Zac Clarke

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
User avatar
boncer34
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 9190
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: Zac Clarke

Post by boncer34 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:09 pm

Is likely to get another year at this stage.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8442
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Zac Clarke

Post by grassy1 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:20 pm

After watching him casually stroll or lope along yesterday Bonce(and I admit,I didn’t see all the game),he’ll possibly be back at Subiaco next year.

Which is very disappointing,given I backed him to make a go of it! #-o :roll: :oops:

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25799
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Zac Clarke

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:35 pm

lol, if he gets another year, this club is completely f*****.

It’s the sort of idiotic decision making that has plagued our club the entire 21st century. The guy is not AFL standard. I don’t give a flying f*** about injuries to other ruckmen, but this bloke cannot be regarded as one. It ain’t his fault, it’s ours. We selected on the list, and we continue to play him. Embarrassingly.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8442
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Zac Clarke

Post by grassy1 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:50 pm

Or maybe it IS his Fault and he is not as good as I thought he was!

Pure and Simple!

Maybe it’s my bloody Fault for calling on Essendon to pick him in a Draft(whatever one it was). #-o :oops: :evil:

User avatar
MH_Bomber
Club Captain
Posts: 3427
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:16 pm
Location: Hughesdale

Re: Zac Clarke

Post by MH_Bomber » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:15 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:35 pm
lol, if he gets another year, this club is completely f*****.

It’s the sort of idiotic decision making that has plagued our club the entire 21st century. The guy is not AFL standard. I don’t give a flying f*** about injuries to other ruckmen, but this bloke cannot be regarded as one. It ain’t his fault, it’s ours. We selected on the list, and we continue to play him. Embarrassingly.
My thoughts about Z Clarke is that he is like having a negative ruckman. At centre bounces his shocking efforts basically ensure the clearance to the other side. Around the ground, should he mark it, then he is sure to turn it over.

It's just dumb, dumb, dumb to keep selecting him. I think their stupid thinking is he's tall he'll make a contest. In reality he's a tall hack of a player and massive liability.
Regards

MH_Bomber

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25799
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Zac Clarke

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:52 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:15 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:35 pm
lol, if he gets another year, this club is completely f*****.

It’s the sort of idiotic decision making that has plagued our club the entire 21st century. The guy is not AFL standard. I don’t give a flying f*** about injuries to other ruckmen, but this bloke cannot be regarded as one. It ain’t his fault, it’s ours. We selected on the list, and we continue to play him. Embarrassingly.
My thoughts about Z Clarke is that he is like having a negative ruckman. At centre bounces his shocking efforts basically ensure the clearance to the other side. Around the ground, should he mark it, then he is sure to turn it over.

It's just dumb, dumb, dumb to keep selecting him. I think their stupid thinking is he's tall he'll make a contest. In reality he's a tall hack of a player and massive liability.
Yep, that’s their thinking - “he’s tall” and “he’ll compete”.

I could wear a ruckman getting done in hit outs, or ineffective taps provided they are making contributions elsewhere i.e being a target from kick outs and actually taking marks, or drifting forward and kicking goals, or generally having a positive impact on play. He does none of this. We are literally playing with 17 players on the field when he’s on it.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 2112
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: Zac Clarke

Post by nudder12 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:31 am

Thought he did OK tonight V Freo.
Was always going to be outdone for hitouts, but apart from that shocker kick for goal he did alright.
Made 5 tackles - equal 3rd best for the team.

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4326
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Zac Clarke

Post by s'dreams » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:38 am

He han play next week on one condition - he tries to take out Grundy.

f*** being fair. Likely to get the Pies in 3 weeks anyway (though possibly more of a chance vs GWS).
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4326
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Zac Clarke

Post by s'dreams » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:41 am

Oh and Please for f**** sake do not give him another year as "insurance"

It is like the sort of insurance claim where they steal your ebike (worth $1800) somewhere in the fine print there is a max payout of 900, the shits take a $500 excess and you get back $400, and they then charge $500 next year in lieu of your no claim bonus.

Bastards.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 2112
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: Zac Clarke

Post by nudder12 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:43 am

s'dreams wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:38 am
He han play next week on one condition - he tries to take out Grundy.

f*** being fair. Likely to get the Pies in 3 weeks anyway (though possibly more of a chance vs GWS).
I understand your sentiment, but not sure how he's going to put Grundy out for 3 weeks unless he does a wrestling manouevre :)

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 2112
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: Zac Clarke

Post by nudder12 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:44 am

s'dreams wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:41 am
Oh and Please for f**** sake do not give him another year as "insurance"

It is like the sort of insurance claim where they steal your ebike (worth $1800) somewhere in the fine print there is a max payout of 900, the shits take a $500 excess and you get back $400, and they then charge $500 next year in lieu of your no claim bonus.

Bastards.
haha
But Draper isn't likely to be back before mid-season is he? So, much as you'd hate it, we'll need Zac for "insurance" if Belly can't play, won't we?

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4326
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Zac Clarke

Post by s'dreams » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:49 am

nudder12 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:44 am
s'dreams wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:41 am
Oh and Please for f**** sake do not give him another year as "insurance"

It is like the sort of insurance claim where they steal your ebike (worth $1800) somewhere in the fine print there is a max payout of 900, the shits take a $500 excess and you get back $400, and they then charge $500 next year in lieu of your no claim bonus.

Bastards.
haha
But Draper isn't likely to be back before mid-season is he? So, much as you'd hate it, we'll need Zac for "insurance" if Belly can't play, won't we?
JD for ruck.

McKernan as backup. Sydney has shown with Aliir Aliir how to play a non ruck against a dominant ruck (and McKernan is actually a ruck).
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

Post Reply