering in the medical rooms

So we will finish 9th, Ninthdon so to speak and Woosh will saddle up for a fifth year of the same old crap in 2020

So watch North now snap up a Carracella or get into Hodge's ear. We will as usual be watching the world go by.

Sam Mitchell anyone? - c*** of a human but maybe thats what we need
Reckon North have made the move to secure Ratten Snead of Carlton snapping him up again. Scott will go to Blues. Bolton will get the arse and we will end up with him.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!