Players who you desperately wanted to make it but were just not good enough!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Players who you desperately wanted to make it but were just not good enough!

Post by grassy1 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:10 pm

Hiding the truth on Injured players?Now where would that custom come from,at this point of time,I wonder? :-"

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Re: Players who you desperately wanted to make it but were just not good enough!

Post by boncer34 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:21 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:02 pm
boncer34 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:56 pm
Rover99 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:02 pm
boncer34 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:02 am
Rover99 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:21 pm
Yes as my heart beats fast thinking about Shiel and the promise in this year's Idraft I can't help thinking with fear and tripadation about these fallen Heroes. Then we have players who showed us flashes of brilliance in between injuries but never ever came good. I think they're the hardest to take of all. Which reminds me has anybody got any recent information about Joey?
Would've played finals
Great Bonce. Thanks.
Scratch that.

Appears the clubs been talking shit about how Joe is recovering.
I take it you mean he is "not"recovering as well as is being portrayed - which by the way looks pretty bleak anyway
Well I was told he'd have played finals, think Gimps might have heard similar?

Yet now he's in doubt to be in full training after christmas.

Absolute cock up this one, should never have played as much as he did when injured.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

rockhole
Club Captain

Post by rockhole » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:56 pm

Simon Eastaugh!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:08 pm

boncer34 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:21 am
Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:02 pm
boncer34 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:56 pm
Rover99 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:02 pm
boncer34 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:02 am

Would've played finals
Great Bonce. Thanks.
Scratch that.

Appears the clubs been talking shit about how Joe is recovering.
I take it you mean he is "not"recovering as well as is being portrayed - which by the way looks pretty bleak anyway
Well I was told he'd have played finals, think Gimps might have heard similar?

Yet now he's in doubt to be in full training after christmas.

Absolute cock up this one, should never have played as much as he did when injured.

They have to get him right. No point in rushing his rehab. We managed without him last year so a mid season comeback with Joey in tip top nick might be a nice bonus

desmondo
High Draft Pick

Post by desmondo » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:41 pm

I hope that who-ever it was (Justin Crow???) that was responsible for allowing Joe to play in the first place, when clearly injured, is/was shown the fkng door.

How fkng irresponsible :evil: :evil:

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:31 am

.....and if it was Worsfold that was responsible,what then?

desmondo
High Draft Pick

Post by desmondo » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:07 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:31 am
I can`t see Worsfold having a say (or not a very big one, player fitness is surely NOT up to the coach, this is why we hire these so-called 'fitness and conditioning experts') on whether a guy is fit enough to play or not, but if he did, he needs his arse kicked too. Unless it`s a final then it should be a take NO risks with your best and most important players.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:01 pm

desmondo wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:07 pm
grassy1 wrote:
I can`t see Worsfold having a say (or not a very big one, player fitness is surely NOT up to the coach, this is why we hire these so-called 'fitness and conditioning experts') on whether a guy is fit enough to play or not, but if he did, he needs his arse kicked too. Unless it`s a final then it should be a take NO risks with your best and most important players.
Everyone is forgetting the most important person in this scenario. Joe Daniher himself. A player actually knows if he’s right or not.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

desmondo
High Draft Pick

Post by desmondo » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:13 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:01 pm
desmondo wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:07 pm
grassy1 wrote:
Everyone is forgetting the most important person in this scenario. Joe Daniher himself. A player actually knows if he’s right or not.
Absolutely true that Benny...he must have known he wasn`t right. Again, if it`s not a final WHY fkng risk it???.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:57 pm

[/quote]

Absolutely true that Benny...he must have known he wasn`t right. Again, if it`s not a final WHY fkng risk it???.
[/quote]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were going through a really weird time then: 3 new players trying to find their feet: coach trying to get the right fit and not looking confident: the famous "Game plan" that wasn't: Hooker, screwing up so badly every second week and people arguing whether he should play forward or not: Hurley totally lost for a while and everyone wondering why: Green with chronic injuries and crazy antics: serious backline injuries: Stewart dropping his bundle: Joey out of form and clowning around like it didn't matter: Stringer not really finding his feet at times: TBell with no effective backup: Smack injured and out: Goddard's clangers - too old according to some: McGrath with unusual fumbles: Tippa in and out of form. People calling for Heppel's head and demanding his beard be shaved off ( :D ) People screamimg for a new coach and threatening to hand in their membership. There was so much that had to fall on Joey's shoulders then, it was unthinkable that he wouldn't come good. Remember how hard it was to finally pull him? Then there was the loss to Carlton that almost destroyed every loyal Bomber fan and consigned us to the bottom 8. Is it any wonder that Joey's condition got masked in that shitfight? It's hard to think it all happened less than ayear ago and here we are again - expecting the world out of him in 2019.

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Post by Windy Hille » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:40 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Do I sense a bit of animosity or even aggression towards Woosha? If I recall, you were scathing in his appointment and wondered if the club had thought it through. Do you know of any insider information of his time at Eagles? Seems a few in WA think he was merciless in his demands on players etc.

desmondo
High Draft Pick

Post by desmondo » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:09 pm

Windy Hille wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:40 pm
grassy1 wrote:
Do I sense a bit of animosity or even aggression towards Woosha? If I recall, you were scathing in his appointment and wondered if the club had thought it through. Do you know of any insider information of his time at Eagles? Seems a few in WA think he was merciless in his demands on players etc.
I don`t know about 'merciless' but I`m pretty sure he was in charge of the eagles when a few of the players were using steroids, they went from scrawnyish (if that's a word :lol: ) to very big in a short space of time, and there was more 'white powder' floating around some of the players than Johnson and Johnson had...

Having said that, it was almost AFL endorsed, as they 'had to be' successful, and we all know about their pathetic non-governance...

I wait with baited breath for Grassy`s opinion on this. :-"

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:39 am

Windy Hille wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:40 pm
grassy1 wrote:
No secret about my animosity about his appointment my friend.

But to fair now,John Worsfold has this Club’s Complete Support!Right up to the day we Sack ‘Im!

With apologies to Gerard Kennedy and Working Dog Scriptwriter! :lol: