Zac Clarke

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Re: Zac Clarke

Post by Rover99 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:05 am

Looked almost arthritic at the start but hopefully blew a few of the cobwebs away

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:20 pm

Rover99 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:22 am
BenDoolan wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:35 pm
We have just been delivered the premiership cup

🏆
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Oh no we haven't... [-X

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:38 pm

Well,not yet anyway.

Give Zac a chance to get on his bike and get moving. :D

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:18 am

grassy1 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:38 pm
Well,not yet anyway.

Give Zac a chance to get on his bike and get moving. :D
Oh, I wasn't meaning to put it all on Zac's shoulders. But it's definitiely a case of unjustified optimism (with the whole squad in this case) at a too early stage. I must admit I got a bit carried away too this year, probabvly just out of desperation :D

rockhole
Club Captain

Post by rockhole » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:47 am

Did a couple of good things against the Dees but most of the game looked like a duck out of water.

However, overall, his height was a bonus and help to nullify Gawn. Worth another chance.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark

hop
Club Captain

Post by hop » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:07 am

rockhole wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:47 am
Did a couple of good things against the Dees but most of the game looked like a duck out of water.

However, overall, his height was a bonus and help to nullify Gawn. Worth another chance.
Agree!

I want the heat on T.Bell.

For too long he has just assumed the role of No.1 Ruckman without energy, dominance or consistency. If Clarke and Draper are given the opportunities he has had it would be interesting to see the difference in hunger levels.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:37 am

hop wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:07 am
rockhole wrote:

Agree!

For too long he has just assumed the role of No.1 Ruckman without energy, dominance or consistency. If Clarke and Draper are given the opportunities he has had it would be interesting to see the difference in hunger levels.
I’ll ask the question here (again) as I feel I keep asking the same thing every season.

Where does Bellchambers sit in the pecking order of ruckmen in the competition? It seems like every game we go into, he is regarded as “up against it” when pitted against the opposition’s ruck.

There are 18 first rucks in the comp. Just like wicketkeepers, they stand out alone in their craft in the team. I reckon he’s in the bottom 10 rather than the top 8 group of ruckmen.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:51 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:37 am
hop wrote:
rockhole wrote:

Agree!

I’ll ask the question here (again) as I feel I keep asking the same thing every season.

Where does Bellchambers sit in the pecking order of ruckmen in the competition? It seems like every game we go into, he is regarded as “up against it” when pitted against the opposition’s ruck.

There are 18 first rucks in the comp. Just like wicketkeepers, they stand out alone in their craft in the team. I reckon he’s in the bottom 10 rather than the top 8 group of ruckmen.
Unfortunately for us I reckon you are dead set right, there are AT LEAST 8 BETTER ruckmen running around and maybe 10. :(

hop
Club Captain

Post by hop » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:32 pm

desmondo wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:51 am
BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:37 am
hop wrote:
rockhole wrote:

Agree!

Unfortunately for us I reckon you are dead set right, there are AT LEAST 8 BETTER ruckmen running around and maybe 10. :(
Yep - and that's being over generous IMHO.

And what have we done in the' Ruckman Recruiting Stakes' in the last few years?

A recycled, Jamar, Leuenberger and Clarke and a young 6'8' pommy kid who never played the game of AFL......

It's been a shit show for years!

Remember when we had Moss, Madden, Salmon...even David Hille (Somerville was an abberation). Blokes who knew the craft, gave us first use (more often than not), had a crack, kicked goals, put their bodies on the line.........
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:00 pm

We had 2 Maddens for a while. As well as an Alessio.

We have been focusing on half back flankers and CHB's.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

DC2
High Draft Pick

Post by DC2 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:11 pm

you forgot about ryder. he is one of the better ruckman in the comp when healthy.

desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:40 pm

And thus our midfielders are always, or usually at a disadvantage from the start.

Maybe we should have one or even two of our mids (depending on who it is and how much influence he is having) roving to the opposition ruckman. :lol: :roll: :-"

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:14 pm

desmondo wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:40 pm
And thus our midfielders are always, or usually at a disadvantage from the start.

Maybe we should have one or even two of our mids (depending on who it is and how much influence he is having) roving to the opposition ruckman. :lol: :roll: :-"
sssshhhhhhh! Don't give away our game plan.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:06 am

Much improved today.
Pushing for TBC's place just on today's performance.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:44 am

Good game today - one sublime handball that released a player (Redman?) running past that resulted in a goal

Plays again next week and I would be tempted to drop TBC for Draper and see how that plays out

Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:35 am

Interesting situation. Thought he played very well yesterday around the ground. Provided many linking passages of play. The dilemma is bringing Joe Daniher back this week. Do we play 2.5 ruckmen?

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:31 pm

I believe the great Zac Clarke experiment is over for a while now. Belly certainly earned his place after yesterday and Joey needs to come back this week in the hope he will be be firing for Anzac Day. Then give Draper a hit and spell Belly for a week after Collingwood, if Joey's Fitness holds up.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 pm

Rover99 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:31 pm
I believe the great Zac Clarke experiment is over for a while now. Belly certainly earned his place after yesterday and Joey needs to come back this week in the hope he will be be firing for Anzac Day. Then give Draper a hit and spell Belly for a week after Collingwood, if Joey's Fitness holds up.
What did Bellchambers do yesterday? I thought he was shitful

Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:07 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 pm
Rover99 wrote:
TB did fuckall. He had worse stats across the board than their 2nd ruckman.
16 hitouts (probably fuckall to advantage), 6 disposals at 66.7%, 4 clangers, 1 mark, 1 tackle.
Worst ranked player out of both sides.

Would really like to see Draper get a run. Dominated the games I saw on VFL last yr. Can't be any worse than TB & at least Clarke had some improvement on previous efforts.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:31 pm

Royza wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:07 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 pm
Rover99 wrote:
TB did fuckall. He had worse stats across the board than their 2nd ruckman.
16 hitouts (probably fuckall to advantage), 6 disposals at 66.7%, 4 clangers, 1 mark, 1 tackle.
Worst ranked player out of both sides.

Would really like to see Draper get a run. Dominated the games I saw on VFL last yr. Can't be any worse than TB & at least Clarke had some improvement on previous efforts.
Bugger me, that confirms my initial thoughts. Thanks Royza!

I agree. Time for Draper.