SEE YA BRENDAN

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: SEE YA BRENDAN

Post by grassy1 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:02 pm

Add 2 or 3 Night Flags for Wally and he has an impressive trophy Cabinet.

Goddard plays 344 games for maybe a Night Flag,but little other reward and 2 agonising bear misses.

Eg 2009/10 AFL Grand Finals.

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:24 am

grassy1 wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:02 pm

Goddard plays 344 games for maybe a Night Flag,but little other reward and 2 agonising bear misses.

BJ was sensational in the drawn GF. Was almost the match winner. That mark and goal in the last quarter was sensational. Just for a rotten bounce of the ball (for Milne) they could all be heroes.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:35 pm

Windy Hille wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:24 am
grassy1 wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:02 pm

BJ was sensational in the drawn GF. Was almost the match winner. That mark and goal in the last quarter was sensational. Just for a rotten bounce of the ball (for Milne) they could all be heroes.
Well an ugly bouncing ball did win them a GF once upon a time

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:23 am

For all the talk about how poor his onfield antics etc are the only ones to publicly mention their displeasure of him are Paul Chapman, champion player but if you want to talk questionable characters on field you can start with Mr Its All About Me, and I believe Jake Carlisle.

Reality is the absolute vast majority of BJ's teammates have absolutely nothing but good things to say about him.

Gutted we've made the call but it is a sign of a changing Essendon.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:25 pm

boncer34 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:23 am
For all the talk about how poor his onfield antics etc are the only ones to publicly mention their displeasure of him are Paul Chapman, champion player but if you want to talk questionable characters on field you can start with Mr Its All About Me, and I believe Jake Carlisle.

Reality is the absolute vast majority of BJ's teammates have absolutely nothing but good things to say about him.

Very pleased to hear this as some people were suggesting that Heppell didn’t want him in the team.

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:33 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:25 pm
boncer34 wrote:

Very pleased to hear this as some people were suggesting that Heppell didn’t want him in the team.
Complete news to me that one.

I know a lot was made of that on field incident last year but that was such a non-event from Hepp's point of view he was surprised anything was made of it. Didn't even know what people were talking about when initially asked.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:58 am

boncer34 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:33 am
Windy_Hill wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

I know a lot was made of that on field incident last year but that was such a non-event from Hepp's point of view he was surprised anything was made of it. Didn't even know what people were talking about when initially asked.
Someone mentioned that they knew Hepp’s brother Aaron, who stated Dyson couldn’t wait for BJ to retire so he could captain the team the way he wanted to.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

DC2
High Draft Pick

Post by DC2 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:38 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:58 am
boncer34 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

Someone mentioned that they knew Hepp’s brother Aaron, who stated Dyson couldn’t wait for BJ to retire so he could captain the team the way he wanted to.
yes, i remember someone posting that.

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:04 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:58 am
boncer34 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

Massively underselling Dyson there.

BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:00 pm

Has been awarded Life Membership of the club. Walked into the biggest sh!t sandwich 3 months after joining the club and was a stoic leader in his time with us. He was a wonderful player for us.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:54 pm

BERT wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:00 pm
Has been awarded Life Membership of the club. Walked into the biggest sh!t sandwich 3 months after joining the club and was a stoic leader in his time with us. He was a wonderful player for us.
That’s a great honour. Obviously it is under exceptional circumstances that he was awarded life membership. And his contribution to our club has definitely been exceptional. Well deserved =D>
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:18 pm

Well done Brendan Goddard.

Reckon I’ve been hard on you in the past,but if enough people have thought highly enough of you to merit a highly esteemed award,My Hearty Congratulations go to you.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:50 pm

Funny thing Life Memberships.

They’re pretty much deserved all round.But over the years,there’s one or 2 situations that might arise,that raises eyebrows.

Like whether the recipient achieved Life Membership as a Volunteer or a paid Employee of The Club.

The 2 cases I can think of were a Property Steward,then Bar Manager,plus a Trainer,who became the Head Trainer,then handed the keys to someone else to simply stay on as a trainer.

To me,even if they did get paid,which apparently doesn’t qualify someone for Life Membership,the 2 people above did more than enough for me to be awarded such an esteemed Award.

There was one Award that brought the Cynical out our in me.

Buzz

Peter Bosustow.Played 141 games for the Club,which is 9 games short.Played in our last Premietship as a Reserve in 1977 and almost singlehandedly dragged us over the line for a Hat-trick with 7 Goals in the ‘78 Grand Final.

But late in ‘99 speaking on 6PR as a Sports Commentator,he became a bit of a problem for the Club and not too soon after,he was given a Life Membership.

He didn’t say too much in the Media afterwards and call me cynical,but me reckons The Club gave him the Award to Shut ‘im up!

At least he received it the same night,as his mate,Club Massuer Arthur Grey(RIP),who served the Club for Decades.

Ironic too,as Buzz played for Carlton and Arthur was an Absolute Essendon Devotee,who turned his Loungeroom into an Essendon Football Club shrine.Taking pride of place,was a picture of Arthur holding the ‘93 Premiership Cup with Sheeds!

Would have made some interesting conversations between Buzz and Arthur,moreso if Buzz followed Essendon before Carlton got him.Possibly might have followed North in those days.

As for your’s Truly,I have served Perth Football Club in a Variety of Roles for 25 years,for a few plates of Sandwiches and too much Coca Cola.

I copped a 4 week suspension in 2004 for my Naming Rights(Home Demons) Dummy Spit,which hastened the end of the Bar’s Wooden Sliding Doors,so if nothing comes in the next year or 3,I reckon my Card may have been marked.

Especially if Club Legend and Life Member Jack Ensor(RIP),had your’s truly name to consider.

Next!

Oh well,I’ll still be there next year.I wonder who the Eagles’ Timekeeper will be?

It’ll be their 1st Game in the WAFL as a Stand-alone Club,which I am not happy about.

But I won’t make the Volunteer feel bad about that,unless his name is Trevor Nisbett. :roll:

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:36 pm

Grassy you rebel.

I am sure in time the power brokers down at Lathlain will come to their senses.

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:29 am

Looks like you were an outspoken source of disdain grassy. You may need to heal some wounds for them to change their minds. A form of arse licking I guess. Have you. Considered they may have ?

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:30 am

Thanks for the suggestion Windy,but I’m cool.

I’m more interested in what direction the WAFL will take in the next few years.Not much point having a Life Membership now,if there’s nothing left of the competition to support.

I’m am ever so curious about how the Eagles and Dockers still think they benefit the WAFL with their presence,apart from throwing us a few chips.

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:17 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:30 am
Thanks for the suggestion Windy,but I’m cool.

I’m more interested in what direction the WAFL will take in the next few years.Not much point having a Life Membership now,if there’s nothing left of the competition to support.

I’m am ever so curious about how the Eagles and Dockers still think they benefit the WAFL with their presence,apart from throwing us a few chips.
That’s a shame. Have they eroded the comp to the point of extinction? They should look at other 2nd tier comps and follow their lead. Pity you won’t get the recognition for the service you’ve given over a extended period of time. Does Nisbett have a conflict of some sort? Have you thought of writing to the AFL exec?

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:53 pm

Pretty much they have eroded the WAFL,with the WAFC and Dickhead WA Media complicit.

I wouldn’t bother wasting my time with Nisbett or the AWFULL Commission mate.

Know a good local Mining Company?Sans Rinehart or Forrest.They follow ra ra! :evil: :roll: