Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Post by Crazyman » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:08 am

IMO the right decision by the club.
I think BJ should look to return to the Aints or maybe Dogs...

Thanks for the service. Appreciate that you gave a shit, even if it came out wrong at times.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:59 am

I really think it's best for him too and hope he sees it that way. If he got any worse next year the Club and him would have been slagged to high heaven . At least he can salvage some of his dignity now and leave while he's ahead.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:02 pm

Bin is starting to fill nicely :D

hop
Club Captain

Post by hop » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:49 pm

Two in - 4 or 5 more to go.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:10 am

Jackson is an enigma. Started his career with a bit of panache, and it looked as though he’d be a player. Dominated in one game v Blues and some were thinking he’s on his way. He was on his way...back to the magoos within a matter of weeks. Just never really had it.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:42 am

Windy Hille wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:10 am
Jackson is an enigma. Started his career with a bit of panache, and it looked as though he’d be a player. Dominated in one game v Blues and some were thinking he’s on his way. He was on his way...back to the magoos within a matter of weeks. Just never really had it.
How is he an enigma if he "never really had it"?
More like a destiny.......... to the scrap heap.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:16 am

nudder12 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:42 am
Windy Hille wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:10 am
How is he an enigma if he "never really had it"?
More like a destiny.......... to the scrap heap.
Remember that in 2013 he won the Essendon Lindsay Griffiths Rising Star Award on Crichton Night. In 2014 he got 2 Brownlow votes and averaged 14.5 disposals a game. He went backwards in 2015 and in 2016 he played only 11 games, averaging 18 disposals a game. He broke his leg in 2017 (0 games) and only played 2 games this year to no great effect.

He didn't step up enough in 2016 and performed unders when he had the chance for a permanent spot as a 4th year player.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:18 am

He was a crucial part of the team, without him we may not have got Zach in the door 😉

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:18 am

He was a crucial part of the team, without him we may not have got Zach in the door 😉

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:29 am

Yep. That's destiny at work again. :D

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:14 am

Goddard was a straight shooter and some at Essendon didn't like that.

He is a former Captain of the club and Creighton Medal winner. Still a better player than some at the club certainly his numbers are better.
I was surprised the club didn't offer him an assistant coaching position because he would be good at it. As a player, this year in particular, he has struggled but he will probably be top 6 in the Creighton. He is far from the worst. He is a passionate bloke who strives for the best, calls it as he
sees it and can ruffle people's feathers. Deserves our respect and thanks. He really shone during the saga. Hope he finds something else but he
may not. If the club think its time for BJ, they need to look at our list honestly with a different set of eyes, give some the nod and cut the dead wood.

We as a club need to kill the mould of mediocrity and become ruthless in our desire to be better.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:40 am

The Goddard decision is interesting as he certainly looks like he could play on. It’s clearly part of a bigger play in my opinion to clear some salary cap room for internal contract renewals and/or trade targets. BJ must be getting 500K or thereabouts this season and even though that could be reduced to less on a one year contract extension, ultimately he would be taking the spot of an up and comer.

So, more room in the cap for a big fish trade plus a space opens up for a young gun already on the list

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:44 am

In terms of skip candidates surely Trav Colyer is ripe for such a move. His fumble percentage hit an all time high this year and his clanger numbers were in the League’s upper echelon

He is unquestionably elite when it comes to poor deisposal efficiency, lack of score involvements and not giving a shit.

we should trade him to the skip while he still has currency

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:13 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:44 am
In terms of skip candidates surely Trav Colyer is ripe for such a move. His fumble percentage hit an all time high this year and his clanger numbers were in the League’s upper echelon

He is unquestionably elite when it comes to poor deisposal efficiency, lack of score involvements and not giving a shit.

we should trade him to the skip while he still has currency
Omg pray i never have to see him running in red and black again after last night.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:52 am

I’m tired of saying what has been said above re: The Fumbler.

But I did giggle my arse off when he had 3 consecutive fumbles in one passage of play. To his credit, it ended up in a goal to Laverde.

He’s gotta go.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

DC2
High Draft Pick

Post by DC2 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:29 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:52 am
I’m tired of saying what has been said above re: The Fumbler.

But I did giggle my arse off when he had 3 consecutive fumbles in one passage of play. To his credit, it ended up in a goal to Laverde.

He’s gotta go.
worsfold clearly likes him, doubt he'll be gone.

his disposal is shocking. it never used to be this bad.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:45 pm

Time for Luey and Green to hit the bin

Some have argued that Luey is backup for Bellchambers. No point in keeping an Leyland P76 that breaks down every time you need it as a backup for a Holden ute.

Green can be seen as a backup for ... Green. Too slow for what we need and Baguley has sown up his spot in the forward line anyway with a more useful style of play.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:35 pm

Yep Green and Leuenberger will clog lists therefore skip time. Injury prone the both of em and way past their use by date. Throw em in the skip or just leave em on the nature strip to see if anyone will take me away

I think Jimmy Stewart may be a victim of the Essendon post Round 8 game plan and the longer term upside with Laverde. I would rather we kept Mitch Brown as a back up tall forward and offered Jimmy and Steak Knives for maybe a 3rd Rounder?

Hartley is an interesting one - I would keep him. He along with Brown are ideal utility talks that can come in and out of the side as and when needed without placing to much pressure on the Cap or keeping a young gun from playing seniors. Both players seem to be great clubmen who dont mind doing a job when needed and equally ok with extended time in the VFL

Finally, I would expect Matty Dea to bow out and jump on board the Skip. An honorable goer to be sure but with so many options down back it seems his days will be up at Tulla

So for mine - Delist or Trade

Goddard- Contract not Renewed
Colyer - Trade
Long - Delist
Dea - Delist
Stewart - Trade
Green - Trade
Leuenberger - Delist

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:37 pm

One thing I'd like to consign to the skip bin is the offseason camp that stretches the players physically and mentally so much so that they're totally f----d for the first half of the year. Sounds like the Crows just went through one to their detriment and I venture to say that the Bombers 2017 Point Cook camp down the peninsula sounded bloody stupid and just wore them out and probably injured one or two . Instead of teaching them to hold their breath underwater and wade through shit up to their eyebrows teach them to kick and mark and how not to dispose of the ball in a panic. Then a few drinks at the pub and a wild night out to finish. :D

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:26 pm

Try some Match Simulations that puts today’s style(or lack of it)against some old fashioned positioning.

And no,that is NOT an apology for AWFULL’s Devil Rule - 666. :roll: