3 Players Under the Spotlight in 2019

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: 3 Players Under the Spotlight in 2019

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:26 pm

boncer34 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:20 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:59 pm
boncer34 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:58 am
Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:11 pm
Re Joe Daniher

Not Questioning his great 2017. The issue is can he maintain that level or improve upon it
How about we let him get an injury free run at it before throwing him under the spotlight?
Sure. That is the assumption = an injury free Daniher should be one of the three best tall forwards in the league. To think he is not under the spotlight is ignoring the degree of expectation we all have
Yeah but your op basically says Daniher is under the spotlight until he proves he can do what he's previously done.

How about we give him a little leeway? Bloke hasn't played pain free in 12 months by the time we start again. Happy to give him time to find his stride.
Everything you say is reasonable. I guess from a personal viewpoint I am interested to see if 2017 was the real deal or a flash in the pan. I believe a lot of football fans will be asking the same thing thus the reason why fairly or otherwise, JoeDan is definitely one of the players under a pretty glaring spotlight. And incidentally being under the spotlight is not a criticism of the player but rather a degree of expectation we may have on the player’s progress.