Zac Clarke

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
s'dreams
Club Captain

Re: Zac Clarke

Post by s'dreams » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:36 pm

I thought TBell was injured. Bad shoulder in Q2. Only played on by being taped and jabbed.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:49 pm

Windy Hille wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:35 am
Interesting situation. Thought he played very well yesterday around the ground. Provided many linking passages of play. The dilemma is bringing Joe Daniher back this week. Do we play 2.5 ruckmen?
If these c**** even remotely consider putting Daniher in the ruck this week, they should be shot. The ****** idiots did it first up in the JLT, don’t do it again this time around.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:36 am

No laughing matter there,Joe. :o

Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:25 pm

Gimps wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:49 pm
Windy Hille wrote:
Interesting situation. Thought he played very well yesterday around the ground. Provided many linking passages of play. The dilemma is bringing Joe Daniher back this week. Do we play 2.5 ruckmen?
If these c**** even remotely consider putting Daniher in the ruck this week, they should be shot. The ****** idiots did it first up in the JLT, don’t do it again this time around.
Not sure they will. Just wondering if we will go in with do many talls though.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:41 pm

Gimps wrote:
Windy Hille wrote:
Watched Woosha's presser today. He was asked if Joe might Ruck and if that meant Clarke might get dropped. In his answer he said "Joe doesn't jump any higher rucking than in the forward line" and that sometimes the ruck is less workload than playing forward. Sounds like Woosha thinks if Joe's fit he will play wherever - including Ruck. Better load up the bullets Gimps :)
Last edited by nudder12 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:42 pm

Windy Hille wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:25 pm
Gimps wrote:
Windy Hille wrote:
Not sure they will. Just wondering if we will go in with do many talls though.
Could look at it in a sense that Brown or Stringer was either FF or CHF on the weekend. Whoever it was (can hardly tell these days, they move around so much) can play a pocket or flank, and Daniher comes in. Clarke could rotate off the bench initially.

A lot will depend on match ups. All I know is that Bellcho isn’t going well enough to take Goldstein all day. So it’s either a ruckman like Clarke chopping out, or maybe Brown in short bursts.

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:44 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:41 pm
Gimps wrote:
Windy Hille wrote:
Watched Woosha's presser today. He was asked if Joe might Ruck and if that meant Clarke might get dropped. In his answer he said "Joe doesn't jump any higher rucking than in the forward line" and that sometimes the ruck is less workload than playing forward. Sounds like Woosha thinks if Joe's fit he can play wherev - including Rucker. Better load up the bullets Gimps :)
Then Woosha truly is a ****** idiot.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:40 pm

35 hit outs to Goldstein’s 34. 6 marks to 1

Could not ask more than that from a guy who has copped a lotta flak from all of us.

In the votes for me

Daisy..1
High Draft Pick

Post by Daisy..1 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:33 pm

He got a lot of respect and applause from the Bombers end of the ground tonight. He certainly looked so much better than weeks ago...maybe...just maybe we need to entrust in Woosha and his thinking that he will improve with more game time. Look..we have no one else...his performances of late have not gone backwards... It's certainly a confidence thing with him. Fanny is my concern...he seems to have lost weight/muscle...a shadow of his former self...rest him and bring in Snell FFS!

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:41 pm

Daisy..1 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:33 pm
He got a lot of respect and applause from the Bombers end of the ground tonight. He certainly looked so much better than weeks ago...maybe...just maybe we need to entrust in Woosha and his thinking that he will improve with more game time. Look..we have no one else...his performances of late have not gone backwards... It's certainly a confidence thing with him. Fanny is my concern...he seems to have lost weight/muscle...a shadow of his former self...rest him and bring in Snell FFS!
:-k

Sorry to hear that lol

Totally agree with you though. Fantasia needs a spell. Pick SNELL.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Daisy..1
High Draft Pick

Post by Daisy..1 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:31 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:41 pm
Daisy..1 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:33 pm
:-k

Sorry to hear that lol

Totally agree with you though. Fantasia needs a spell. Pick SNELL.
I GUESS I LEFT MYSELF VERY OPEN FOR THAT RESPONSE......

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:25 am

Oops Daisy! :o

Good to see Zac live up to the faith I showed him.

I was used to him,destroying the Red andBlack.Good to know,he put in a good one for the Red and Black!

On ya Zac! =D> =D> =D>
Last edited by grassy1 on Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:25 am

Better game and just as well. =D> :-k

Both he & Smack gave away multiple costly frees for holding in the ruck contest today. [-o< improvement needed.

Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:26 am

Zacha Clarke was plenty good tonight. Played with intent and purpose. Ever since Belly went down, we haven’t lost a game.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:55 pm

Hey, lay off the bouquets you lot! Look what happened when you gave Smack a huge rap last week after he suddenly came good for one game. =;

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:47 pm

Rover99 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:55 pm
Hey, lay off the bouquets you lot! Look what happened when you gave Smack a huge rap last week after he suddenly came good for one game. =;
Smack has played more than one good game. He’s been pretty damn good over the last 2 seasons (when fit)
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:41 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:47 pm
Rover99 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:55 pm
Smack has played more than one good game. He’s been pretty damn good over the last 2 seasons (when fit)
I meant since his return from injury (and it was a bit tongue in cheek too :D ). His kicking strength and direction was very disappointing in his first two games back (wasn't it about 1-7 or something?) and people were wanting him dropped to the two's. Then came the Dawks and everyone was raving about him in a special thread. I didn't see the Norf game but the criticism of his kicks falling short and clangers yesterday sounded like it went to his head.( S'Dreams: McKernan 3 shots on goals that didn't go the distance. Running at 0 % efficiency from 4 disposals. 4 clangers including 3 frees against.)
I think someone also said that Redman was profiled in the press this week too and had about his worst day yesterday.

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:31 am

Zac Clarke definitely needed a few games to get back in synch and blow the cobwebs away. Good game Zac.

I was one of the people who criticized him and said he needed to lift his game or get back to the seconds. His game against North was such a pleasant surprise and he put any criticism to rest, he really can do much more and play better than he has been and there is probably still, room for improvement. He played a good game and I think overall he handled himself very well against Goldstein. His hand and foot skills were much better and some of his handballs were very good indeed resulting in goals particularly the one to Redmond running past. I thought he equipped himself well for the game and did everything we could have asked him to do all things considered. I still think we need a good back up ruckman.

The good part about the above is, we don't have to rush Belly back and he can be rested. Likewise Fantasia and probably now Hurley with A (?) shoulder/collar bone injury.

Thank you Zac.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:12 pm

Agree with most of what you said mdso,but Zac will have to keep performing well to put the critics to rest.

Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:28 pm

Bugger that he’s not playing tonight :(

Gonna be tough methinks :-k